Next GI cover

Dilapidated

baguvix_wanrltw
We expect a reveal next Thursday right???

Right, the first thursday of the month, August 2nd.

BTW they should start teasing and giving clues about the cover very soon if it's going to be revealed in 7 days.

Do they tell the cover release date prior to it? And how many days prior?

BTW they should start teasing and giving clues about the cover very soon if it's going to be revealed in 7 days.

Do they tell the release date before?

Yep, that's what I thought. The previous issues of GI had been teased a week before the reveal. Nothing has been teased so far. I still have high hopes for V biggrin.gif

The first thursday of the month. So the 2nd of August.

Bitches_Brew

Do they tell the release date before?

Yep, that's what I thought. The previous issues of GI had been teased a week before the reveal. Nothing has been teased so far. I still have high hopes for V biggrin.gif

i think someone needs to start blowing up GI's twitter feed. lol.gif

Andy McNamara (Game Informer boss) said month ago that he will no longer be confirming nor denying games when people will ask him.

BTW why didn't anyone ask him anything about the cover yet?

Imagine if the cover finally was GTA V with some character art on it.

Something beautiful.

Edited by Mamunda

Jesus, just wait dude. August 2nd, you'll get your hopes crushed. There is really no need to try to make it come sooner.

Quit being so damn negative. The gi cover is a realistic expectation

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Jesus, just wait dude. August 2nd, you'll get your hopes crushed. There is really no need to try to make it come sooner.

Dude what's your problem? Chill out and f**k off

BlackandWhite23

Can anyone fantasize anymore dozingoff.gif Well i hope your Dreams come true

I should chill out? I'm being realistic here. We have all the info we need as per Rockstar's new Marketing theory.

I'm not the one freaking out, trying to get the tiniest sliver of info out before the scheduled date. You have the day that the cover will be revealed, just wait for it. Nothing will leak out before the Second of August . The guys at GI won't tell us if it's GTA V or not, so there's really no need to be running around like a child-molester at a Justin Beiber concert.

As I said before, I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. We will not see GTA V in September's GI.

Seems very possible. If an October release is planned, then it is very likely. Either way, it sure can't be too much longer.

If September isn't the cover, then October surely isn't the release month.

we don't even get GI in the UK haha so i don't care.

When a magazine has a GTA V blow out article with the first info and details, the pages will get scanned and uploaded and you'll be first in line to download them. Don't even try to front.

GTAVIViceCity

Didn't the san andreas release date trailer release in September??

Of course GTA V could still release in 2012 if there is an OCTOBER ISSUE (September)

I still have my hopes for September but if not October issue is very much likely since October is GTA related for Rockstar...

September/October issue

If not, I lost hope in GI

Didn't the san andreas release date trailer release in September??

Of course GTA V could still release in 2012 if there is an OCTOBER ISSUE (September)

I still have my hopes for September but if not October issue is very much likely since October is GTA related for Rockstar...

September/October issue

If not, I lost hope in GI

This icon14.gif

I hope dearly that R* does a short strong marketing campaign. But most games released this gen haven't done that sadly, maybe R* will bring it back. If there is no trailer or GI cover or something solid enough for us to assume that R* is ready to head in strong 2013 is the year to wait. Plus we have the Take-Two meeting in a few days which could either be one of two things, their predictions for this fiscal year will still be $2 per share or they will lower that $2 per share down, meaning GTA V is not on the lurk.

Well if any game can do well with a short marketing campaign, it would be a GTA game they’ve done it before.

Hell the first trailer sent the internet in an uproar for weeks, hell months even, the two screens back on the 12th sent it ablaze again for a shorter time. I mean really all they’d need to do is push a GI article, and one more trailer and they’d be set, GTA is big enough to do that with, not many other games are. I mean just about every gamer I know (includeding the stereotypical FPS only casuals) plays GTA. I mean it’s huge, not only will this smaller campaign get fans, but it would cause enough buzz to draw in a few new people.

I mean those two things, article, and a trailer to keep people occupied until October-December would be enough of a Marketing campaign I believe. Whether or not they chose to pull that off remains to be seen, they could go either way as we've seen with past games, could be long and silent (like RDR was kinda) or short, silent, with a rush of some info near the end of the wait to set people's hype to 11, and then bam.

did GI editors on twitter give us some hints or did they comment on the cover reveal on 2nd august yet? i mean, its only 1 week left and last time they nearly spammed my twitter with hints and stuff...?

And so it begins again....

Last month was fun! Let's do a second round.

I always believed that it would be the September cover if it's an Oct 2012 release. If GTA isn't the cover this coming month then abandon 2012 hope. Although I guess they could still go for Nov/Dec but meh.

@Punkd

Last month, they responded in tweets that when it is GTA V on the cover they want it to be a surprise and so that no one expects it. Therefore, I doubt they will be teasing anything from now on, whatever the cover truly is.

Andy McNamara ‏@GI_AndyMc

@Cicci_Brillo Sorry Cicci, as I mentioned last month we are working hard to get GTA V on our cover but we can't reveal a time frame.

I'm taking this as a ... no GTA V cover for next week

spacer.png

Andy McNamara ‏@GI_AndyMc

@Cicci_Brillo Sorry Cicci, as I mentioned last month we are working hard to get GTA V on our cover but we can't reveal a time frame.

I'm taking this as a ... no GTA V cover for next week

seems so :'( he said we can expect a gta v cover story when we dont expect it and when he is not talking about it..but he just did talk about it

I wouldn't count it out yet. From the way he just spoke about it, he's telling us not to expect the cover. Exactly what he wants.

Bohan Bomber

Yea n he also said he "can't reveal a time frame" not "we can't give a time frame"

I'd be a horrible magician cause Ill f*ck a trick up

Whoa nelly, tell Angelina Jolie I'm ready

With petroleum jelly to smear it all over me belly

I wouldn't count it out yet. From the way he just spoke about it, he's telling us not to expect the cover. Exactly what he wants.

^ This.

Or we're just over-analysing.

Either way. So the cover gets revealed next week???

My hope for a october release is slim now. I hope the cover is gta v

If next cover isn't GTA V then f*ck GI and R*.

Yeah.. yeah, this was also said for the latest covers in the last months sigh.gif

It's just the same sh*t all over again and again.

And if there finally will be a cover for V then you all would just praise both GI and R*, lol

And yes, the cover will be revealed next thursday, on 2nd August. About 11 am in EDT time (GMT -6)