Next GI cover

Dilapidated

I think they will release some kind of exclusive mini-version of the magazine, maybe 10 pages with only information about GTA V.

And the magazine could be released whenever.

Edit: It would definitely be something different, and we would not expect it.

Most likely the September cover will be GTA V

Just think about it, Rockstar has said that it will release more ''images'' soon and then a trailer.

What a better way to release images, then to release them for a Game Magazine. More better, GameInfomer.

Andrew Reiner has said that when they release GTA V cover that people wouldn't see it coming.

This month hardly any talk of GTA V cover for Game Informer, unlike last month which had a great amount of people talking about this. 108 pages to be almost exact.

Andrew said that he is working on a GTA V cover and it will be different.

Andrew_Reiner

@BlaZeTheHaZe4 I never teased GTA V. The only thing I said about the cover is that we are doing something different.

vega0422

@Andrew_Reiner GI has denied specific covers before -- if this is the new policy, this is weird timing; seems like a play on GTA V hype, no?

Andrew_Reiner

@vega0422 We want our covers to be surprises. And I have no idea how it's a play on GTA V hype.

^ Actually this does applies to hype because it's basically confirming that GTA V is on its way soon and it's close to a couple of months. If not they could always deny the cover until 2014 like Andrew said, no point in making people hype for false covers month after month unless it's about to drop soon. Just like Andrew denied a HL3 Cover recently... which gives GTA V cover away for the fans to expect something very soon.

He did have other tweets claiming they are working on GTA V but suddenly got deleted ''Coincidental?'' You know what this means. You know it and I know it.

Expect GTA V cover September issue. The proof is in front of you.

Peace - GTAVIVICECITY

I never thought about that. Anyway here: cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif Yeah, I think that'd be very plausible. icon14.gif baguvix_wanrltw: Your comment was a little bit ignorant. It sounds like you want to say that all 2012 believers are idiots. dozingoff.gif

I put my faith into the next trailer which we won't get for a while and most likely will be posted on the official GTA V website. Assuming that the game comes in mid 2013 it's too early for magazine details and too late for a 2012 release. I'm afraid the next three months will be a chore in terms of new info.

I put my faith into the next trailer which we won't get for a while and most likely will be posted on the official GTA V website. Assuming that the game comes in mid 2013 it's too early for magazine details and too late for a 2012 release. I'm afraid the next three months will be a chore in terms of new info.

Yeah, of course, you know. Either Rockstar must release in October 2012 oooorrrrrrrrrrrrr in mid 2013!!!!! Because it's completely impossible that GTA V will come out in November, December, March or whatever. And of course if the game won't come out in 2012 then they have to release it more than a half year later. Of course, cool logic. sarcasm.gifI don't mean this in a bad way. I don't attack you. Seriously Rockstar don't follow a pattern. They don't announce the release date or the release window because they're afraid of a delay. A delay costs a lot of money and the stock would drop stronger than now. They will announce the release date if they're ready and if they're sure that the game won't be delayed. And no the marketing campaign will NOT as big as GTA IV's or Max Payne 3's or what ever. Here from an interview with Dan Houser: "In this rare interview, Houser outlines how the company makes its decisions -- from booting Max Payne into the future to deciding not to give players much of a window into its games prior to their release. He also discusses lessons learned from Red Dead Redemption and the creative bible for the Grand Theft Auto series." Here is the full interview: Click!

GTAVIViceCity

Yeah, of course, you know. Either Rockstar must release in October 2012 oooorrrrrrrrrrrrr in mid 2013!!!!! Because it's completely impossible that GTA V will come out in November, December, March or whatever. And of course if the game won't come out in 2012 then they have to release it more than a half year later. Of course, cool logic. sarcasm.gifI don't mean this in a bad way. I don't attack you. Seriously Rockstar don't follow a pattern. They don't announce the release date or the release window because they're afraid of a delay. A delay costs a lot of money and the stock would drop stronger than now. They will announce the release date if they're ready and if they're sure that the game won't be delayed. And no the marketing campaign will NOT as big as GTA IV's or Max Payne 3's or what ever. Here from an interview with Dan Houser: "In this rare interview, Houser outlines how the company makes its decisions -- from booting Max Payne into the future to deciding not to give players much of a window into its games prior to their release. He also discusses lessons learned from Red Dead Redemption and the creative bible for the Grand Theft Auto series." Here is the full interview: Click!

I agree, I've been saying this for 7 months!!

it's impossible to release GTA V in 2013 because of the stock. No way can they make that much money in 3 months or 1 month... No way...

Apparently people don't get that in these forums. They just assume GTA V is coming in 2013 without putting any logic in their argument.

it's impossible to release GTA V in 2013 because of the stock. No way can they make that much money in 3 months or 1 month... No way...

Apparently people don't get that in these forums. They just assume GTA V is coming in 2013 without putting any logic in their argument.

Well the best argument I've seen is some strange claim that GTA IV sold 6 million copies and made 500 millions in a week.

But no-one explained to me who paid the 83 dollars per game that it would have needed.

And no-one explained how TakeTwo would get all the money from these sales.

Well the best argument I've seen is some strange claim that GTA IV sold 6 million copies and made 500 millions in a week.

But no-one explained to me who paid the 83 dollars per game that it would have needed.

And no-one explained how TakeTwo would get all the money from these sales.

This is a fallacy. Why? In Wikipedia you can read that GTA IV sold 6 million copies in the first week which makes 500 million dollar, right? Yeah it's right but is it correct what Wikipedia say? NO! Why? It's because divide 500 million with 6 million. The result is 83.33 dollar. And that's the mistake. Rockstar get only $35 if the game is new. Wikipedia calculate these numbers from the retailer and not the real income from Rockstar. Do you know what I mean? smile.gif

dimitrispgr

There is only one logical argument for those (including me) : They are not ready ! smile.gif

There is only one logical argument for those (including me) : They are not ready !  smile.gif

I hope you can explain me why Rockstar release the trailer for GTA V in November 2011 and 2 screenshots in July 2012 if the game is far from finished? I don't think that Rockstar made a few skyscrapers, houses, palms, roads, a few cars, weapons, peds and animals just for the trailer. Yeah, you know. They even used the objects from GTA:SA but just with a sharpness filter so the game looks better. tounge.gif Seriously Rockstar never did this in the past so why should they start with this sh*t now? sigh.gif

Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian

There is only one logical argument for those (including me) : They are not ready !  smile.gif

I hope you can explain me why Rockstar release the trailer for GTA V in November 2011 and 2 screenshots in July 2012 if the game is far from finished? I don't think that Rockstar made a few skyscrapers, houses, palms, roads, a few cars, weapons, peds and animals just for the trailer. Yeah, you know. They even used the objects from GTA:SA but just with a sharpness filter so the game looks better. tounge.gif Seriously Rockstar never did this in the past so why should they start with this sh*t now? sigh.gif

lol, someone will reply with "A Bold New Direction"

sublimelabs

I hope you can explain me why Rockstar release the trailer for GTA V in November 2011 and 2 screenshots in July 2012 if the game is far from finished? I don't think that Rockstar made a few skyscrapers, houses, palms, roads, a few cars, weapons, peds and animals just for the trailer. tounge.gif Rockstar never did this in the past so why should they start with this sh*t now? sigh.gif

Even so, Rockstar's games are usually still in development while they advertise. To the point where it makes me wonder how they distribute the copies so quickly. tounge.gif

Raynos: Yeah, that'd be really a bold new direction. tounge2.gif

sublimelabs: That's right but their games are largely finished. I've even a proof. The first thing that Rockstar make, if they create a new game, is the map. Then they try to finish it and then they make they story of the game. If they finish this then they make mini-games and polish everything from the game. You heard the voice from the trailer? That means the story of the game is finished. That was 9 months ago so the game is nearly finished. And Rockstar North ordered a thousand game tester back in January 2012. Rockstar North is the developer of GTA V so the game tester most likely testing GTA V. Just a part of them help to polish the DLCs of Max Payne 3. wink.gif

Ive been sticking to these game-informer threads since january. Hell, I even think I created one of them. But now my pessimism has reached a all time high, and my initial response when I saw this topic was "not this again!"

Hadnt it been for Rockstars screens and status-announcement a few weeks ago I think I would have more faith in this though...

mrsurferdude

I saw the GI cover and it seemed to me it was filler to justify the mag that month. I mean the E3 hot 50?? everyone's been following the show and they covered most of those games before so i don't see a point on it. I think they were planing on GTAV but got the infamous cold shoulder from R* and thus forced to go with plan b. Now let's hope that they'll get some info so we can get hyped about the game again instead of pissed off and delusional. Again that's my opinion, u disagree lemme know tounge.gif

HydraulicWaRiOr
*snip*

: p

Wow, that's really well done.

Did you do that?

You're actually a pretty good artist, but I can't help but remark on how ridiculously cliché that looks. It's like every mafia c*nt in the GTA series was smushed together to make Pegorinos brother. I seriously don't think I could stand a cover like that. I would probably go an-hero or something.

[supreme]

You're actually a pretty good artist, but I can't help but remark on how ridiculously cliché that looks. It's like every mafia c*nt in the GTA series was smushed together to make Pegorinos brother. I seriously don't think I could stand a cover like that. I would probably go an-hero or something.

[supreme]

Why do you always write in blue? And why do you always write after the text [supreme]? rolleyes.gif

Wow... it's  almost time to be disappointed again? Man that was fast!

This pretty much. tounge.gif

guys i'm feeling a bit lazy

can someone post the scans of the pages of the GI magazine where IV was revealed?

Feel like reading it again for old times sake

[supreme]

Why do you always write in blue? And why do you always write after the text [supreme]? rolleyes.gif

CUZ HE CAN! It's his "[supreme]" style. He's just too cool to write in white and use the signature function properly.

OT: GI is keeping silent, so we can't know for sure. Let's wait and see.

UtricularEwe001

can someone post the scans of the pages of the GI magazine where IV was revealed?

It's just a summary tounge.gif

GTA 4

It's just a summary tounge.gif

GTA 4

thanks anyway

Dilapidated
Ive been sticking to these game-informer threads since january. Hell, I even think I created one of them. But now my pessimism has reached a all time high, and my initial response when I saw this topic was "not this again!"

Hadnt it been for Rockstars screens and status-announcement a few weeks ago I think I would have more faith in this though...

I've been on these forums for a lot longer than what my join date says. I've read countless theories, multiple GI threads, even looked into all the chevychase nonsense and honestly this is the first time I've actually believed we'd get something. In fact I feel pretty confident about it. In closing just so everyone knows, if it turns out I'm wrong you won't see me on these forums being negative or bitching about it. Things do happen and people are wrong sometimes but I really have a gut feeling I'm right on this.

Here's a good rule of thumb:

If you think something is coming, it isn't.

Dilapidated

We'll see soon enough, if I'm right I give you permission to say.

If Dilapidation thinks something is coming, its coming.

wink.gif

We'll see soon enough, if I'm right I give you permission to say.

If Dilapidation thinks something is coming, its coming.

wink.gif

lol, I'm just not getting my hopes up anymore. We have all we need (excluding a release date), There may not even be a GI article until after the game's release. confused.gif

It sucks, but I really believe this to be true.

lol, someone will reply with "A Bold New Direction"

They probably mean bold new direction in marketing - release the trailer, then don't give a f*ck about anything, then 9 months later 2 screens, then don't give a f*ck about anything, then release another pathetic screen 9 months later, then make Max Payne 4 and market it for 2 years, then finally release GTA V 6 years later.

That's what you call bold new direction

They probably mean bold new direction in marketing - release the trailer, then don't give a f*ck about anything, then 9 months later 2 screens, then don't give a f*ck about anything, then release another pathetic screen 9 months later, then make Max Payne 4 and market it for 2 years, then finally release GTA V 6 years later.

That's what you call bold new direction

They meant with the GAME, not the marketing or anything else.... wink.gif

I do have a life you sad c*nt as if i give a f*ck about your ban, you can stick you know where.

Lets see how much of a life you actually have.

Regards,

G