Next GI cover

Dilapidated

If anyone is actually going to believe this bullsh*t again then you might aswell shoot yourself in the balls.

other than Rockstar there is no one else that will give us LEGIT info, you can stay on this topic to get the hype up but like before you will be for a disappointment.

I dont get it. What month was the last cover and what game it was?

And when you say you hope it will be on the next cover, abouth which month's cover ur talking about?

GI, like most magazines, is basically one month ahead of the actual month. The issue that just came out this month (which is July in case you didn't know tounge.gif ) is the August issue. It's a special E3 issue, so there are six completely different covers this month, six different games that appeared at E3.

So in this thread we're talking about the cover of the September issue which will come out in August, about 3-4 weeks from now. (I just got my August issue yesterday, though a lot of people got it over a week earlier)

MiamiVice1984

Im going to stay the hell away from this forum during the next cover reveal becuse i cant stand seeing everyone crying when you find out its not V.

Edited by MiamiVice1984

Revolution-XW
If anyone is actually going to believe this bullsh*t again then you might aswell shoot yourself in the balls.

other than Rockstar there is no one else that will give us LEGIT info, you can stay on this topic to get the hype up but like before you will be for a disappointment.

LOL! icon14.gif

I just hope, dont really care anymore, unless confirmed. wink.gif

Were u even around for the IV marketing. Rockstar didnt trickle out info before the GI cover.

After the first trailer was released there was no info until the GI cover. That cover initiated all info release after that

ShnePmW.jpg?5

I'm assuming if GI has GTA V on the cover this would mean a big story with new information?

I don't know GI so don't know how they work but if they're like any other magazine then it'll be a crock of sh*t.

leik oh em jeez!

Do we have to have a "no info in this GI" "V not on this month's GI cover" and "Will V be on next month's GI cover" thread every month?

Could those 3+ topics created on the exact same subject every month not be combined to one continuous topic?

Eventually, those hoping for GI to do a GTA V cover story are going to get their wish. GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA IV all had their first big info blow outs in GI cover stories. Not to mention pretty much every other major R* game in the last 10 years (except RDR for some reason.) It's gonna happen. Maaaaaybe not this month. Maaaaaaybe not next month. But some month.

Edited by Druffmaul

I'm assuming if GI has GTA V on the cover this would mean a big story with new information?

Yes.

Do we have to have a "no info in this GI" "V not on this month's GI cover" and "Will V be on next month's GI cover" thread every month?

Could those 3+ topics created on the exact same subject every month not be combined to one continuous topic?

The problem is that after they reveal something other than GTA V people spam the f*ck out of the thread.

@wwinterj: GI has always had the exclusive on GTA and Rockstar games since all the way back to Vice City. They dont do gimmicky analysis threads and they dont bait us in. Its a garantee that GI will have a cover ariticle on V and that it will be very revealing

ShnePmW.jpg?5

That would be nice.

But to the topic at hand, I'll believe it when I see it, in the past months since the trailer, people have gone off with their theories as to what points to GTAV being on the next GI cover, but it hasn't happened yet, it'd be nice if it was on next months cover but I'm not holding my breath for it.

baguvix_wanrltw

Well, since this has been bumped up again... don't they usually tell people about when they'll reveal their next cover around the 20th of the month? I don't feel like reading through all of the GI threads right now, maybe someone knows it offhand.

They always say patience is a virtue. smile.gif

"They" can kiss my ass. GTA V info is way overdue.

Well, since this has been bumped up again... don't they usually tell people about when they'll reveal their next cover around the 20th of the month? I don't feel like reading through all of the GI threads right now, maybe someone knows it offhand.

I didnt know they announced the reveal date of the cover. I thought we just always assumed it was the last Thursday of the previous month or the first Thursday of the current month

ShnePmW.jpg?5

baguvix_wanrltw

Hm, maybe I'm wrong - but I thought I remembered them tweeting (was it?!) "cover reveal on xx.yy".

They announce when they'll announce the next issue tounge.gif

Last thursday of this month would be the 26th by the way, first thursday of August is the 2nd. Ah, now at least now I know where the "0208" theory comes from.

In the last GI thread that was the great disappointment, BWpunisher predicted that the tweets do seem odd and point to GI knowing something, he was sure R* had been in contact with GI and BW also predicted that the chances of an August cover were slim and it would most likely be the September cover.

I think he's right

spacer.png

I never paid attention to what day it happens, maybe it's the last Thursday. Suffice it to say, towards the end of the month, they tweet something vague about the next cover. Then somewhere in the first week of the following month they reveal it. Then about a week later it starts showing up in subscribers' mailboxes.

Dilapidated

I'm still confident that V will be the cover when it's revealed on August 2nd. Those new screen's and new asset's that R* said were coming soon will be provided by GI. Afterwards we'll be waiting for a release date and sadly that won't come until trailer 2.

Edited by Dilapidation

baguvix_wanrltw

Well, my position is: there's only 42 (exluding today, as in Friday) days left until we can be 100% sure about whether it will come this year or not.

If we reach September 1 without a release date announcement then (October) 2012 is definitely off the cards.

We won't have to suffer much longer tounge.gif

Lock n' Stock

I wouldn't really be surprised at this point to see GTA V in GI. It would be cool to get some info inside.

ChillyPhilly

Game Informer are sticking to a policy of:

First rule of GTA V: do not talk about GTA V.
Edited by ChillyPhilly

Ispintechno

Got to be getting close. they won't comment on the issue anymore. They know something... lol

Got to be getting close. they won't comment on the issue anymore. They know something... lol

If I had a bunch of pre-pubescent children constantly badgering me about a GTA V cover and won't take "No" for an answer, I would give up talking to them too.

I think a mod should lock this thread until GI actually says something about their next cover.

Please.

I don't know why, but I've had this feeling that we won't get anything until that time in the future when Rockstar just puts the second trailer online with the release date.

And after that they'll give one exclusive gameplay-review to someone (GI) and then we get our hands on the game itself.

I know it's a gamble, but .. lack of info has made me to come up with this soothing excuse to wait patiently. smile.gif

Obviously I hope the next cover is GTAV, but by no means will I expect it. After the last 8 game informer covers, I have learned what the definition of insanity is. I will not allow it to happen again.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

I preffer waiting for July 31, and wait for a release date there.