Next GI cover

Dilapidated

Dilapidated

Last month when Andy McNamara replied to question's regarding whether or not GTA would be on the next cover many of us grew excitied by his responses. In-case some of you missed the topic last month there were two interesting responses "To all the will GTA V be the next cover of GI questions, we would like to put GTA V on our cover, but when I simply can't/won't say sorry." then he followed that by saying. "And yes, that was totally a comment to no comment. What can I say? I have secrets. Juicy ones that would blow your mind!" Of course the next issue was not what we all wanted and I'm sure some of you were quite disappointed. Luckily this month wasn't a total bust as an 8 month info drought had ended and Rockstar finally mentioned GTA as well as kindly giving us some new screenshots. Now to my question, given these recent events how hopeful are you in seeing GTA V on GI's next cover?

I predict that the September Issue will have GTA V info and new screens when revealed on August 2nd. My opinion is that when R* said on the newswire that we would be getting new assets and more screens soon they meant by way of GI. Sometime after the magazine releases R* will then also post the new screens and info on the newswire. GI has always got first dibs on any GTA exclusives and V will be no different. Anyways I could be wrong but I'm very hopeful and yes I do think next month is the month.

Edited by Dilapidation

I'm very hopeful GTA V is on their next cover, but I have a gut feeling it won't be, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

baguvix_wanrltw

50/50, just like last month.

A week ago I would have said 75/25, but after that Newswire post...

Dilapidated
If he doesn't talk about GTA V, it might be GTA V.

I do remember him saying he wanted to catch us off guard. Also if you remember all the previous month's before he came right out and blatantly denied GTA V being the cover. So I agree with you, the less he says the better our chances.

Dick Justice

With each passing month, a GI cover becomes more and more likely. At this point, even if the game is being released in March 2013, a cover-story would not be too early. Given Andy's reluctance to discuss it, combined with his second "juicy info" tweet, we can assume GameInformer editor's have already seen the game and are working tirelessly with Rockstar to put it on their cover. It seemed, at the time, very possible that it could have been on the August issue, it seems even more likely that it will be on the September issue. If it is not, we'll have even more chance when the October issue comes around. Do you see where I am going with this?

Rockstar have been known to follow strict 6 month marketing campaigns. Max Payne's first trailer came in September for a game that was to be released in March; it marked the start of the seemingly endless marketing storm that is still happening now. This is part of the reason why, last November, I figured GTA V would release May, 2012 (it seems a silly thought now but it made sense then). What I am trying to say though, is that if the game is released by March, as the fiscal reports suggest, then we should be getting solid news (second trailer/GI cover story) by September at the very latest.

I'd like to add that the stigma that Rockstar's GTA V silence created has now diminished due to those two screenshots. Suddenly any bit of news seems likely to land at any given time.

https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc/status/220271185513037824

Lol, it could be.

Huevo ‏@jocjac

@GI_AndyMc 1 month ago you said that you're trying to make a GTA V cover. Are you still trying it or you have given up?

Details

Andy McNamara

‏@GI_AndyMc

@jocjac this is a trick question. Let me put it this way, we will try to put GTA V on the cover between now and 2014! ‪#dodged‬

Lol, it could be.

Huevo ‏@jocjac

@GI_AndyMc 1 month ago you said that you're trying to make a GTA V cover. Are you still trying it or you have given up?

Details

Andy McNamara

‏@GI_AndyMc

@jocjac this is a trick question. Let me put it this way, we will try to put GTA V on the cover between now and 2014! ‪#dodged‬

He said exactly this one month ago. confused.gif

Lol, it could be.

Huevo ‏@jocjac

Details

Andy McNamara

‏@GI_AndyMc

I know...

Dilapidated

Lol, it could be.

Huevo ‏@jocjac

Details

Andy McNamara

‏@GI_AndyMc

That tweet was from July 3rd. He's not said much since then, he hasn't mentioned the new screen's either.

Edited by Dilapidation

almostrodney

Itl say " new screens inside" or something like that, get our hopes up, but itl just be the ones off newswire.

mooonlights
Itl say " new screens inside" or something like that, get our hopes up, but itl just be the ones off newswire.

They usually have "world exclusive info" which means...well they have some juicy info. I'm not sure, what has the info been like for past GTAs?

When was GTAIV on the cover as compared to when GTAIV's first trailer?

It was in late April 2007. About a month after the teaser came out

Dilapidated

They usually have "world exclusive info" which means...well they have some juicy info. I'm not sure, what has the info been like for past GTAs?

The cover looked like this. Issue is May, 2007. As far as info goes there were 10 pages of it. Wouldn't it be nice to get 10 pages worth of info on GTA V. smile.gif

Edited by Dilapidation

So since R* has finally spoken about GTAV? i think GI is ready & R* of course.

user posted image

mooonlights

The cover looked like this. Issue is May, 2007. As far as info goes there were 10 pages of it. Wouldn't it be nice to get 10 pages worth of info on GTA V. smile.gif

10 pages for GTA V, nah no way. Maybe 3 or 4 pages. They want to keep the surprises this time.

Edit: Unless of course 1/2 of it is just bullsh*t talk

Edited by mooonlights

So since R* has finally spoken about GTAV? i think GI is ready & R* of course.

Yep, an article about the two screenshots PLUS new rumours PLUS gtav.net has a new layout!!

Something around that.

3lIXKDi.png

I remember gettig that issue in the mail for San Andreas omg it was so badass.

If I can get a copy of gta v gi issue I'll be looking at the cover folds everyday.

user posted image

Dilapidated

While we're on the subject I might as well state what I predict will happen. I do think the September Issue will have GTA V info and new screens. My opinion is when Rockstar said on the newswire we would get new assets and more screens soon they meant by way of GI. Of course after the magazine releases the new screens and info they will then also be posted on the newswire. GI has always got first dibs on any GTA exclusives and my opinion is V will be no different. Anyways I could be wrong but I'm very hopeful and yes I do think next month is the month.

**Slightly edited to include reveal date and then re-posted to the beginning of the thread.**

Edited by Dilapidation

I'm pretty hopeful. Why? Because if I'm not mistaken IV screenshots were followed by a GI Cover 2 weeks later back in 07'. 2 weeks from now is when they'll reveal the cover for the next issue.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

They always announce their covers on a thursday... August 2 is on a thursday. On July 31 Take Two's confere is happening.

If @bud23 is right ( i mean, if we get a release date in this month for this year).

GI's next cover is Gta V.

MikeChase69

I think we will see a GI cover for V around the Fall to prep for an Q1 or early Q2 release.

Dilapidated

They always announce their covers on a thursday... August 2 is on a thursday. On July 31 Take Two's confere is happening.

If @bud23 is right ( i mean, if we get a release date in this month for this year).

GI's next cover is Gta V.

Yep, August 2nd will be one interesting day. Even if we don't get a release date in the magazine it may reveal the date of the next trailer. I say that because I kind of get the feeling we'll get the next trailer before we get the release date. Then maybe at the end of the trailer we'll finally know what day Rockstar wants our money. biggrin.gif

Edited by Dilapidation