less forced vehicle/chase missions

ikillionaire ii

ikillionaire ii

They need to remove the forced vehicle from the game such as in IV having to drive everywhere in Roman's taxi or in SA 'get in sweets car' if someone does a runner and then there's an arrow on a specific vehicle. It isn't I major issue I know but it does take away the extra bit of freedom, the only time its ok is when it's a bike chase for alleys or off land chase (boat, copter).

This bother anyone else the way it bothers me? :L

1whitebuddah

doesn't it add to the 'realism' as some people say.

ikillionaire ii

Realism is the most over used word on this forum tounge.gif

Blackous666

i can only agree..it was annoying for me to drive in those stupid cars...

Well it would be cool if they would make it like this:

If you enter the mission start checkpoint on foot, it will force you to enter in whatever car the games want (Roman's Taxi for example).

If you enter the mission start checkpoint while in a vehcile, it will do the same thing, but with your vehicle.

Well it would be cool if they would make it like this:

If you enter the mission start checkpoint on foot, it will force you to enter in whatever car the games want (Roman's Taxi for example).

If you enter the mission start checkpoint while in a vehcile, it will do the same thing, but with your vehicle.

lol it was annoying.. when I got the game on PC, I modded Romans Taxi to a Bmw M5. Was pretty cool! icon14.gif

I like missions that force you to drive a certain car or truck. Usually it is for a good reason and it makes the player better at driving non-performance cars.

However, I think that if a mission is going to force you to drive a particular vehicle it should save the vehicle you arrived in at the mission point.

theworldfamous

For me part of the charm is having to drive sh*tty cars.. escaping a 5 star wanted level in a comet is easy enough. Doing the same in one of them sh*tty prius look-a-likes..now that's different. If I would mod my game, it would be to add crappy old Toyota Starlett's and the like.. anything that's either boxy or rusty (or both) goes.

But you're right.. The 'get in Roman's car' stuff did get really tedious after a while and there's a ton of ways they could make that more interesting. The opening hours of GTA can be pretty tedious.

Keep the chase missions but make them less scripted than IV. It really bothered me when you would pump so many bullets into the car you were chasing and it would still be brand new. Also constantly being blocked by a huge truck loses it's sense of tension after 5th time you do it R*, make it more of a random occurrence if you need to artificially make the chases harder.

BashirTheTrainMaster

Most of the missions didn't force you. When we go rob the bank, Packie "Find us a four door vehicle." We have the choice to use the car across the street or get our own. I brought my own Firetruck over. If there isn't a car that spawns in the area on a normal basis, being "forced" is a good choice or whatever.

I like missions that force you to drive a certain car or truck. Usually it is for a good reason and it makes the player better at driving non-performance cars.

However, I think that if a mission is going to force you to drive a particular vehicle it should save the vehicle you arrived in at the mission point.

I hope garages come back along with safe houses and I also agree that the car you arrive in should either stay there or go in a garage.

I actually hate it, its stupid how you have to use the same car and also..you have to drive it too. It's fair annoying how you have to drive all the time, either the mission guy should drive or you should be able to take a taxi there or something.

Realism is the most over used word on this forum tounge.gif

no, that's f*ck - realism is 2nd smile.gif

34693_s.gif

ikillionaire ii
Keep the chase missions but make them less scripted than IV. It really bothered me when you would pump so many bullets into the car you were chasing and it would still be brand new. Also constantly being blocked by a huge truck loses it's sense of tension after 5th time you do it R*, make it more of a random occurrence if you need to artificially make the chases harder.

Yeah agree with that fully, recently started playing IV again and only just noticed this time round how annoying scripted chases actually are.

opposite for me

dislike "back ally" bike chases,and helicopter/plane/boat

if had to pick one,i'd take the car chases

but all of them are kind of sh*tty

maybe if like someone else said,they weren't so "scripted"..........like,how you CAN'T finish the mission until a certain point....like when you chase the two bikers in the subways in IV,i would have gotten both of them pretty quick,but it has to draaaaaaaaag the f*ck on,annoying

FlavouredMilk

I don't mind them, but it's true, I'd like to see you get in another car and they say something like 'Oh, we're riding with you? I see, I see.' or 'Damn, are you retarded, we won't all fit!'

Also, I hate the "emotional-attachment" some characters have to their vehicles, what I mean is, rolling a vehicle and getting out and they all start yelling 'Get back in the car!' No. You get out and get in this car that f*cking works.

That is all.

Scripted chases are horrible. If I'm good enough to get it done faster, then let me do it. Also made them very unrealistic, because of how the car your chasing would drive.