Some mods don't work even though I patched

kmccmk9

Hello, strangely when I edit some files like water.dat by removing or adding lines to it the game crashes. If I add cars to the game, the game doesn't recognize them. However, all script mods do work. I patched my game a long time ago so I don't remember which method but most patchers tell me my game is already patched. What could be the problem?

if it crashes then it's because you did something wrong . if i were you i would use a program to do such tweaks , same for vehicles installing

well, you have a lot of problems cuz the water lines aren't what you think they are, so it will be better if you dont edit water.dat as a text (use 3dsmax for such think to add water in any map coords(this is more serious issue)).

the reason why your cars aren't recognized by the game is because you didnt replaced them correctly.

if a car mod is comet.wft and comet.wtd (for example) you cant replace a truck of a bigger car than the comet (dont rename it, only if the car is as big as the comet car).

if you do, you need to copy the handling lines of the comet in the car you replace line in handling.dat to change the way you drive that vehicle.

if you dont have car mod fails because of this just tell it. icon14.gif

well, you have a lot of problems cuz the water lines aren't what you think they are, so it will be better if you dont edit water.dat as a text (use 3dsmax for such think to add water in any map coords(this is more serious issue)).

the reason why your cars aren't recognized by the game is because you didnt replaced them correctly.

if a car mod is comet.wft and comet.wtd (for example) you cant replace a truck of a bigger car than the comet (dont rename it, only if the car is as big as the comet car).

if you do, you need to copy the handling lines of the comet in the car you replace line in handling.dat to change the way you drive that vehicle.

if you dont have car mod fails because of this just tell it. icon14.gif

I honestly don't see how I did anything wrong, I added not replaced a camaro. I can tell you the steps. Also, what programs can open and edit .dat files? I have a train track modeler and I have zmodeler. I do not have 3ds max