2 vehicle questions

mkthetimelord

mkthetimelord

Hey guys,

Q1. How can I say blow up a car say after a time limit/objective? I think I can do it to an existing car without replacing it (for example in the SAPD diaries mission you have to jump out of heli before it explodes)

Q2. If I tune a vehicle and save it will it save tuning?

General Scrotum

For your first question: I believe the only way to do this is to put the object "explosion" on the route the vehicle will take.

For your second question: I think car tunning is disabled. If it is enabled, then I don't know. You could try it yourself.

mkthetimelord

Thanks. For the vehicle explode thing, I am aware of the explosion possibility but in a mission in Chimpsos SAPD Chronicles there is a timer in the corner for I think 5 seconds, you are in the helicopter in the air, and must jump out before it explodes. It's not the explosion object because there is no route, for that part you just fly the heli anywhere I believe.

Darkseller63

I made an investigation on the second question. And yeah, the tuning garages just don't open, that's all.

mkthetimelord

Thank you man. Anyone know about the first thing, to explode/set on fire a car without despawn/respawn?

General Scrotum

Then, the only thing I can think of is that he set the helicopter to hide after the five seconds timeout (which causes the player to die and makes the Mission Failed message appear.) It's a kind of way to simulate an explosion.

If you mean that it really did explode, then I don't know.

mkthetimelord
Then, the only thing I can think of is that he set the helicopter to hide after the five seconds timeout (which causes the player to die and makes the Mission Failed message appear.) It's a kind of way to simulate an explosion.

If you mean that it really did explode, then I don't know.

Ah ok. Yes it really did actually explode. You can see it in this video at around 1:23 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewUW-B9MQoI&feature=plcp

General Scrotum

I was right: it is a Timeout objective (duration of five seconds) followed by Explosion object(s).

As we can see, the helicopter is in the water and there is an explosion in the sky.

mkthetimelord
I was right: it is a Timeout objective (duration of five seconds) followed by Explosion object(s).

As we can see, the helicopter is in the water and there is an explosion in the sky.

Oh yeah, I see it now the heli in the water sorry about that and thanks wink.gif