GTA V might not be error free

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Read this from page 17 of the Take Two Interactive Fiscal Report, May 2012

'Our software is susceptible to errors, which can harm our financial results and reputation'

"The technological advancements of new hardware platforms result in the development of more complex software products. As software products become more complex, the risk of undetected errors in new products increases. We may need to produce and distribute patches in order to repair such errors, which could be costly and may distract our developers from working on new products. If, despite testing, errors are found in new products or releases after shipments have been made, we could experience a loss of revenue, increase in costs relating to the repair of such errors and damage to our reputation."

So what does this all mean? It means Take Two are very concerned that their products should be error free and they are worried that with new advances in technology does come new problems to deal with.

89.7% of their revenue comprises games sales for Xbox 360, Ps3 and Nintendo Wii.

For GTA V to be on next gen consoles could be a problem, therefore GTA V will obviously be on current gen, that's a given. Still, Take Two are concerned with encountering errors.

Maybe GTA V has got problems and this is the reason for the lack of information?

What is the guarantee that GTA V will be error free? Take Two are concerned. Maybe we should be too.

Nah Tso Gud
Read this from page 17 of the Take Two Interactive Fiscal Report, May 2012

'Our software is susceptible to errors, which can harm our financial results and reputation'

"The technological advancements of new hardware platforms result in the development of more complex software products. As software products become more complex, the risk of undetected errors in new products increases. We may need to produce and distribute patches in order to repair such errors, which could be costly and may distract our developers from working on new products. If, despite testing, errors are found in new products or releases after shipments have been made, we could experience a loss of revenue, increase in costs relating to the repair of such errors and damage to our reputation."

So what does this all mean? It means Take Two are very concerned that their products should be error free and they are worried that with new advances in technology does come new problems to deal with.

89.7% of their revenue comprises games sales for Xbox 360, Ps3 and Nintendo Wii.

For GTA V to be on next gen consoles could be a problem, therefore GTA V will obviously be on current gen, that's a given. Still, Take Two are concerned with encountering errors.

Maybe GTA V has got problems and this is the reason for the lack of information?

What is the guarantee that GTA V will be error free? Take Two are concerned. Maybe we should be too.

I imagine all companies that revolve around gaming have these same concerns.

if an error free game was made then there would be a black hole just opening up above us to suck in all reality starting with our planet.

then nothing, just black.

then in white writing coming forward towards where the black hole started reading "level 2"

34693_s.gif

No game is error-free or glitch free, even though some might have very little. But I think GTA V is gonna have very less bugs and errors. smile.gif

this. its impossible to create a game without errors and bugs and glitches. the only thing that matters is the amount of bugs and glitches at launch.

Believe you me, corporations like this are extra careful to disclose the nature of what they do for people who may not be as familiar with their business, the industry and the technical side of things.

What you are implying that Take-Two is somehow worried is not correct, they are merely stating a fact and have their bases covered in the event of products going wrong, which would require patch releases. Worst case scenario the game doesn't even work when it comes out. This of course won't happen, but the part you quoted makes sure they have the legal backing covered. Something like this somewhat happened before with Bully which didn't work on older consoles, which I believe was rectified through a patch.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

San Andreas was riddled with bugs and glitches yet was one of their greatest titles

No game is error-free or glitch free, even though some might have very little. But I think GTA V is gonna have very less bugs and errors. smile.gif

After GTA 2, every game had an annoying bug.

GTA 3 - 2-3 (Most annoying: Bad light textures)

GTA VC - 4-5 (Most annoying: Polygon texture bug)

GTA SA - 10-12 (Most annoying: Uncensored versions and frequent crashes after multiple opening and closing the Pause menu)

GTA 4 - 12-15 (Most annoying: The game itself)

GTA 5 - 15+ (Most annoying maybe the PC Portal)

San Andreas was riddled with bugs and glitches yet was one of their greatest titles

I don't remember any really that impeded game play. Although, the other day, I picked up the game on PC again and in one of the little towns your character would just loose all of its health and die when you climbed up on a certain roof. Thought that was really odd... couldn't find this bug documented on the internet.

Yeah, i'm confident that's what everyone in the studios is working on now, finding the bugs.

Johnny Playert
Imagine if the swingset-glitch is in V.. Best glitch ever.

lol makes you wonder... what if they've purposely put that in GTA IV... hehe thank you R*

I don't remember any really that impeded game play. Although, the other day, I picked up the game on PC again and in one of the little towns your character would just loose all of its health and die when you climbed up on a certain roof. Thought that was really odd... couldn't find this bug documented on the internet.

This happens on powerful computers with a very high frame rate. If you put the frame rate limiter on these bugs will stop.

I wouldn't consider this a serious bug because not only is frame limiter on by default but hardly any computers in 2005 would experience this.

9H7Sj34.jpg

lol makes you wonder... what if they've purposely put that in GTA IV... hehe thank you R*

Wait wut? They did it on purpose? :-)

Why is there even a thread about THIS???? All games have errors, all games are patched after release. STOP MAKING STUPID THREADS.

Swing glitch? Did they know about it? Who knows, but I bet they left it there for sh*ts and giggles biggrin.gif made for awesome multiplayer.

If i can remember at least...The game is making incredible prograss and Take 2 interactive has stated it as well, R* to which was talked in Asked & Answered: Max Payne 3 and Grand Theft Auto V so i think this game is ready to go.

user posted image

I think the worry with GTA V's errors is that they are pretty major and maybe even gamebreaking, and much more so than in past GTAs. This is quite expectable from an unprecedented supercolossal giganormous sandbox, right?

Ex Hellraiser

It is very likely that it was at first, an accident. A glitch with the swingset and other surrounding objects. When it was found, they realized out wouldn't cause any other problems, and would add gameplay time (money in their pockets) and ultimately left it in. A simple copy of the swingset into the game would be easy, and is likely to happen biggrin.gif

What game is error free.

Common sense would tell you R* is going to make sure the game is enjoyable and if it has flaws near it's scheduled release date they'll just delay it. Stupid thread.

user posted image

Glitches are great, the swing set glitch was a ton of fun in GTA IV. GTA V will have glitches, it's impossible not to have glitches. Compare GTA IV to any saints row, Saints Row had way too many annoying glitches like just getting stuck in the road while driving and having to dashboard while GTA IV has none of that!

Rockstar already told us why there are no info.

As we have said before, we have often had long gaps between asset releases on previous games and will continue to do so in the future. We are sorry if you find this frustrating, but please understand, we don’t do this because we ‘don’t care about our fans' 'don’t respect our fans’ 'hate GTA fans etc' – precisely the opposite! We do it because we want to make sure we only release 100% correct information, and because we want to keep plenty back for the actual game release so there are still lots of surprises when you play it. The only things we care about are that you enjoy the experience of actually playing the game and that we release accurate information. We just have not been in a position to show more of the game than the trailer and will not be for a while yet. We did, however, manage to sneak a quick screenshot out for you…

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

There was also the 'crate of death' in IV where there was a 'rumbling' container and if you nudged it with a car, you spawned thousands of feet above the city, falling to eventually seal your doom

Rockstar has learned about a lot of the glitches and bugs from GTA 4, and with the same engine, most of those can be fixed before they ever occur. So GTA 5 should be much less buggy to begin with.

Sounds like they are being realistic about the business of making games. This is not them being worried about it being a big problem.

This is a pointless thread, only aimed at getting people worried over nothing.

Shreddy Krueger

@OP, It's just some formal business speak in order to cover their ass. Of course games are going to have bugs and glitches, it's just a typical disclaimer that I'm sure every developer/publisher has to put in their financial statements. It definitely does not relate specifically to GTAV, but any game that R* develops.

To me that looks like a pretty standard "get out of jail free" -card in case the game has some major bugs on any platform. A company has to inform investors of the possibility of such problems just in case something goes wrong. If such problems occur and the company loses revenues and warning such as this was not given early on, investors will sue the company for promising more revenues than actually delivered.

max payne free was released to find bugs in gta 5 as it is imo gta5 with a different map and cars

PLEASE EVERYONE THE SIMPLE TRUTH THAT WE ALL MUST BELIEVE IS THAT NO GAME IS ERROR FREE/ BUG FREE SOME MIGHT HAVE VERY LITTLE OTHERS MIGHT HAVE A LOT. THE GAME PRODUCERS ARE HUMANS AND HUMANS DO MISTAKES UNLESS THAT HAVE SUPER POWERS WHICH IMO ROCKSTAR AIN'T. SOME GLITCHES ARE FUN WHILE SOME AREN'T BUT GLITCHES EXIST IN EVERY SINGLE GAME IN THE WORLD.