Battlefield 4

Sgt. Foley

user posted image

Battlefield 4 will have a beta in the Fall of 2013.

BF4 will be released on either current gen consoles or next gen, but will always be released on PC.

Once again, a Medal of Honor title will have something to do with Battlefield. This time around, those that pre-order Medal of Honor Warfighter will get the Limited Edition version that contains access to the Battlefield 4 Beta. Of course, this now publicly admits that Battlefield 4 is coming for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC in the late fall or holiday season of 2013, if you will.

The news that Battlefield 4 is coming next year isn’t necessarily news that many fans were looking to hear. Rumors of DICE and EA holding Battlefield 4 for release on Xbox Next/720 and PS4 were rumored to be the course that DICE and EA had planned to chart; after all, the company had just launched Battlefield Premium, which takes the Battlefield 3 experience into 2013. Rumors of a release of a Battlefield 2143 were also hinted at, but we are not sure where that road is leading at the moment.

As for Medal of Honor Warfighter, EA developer Danger Close has gone it solo this time around. While they are using the Frostbite 2 engine, DICE is apparently in an advisory support role and is doing none of the actual development this time around. The game looked good at E3 and perhaps even much better than many had expected; still, it is being released in a window that is seeing a number of shooters being released, so it will have to do exceptionally well to gain the attention of gamers.

Medal of Honor Warfighter is available for pre-order now, and has a release date of October 32rd in North America and October 26th in Europe. The game is being released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Battlefield 3 developer DICE has announced that some future projects made using the developer's game engine, Frostbite 2, will require PC gamers to have a 64-bit operating system.

A 64-bit operating system more effectively utilizes computers that feature a 64-bit processor, handling more data and using RAM more efficiently. Many modern computers, certainly those designed with gaming in mind, already have a 64-bit processor, but the requirement will force many Windows users to upgrade their operating system: There are both 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7, so players may need to buy a new OS even if they're using a newer system.

"We'll have Frostbite-powered games in 2013 that will _require_ a 64-bit OS," tweeted DICE animator Johan Andersson. "If you are on 32-bit, great opportunity to upgrade to Windows 8."

Edited by Sgt. Foley

You Win.

I'm done.

f*ck ea id rather give my $ to activi$ion. and this is coming from some1 who hates COD fanbase but recently EA has became worst than activision.

One post in and someone has already mentioned CoD.

Can we assume that Battlefield 4 will be on the next consoles?

That could be true, maybe it could run on Frostbite 3 , if necessary..

I actually want it to be on next consoles, but why is there a beta on 360/PS3/ and or PC?

You Win.

I'm done.

Exclusive? Aye, for two f*cking days again. Bastards.

Lol, no, I say it will last over a 1-2 month period tops.

You Win.

I'm done.

What the f*ck? Here's hoping for a 2015 release date at the very least, otherwise it will be released far too soon.

I can't see how they could possibly develop a different game to BF3 on current consoles, unless they go futuristic or some sh*t.

I hoped for a Bad Company 3 before BF4, but oh well. BF4 will clearly come out at the end of next year (a few months after the last BF3 add-on).

If they bring out a new bf every 1-2 years, the game'll be ruinend. Now I'm happy to see that R* didn't bring up new info, atleast they don't do stupid sh*t as EA/DICE.

IF this series is gonna go in the route of CoD, wow...

I'm just thinking of the BF2 days when no one would even imagine Dice pulling sh*t like this. These guys were f*cking loved in the gaming community then.

FIOszpJ.gif

Erm ok, do you guys even realise that BF3 was released last year in October and that we're still getting alot of sh*t/DLC until MARCH 2013?

And that most likely this BETA of BF3 will be for something end 2013 and the game itself end 2013 or even begin 2014 aswell? That's a decent timespan so please, quit your bullsh*t.

UtricularEwe001

There goes my second favorite game series cryani.gif

This will be nothing more than a BF3 add-on.....and i really hope EA will soon go bust

It can't be... please not...Give it some time EA and your f*cking ruining it! sad.gif its only been 1 year since the release of Battlefield 3 they need to focus on the DLC first i recommend that to DICE.

user posted image

Seriously you guys either never play BF3... don't follow the news around it or just need something to bitch about always. This ain't even near as "f*cked up" as what they did to the CoD franchise. Every platform the game appeared on and appears on gets treated with respect...

Yes Premium is alot of money... but you get a decent service for it (and decent new content). Especially if you're an avid BF3 player AND want to save out some cash. If you don't? Well, don't get the service and be prepared to pay more for the same content.

Plus think about the timescales... "DLC" (here: packs with new maps, weapons AND/OR Vehicles. For COD nothing but glorified map packs with nothing but new maps that are mostly recycled from other installments and/or from the singleplayer campaign... note that every games uses the same damn engine so it's nothing but cheap porting). The timescales are also way different. A COD game each year and now with elite "map packs" each month. Shows how much "effort" goes into these "map packs". How long does it take for Dice to bring out new Expansions? Plus we all know they've been working on them from the beginning? (and duh they do that... post release support and it's a f*cking company for Sagan's sake).

Edited by fullmetal

UtricularEwe001

@above

In old days you pay £38 and get the full game but now you pay £80 to get a full game and don't you think EA is going on the same way as Activision, even they copying everything activision does (announcing premium service, showing trailer on Euro 2012).

And "for COD comes out every year", no it's not. Treyarch make the game one year and Infinity ward makes the game next year, Same as BF and MOH which releases on year after the other.

IMO, BF or MOH will never take over COD, eventhough they are using same engine they are at least innovating something. I bet the next BF will takes place in future where robots rule just like BlOPs2

This is coming from a COD hater and a hardcore BF fanboy

P.S sorry for my english smile.gif

Seriously you guys either never play BF3... don't follow the news around it or just need something to bitch about always. This ain't even near as "f*cked up" as what they did to the CoD franchi3e. Every platform the game appeared on and appears on gets treated with respect...

Yes Premium is alot of money... but you get a decent service for it (and decent new content). Especially if you're an avid BF3 player AND want to save out some cash. If you don't? Well, don't get the service and be prepared to pay more for the same content.

Plus think about the timescales... "DLC" (here: packs with new maps, weapons AND/OR Vehicles. For COD nothing but glorified map packs with nothing but new maps that are mostly recycled from other installments and/or from the singleplayer campaign... note that every games uses the same damn engine so it's nothing but cheap porting). The timescales are also way different. A COD game each year and now with elite "map packs" each month. Shows how much "effort" goes into these "map packs". How long does it take for Dice to bring out new Expansions? Plus we all know they've beenkworking on them from the beginning? (and duh they do that... post release support and it's a f*cking company for Sagan's sake).

from the news i read recently, EA has been nothing but bitches from not doing sales on Origin, lying about BF3 being made fully on PC, sh*tty ass patches with half of the OP guns BS not fixed, saying that they

want to implement this premium sh*t to EVERY GAME and what makes you think the vehicles and maps arn't recycled? isnt that back to karkand DLC recycled? closed quarters also took maps from single player

missions. i would'nt be surprised if all the new DLCs are nothing but maps extracted from single player and guns just ported over from other battlefield games. i owned battlefield 3 but got sick and tired of EA

just lying and milking every single game until it disgusted me to even see a EA game on my computer. EA is also doing battlefield games each year and its called MOH. i feel betrayed by EA because of how

they gave playstation those DLCs first. its feels like your best friend who agrees to everything you do just suddenly stabs you in the back

Edited by kudoboi

Exclusive? Aye, for two f*cking days again. Bastards.

Lol, no, I say it will last over a 1-2 month period tops.

That's seriously optimistic considering the sh*t they pulled last time.

scMmGsh.jpg

Oh a new Battlefield? Meh, I'll wait til they announce Bad Company 3, you know, a game that had a good story.

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

Way to jump to conclusions guys.

How about we take a wait and see approach to see if this is going to be released like a cod game. Maybe they still have a long development time?

Who knows? So stop making massive accusations based on practically nothing.

el1e0jer0qpyjd2fg.jpg

Well apparently it's not confirmed at all: https://twitter.com/battlefield/status/224150946022817792

I bet they leaked it themselves and pretended it wasn't them to see the reactions of everyone else, if they liked it, they'd announce it officially, if not they would say it's fake.

Anyway I lost all hope in EA/DICE now.

Shame, because I used to love DICE.

Guess the only two companies left that I like, and don't milk their fans is UFG...

MNR was only f*cked up DLC wise because of Sony trying to milk it...

G The Generous

Oh a new Battlefield? Meh, I'll wait til they announce Bad Company 3, you know, a game that had a good story.

BF is about great multiplayer experience, not single. while BF3 SP maybe boring to some people, I think it's very realistic and I like it (except the AI is bad as f*ck)

but that's the problem, you play BF mostly for multiplayer, you trained hard to get your character to high level, unlock weapons and stuff,... and when you about to get what you want, another game is about to be released and you probably think all you did is a waste of time.

"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Thanks for noticing—we're going to fix it up and have things back to normal soon."

looks like they deleted that tweet and a bunch of others about battlefield 4. something is fishy

BF is about great multiplayer experience, not single. while BF3 SP maybe boring to some people, I think it's very realistic and I like it (except the AI is bad as f*ck)

but that's the problem, you play BF mostly for multiplayer, you trained hard to get your character to high level, unlock weapons and stuff,... and when you about to get what you want, another game is about to be released and you probably think all you did is a waste of time.

But you can have a game with good multiplayer and single player. Bad Company 2 was great off and online. If a dev isn't going to care about single player, why the f*ck do you add it in the first place? Call of Duty doesn't have the greatest stories, but at least the single player is fun!

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

Ex Hellraiser

That could be true, maybe it could run on Frostbite 3 , if necessary..

I actually want it to be on next consoles, but why is there a beta on 360/PS3/ and or PC?

It probably would still run on Frostbite 2(.1?) because 2 was originally designed for next-gen systems.

I honestly think they announced this too early, because they can't do too much to BF3, and 4 will be too much of the same, and won't be very innovative...

friendly luggage

Well it's sad to say but I'm expecting the worse. The beta map will likely have no vehicles (especially helicopters) as EA will want to attract as many CoD players as possible. Piloting an aircraft in Battlefield is too advanced for someone with a name such as "Xx iTz 5n1PEz xX" so they'll dumb it down for the lil' ones. The "completed" product will probably be packed full of disc locked content knowing EA.

user posted image