Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,170 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ryan

GTA V Screenshots - Q & A

Delanto
Aw yeah, finally, somebody started looking closer into screenshots. But one thing i don't get. Why the hell would a jogger somewhere in suburbs be topless?

It looks like a male

i am a girl on the internet
Aw yeah, finally, somebody started looking closer into screenshots. But one thing i don't get. Why the hell would a jogger somewhere in suburbs be topless?

That's pretty common where I live (Florida). Male joggers being topless is nothing special.

Rodeo_GTAV
This is a very minor detail, but it looks like there is a runner in the second screenshot. Notice the green shorts and the outstretched arm. He doesn't have a shirt on, which makes me believe he's jogging.

user posted image

i think its CJ who has outruned thoes cops in the trailer. r

RUN RUNNER RUN

Azazel
My reaction:

"Meh"

Looks like an upgraded GTA 4, but I'd be quite happy if the game is good, regardless of the graphics.

It IS an upgraded IV. It's running on the same engine, much like we were used to in the GTA3 era. The old engine was tweaked and polished with each new release, though, and lots had happened when San Andreas hit the streets. IV looked fantastic, AA or not, it doesn't matter, it had quality graphics through and through, and V will take that and expand it further, probably with a good mix of pure graphical improvements - still limited by the same console hardware that drove IV, of course - AND give us an even larger, more immersive city than we've ever witnessed before, judging by the screenshots.

I simply cannot wait. inlove.gif

ayyob

just saw the Q & A .. and just as i thought .. GTA IV was a test for them .. and GTA V is goin to be a big hit and i can assume that it will be big with a huge amount of activity and cool things ,,

yeah ok R* we'll wait smile.gif ..

drive885
It looks like a male

So what? I believe that topless guys are seen by the beach MUCH more oftenly than in suburban parks IMO. I live in a pretty hot country and don't see guys jogging topless in parks/alleyways.

GTA36362355

That's pretty common where I live (Florida). Male joggers being topless is nothing special.

It can get special when.....

Nah, OT Joggers were in the first trailer, not the topless ones though. The gym had some.

I'm waiting to get unleashed on the park. Pushing some in the pool. Burning the trees up. rampage_ani.gif

cp1dell
It looks like a male

So what? I believe that topless guys are seen by the beach MUCH more oftenly than in suburban parks IMO. I live in a pretty hot country and don't see guys jogging topless in parks/alleyways.

You may not see it, but here in America it's pretty common in vacation spots like LA. There were shirtless joggers in San Andreas, so there is no "mystery" here.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I guess people have already forgotten about the shirtless jogger at the beginning of the first trailer.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

My reaction:

"Meh"

Looks like an upgraded GTA 4, but I'd be quite happy if the game is good, regardless of the graphics.

It IS an upgraded IV. It's running on the same engine, much like we were used to in the GTA3 era. The old engine was tweaked and polished with each new release, though, and lots had happened when San Andreas hit the streets. IV looked fantastic, AA or not, it doesn't matter, it had quality graphics through and through, and V will take that and expand it further, probably with a good mix of pure graphical improvements - still limited by the same console hardware that drove IV, of course - AND give us an even larger, more immersive city than we've ever witnessed before, judging by the screenshots.

IV looked amazing at night, but day-time wasn't anything special. The pond screenshot gives me hope that the daytime will look much better. Speaking of day time, they need to fix the jaggies on the shadows, they were horribly ugly.

I mean, WOW. Look at the difference.

user posted image

Edited by whatsstrength

CheesyJ

Got to say that I think the graphics really do look brilliant for this game. Seriously, looking at those screenshots they look superb.

That view of the map from the helicopter shot in the sky is very impressive too.

cp1dell

My reaction:

"Meh"

IV looked amazing at night, but day-time wasn't anything special. The pond screenshot gives me hope that the daytime will look much better. Speaking of day time, they need to fix the jaggies on the shadows, they were horribly ugly.

http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/gu...-middlepark.jpg

The shadows are already better. You can see this in the screenshots and trailer.

Darth Yokel

The city looks huge judging from that helicopter screenshot.

Magnet_man16
Has anyone noticed the lack of vehicles in both screenshots?

Darth Yokel

The game may not even be in beta stage.

CheesyJ
My reaction:

"Meh"

user posted image

IV in the daytime may look poor there compared to V, but it's easy to forget that this is several years on now. When GTA IV originally came out the new graphics were top notch and revolutionary.

jdowning

Do people not think that the camera/spotlight on the helicopter looks like something that's just been copied and pasted on? It looks horrible.

Sorry for such the large image - but you can't really see it in the scaled down image.

user posted image

cp1dell

Go play GTA IV, fly that high and tell me how many vehicles you see on the ground.

The second picture, I'm not surprised. It's a park.

Delanto
Do people not think that the camera/spotlight on the helicopter looks like something that's just been copied and pasted on? It looks horrible.

Looks fine to me, that's what spotlights look like on police choppers

CheesyJ

You can see a lot of light dots on the ground, so I'm assuming that those are the vehicles. You can never really see them at all from the sky in GTA IV anyway so it doesn't really matter all that much to be honest.

Zulu2065
what the f*ck? get rid of your sig you disgusting attention seeking loser. go and try some vagina too.

You're a prick. Have you tried not being an asshole for once? biggrin.gif

Zulu2065
what the f*ck? get rid of your sig you disgusting attention seeking loser. go and try some vagina too.

I've tried vaginas... who do you think you are? It's a forum. I posted something, get over it.

if you call yourself a fa**ot you shouldn't think there's anything wrong with other people insulting you. I always knew homosexuals are really dumb.

also, you've essentially failed at life because one of the main aims of life is to reproduce and you'll never do that.

Have you tried not being a douchebag? People will like you better if you do.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif people on the internet don't like me!!! what will I do???

Really? Go jump off a building.

Wercury

I liked the graphics! Why is everyone bitching about it?

Afusensi

Go play GTA IV, fly that high and tell me how many vehicles you see on the ground.

If you look at the screenshot that i made, quite alot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pvadhemnx5s787/gta%20v.png

Its maxed out every thing set to the highest option. (resolution 5976x1080)

Spider-Vice

Quite a lot because those are sprites, not real vehicle models like the GTA V screen shows.

CheesyJ

I really don't know why they're complaining. The graphics look top notch to me. Some people always feel the need to complain about something though.

grope_4_that_date

You know, the screens are not that bad. I keep looking at them over and over and I do notice a difference. Mostly in color. As far as the photos go, they're not official. The next screens will be a lot more impressive. biggrin.gif

cp1dell

If you look at the screenshot that i made, quite alot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pvadhemnx5s787/gta%20v.png

Its maxed out every thing set to the highest option. (resolution 5976x1080)

Exactly. You don't have these options on a console. Rockstar will optimize it the best they can for the consoles and make it look as good as it can. There is nothing to worry about, there will be more vehicles on the ground. No point in having to render tons of vehicles when you're high in the sky. That's just pointless.

i am a girl on the internet

Dude, what is it with PC fanboys on this website? Holy shi­t, it's like they're insecure as fu­ck.

r0eladn

I really don't know why they're complaining. The graphics look top notch to me. Some people always feel the need to complain about something though.

Maybe a few reasons why i thought the graphics sucked.

1. I am 25, and i see it like this: If the graphics of games advance in the speed they do, ill probably die in a moment in time where the graphics wont be very much improved from now.

I can imagine that if you are 12, you feel as if there is time enough for graphics to improve later in your life, so you dont value it as much as other people do.

(btw i am not saying that you guys are all 12, just stating, well, what i said above.)

2. In the lake/pool picture, there is a phone line, which doesnt look like a line, but like a bunch of pixels.

3. The palm trees in the lake/pool picture look not as good in the trailer (but that is my vision, maybe you guys think not)

4. i am critical and this is the only game i am looking forward to, so i want it to be as perfect as possible.

5. i am a perfectionist by nature, so in a lot of areas i expect a lot from myself but also from other people.

Having said that, i dont dislike the graphics, i think gameplay is much more important than graphics.

And looking back on this post, the biggest reason for me saying the graphics suck, is because i really think the graphics in the trailer look a lot better than the screens. Some people must feel the same, no?