IF GTA5 was glitchy

JugularXJ220

JugularXJ220

If you ask me gamers are ridiculously forgiving of Bathesda for their glitchy games. Sometimes I'd go and make myself a cup of tea while fallout 3 was frozen midway through shooting something and get back 5 mins later just in time for it to unfreeze. Not to mention random NPC's flying through the air and exploding ... or turning inside-out. But I still played it to the end. I don't need to mention Skyrims glitches.

GTA games must be incredibly complex but hardly ever seem to suffer big glitches, freezes or crashes. (or am I just lucky?)

Would you accept GTA5 if they made an awesome game (like Skyrim undoubtedly is) but glitched and crashed like Skyrim or Fallout 3?

I can't see it happening ... but what if?

Yes if they are honest about this being their biggest most ambitious game to date. However if it only slightly bigger than gtaIV then no since it would just add insult to injury with how long they've taken to release the game. Funny enough I hope there are at least a few glitches like the swingset because they sometimes add to the fun.

I wasn't so forgiving. I was pissed as f*ck when Skyrim became unplayable because of the size of my save file.

user posted image

Never

U Mirin' Brah?

Make sure to PM me if you're aware.

"The problem with the world is that the stupid people like pictures of famous people saying sh*t they never said and put it all over the goddam internet." - Albert Einstein

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

GTAknowledge
If it is at all I'm sure they'll just fix it through patching.

Why can't they just fix it before releasing?

JugularXJ220

and why did it take Bathesda so long to sort out their bugs?

They never sorted Fallout 3 out, so it can't be all that easy to fix things.

It's good that R* didn't fix the swingset.

Nah Tso Gud

and why did it take Bathesda so long to sort out their bugs?

They never sorted Fallout 3 out, so it can't be all that easy to fix things.

It's good that R* didn't fix the swingset.

Probably because the testers can only find so many issues in a timely fashion... Yeah it would be ideal to nail all the glitches before hand, but at least they are able to fix something now if they did happen to miss it.

Of course they wouldn't change the swingset glitch tounge.gif people love that one...

Death2Drugs

I know I don't have to answer this question because Rockstar isn't the type of company that rehashes every year or rushes.

ShotGunRain

Yes, i would forgive them. They are a gaming company just like other gaming companies nothing special about them.

user posted image

Never

Then you must hate GTA IV, San Andreas and other GTAs.. right? They were also kinda glitchy. It won't change much with V. But let's hope for not having some big glitches.

I honestly don't care if there were some minor glitches but if the game was completely unplayable then yeah, I'd be pretty pissed.

Not really, well it depends.

GTA 4 could be glitchy, but to be honest all of the glitches were f*ckin' funny.

Now if GTA V is glitchy and there is nothing really funny about the glitches, I will be quite mad. If the glitches are bad, I won't forgive R*, all these months of excitement for sh*t, no way.

user posted image

They are a gaming company just like other gaming companies nothing special about them. user posted image

I agree icon14.gif Never encountered any glitches or bugs in any GTA game (except GTA 4 which were soon patched up).

GTA 5 won't be glitchy or buggy given the long time went in making it.

If you ask me gamers are ridiculously forgiving of Bathesda for their glitchy games. Sometimes I'd go and make myself a cup of tea while fallout 3 was frozen midway through shooting something and get back 5 mins later just in time for it to unfreeze. Not to mention random NPC's flying through the air and exploding ... or turning inside-out. But I still played it to the end. I don't need to mention Skyrims glitches.

GTA games must be incredibly complex but hardly ever seem to suffer big glitches, freezes or crashes. (or am I just lucky?)

Would you accept GTA5 if they made an awesome game (like Skyrim undoubtedly is) but glitched and crashed like Skyrim or Fallout 3?

I can't see it happening ... but what if?

with an open world rpg like fallout or skyrim freezes and glitches are inevitable. Comparing that to a game like GTA is like comparing apples and rhinos. GTA follows a story and you must do this and that to complete it and there is a little room for deviation in the method and the occassional choice. Whereas fallout you can basicly do anything in the story kill any npc (except a few but on NV you can kill any) follow any path and basicly make choices at every turn that results in your game, your particular save file being unique.

For instance in GTA IV main choices taken

- Ivan dies (no stranger mission)

- killed francis

- revenge (kate dies)

- killed playboy (dwayne as friend)

- killed darko (no consequences either way)

- clarence killed - no stranger mission

- adam dimayev killed - no consequence either way

now if you were to ask every GTA IV player this, many would have the same choices made, so basicly their game would be the same, their liberty city landscape. Not that it really matters, like it would in an rpg like fallout or skyrim. I count 7 choices, those are the ones i remember, 2 options each. so the number of possible combinations is 2 to the power 7 thats 128 possibilities.

Fallout and skyrim on the other hand, have thousands maybe millions of possible conbinations, many of which account for choices not part of the quest, jsut the option to go "f*ck this quest" and shotgun rain the bastard giving it, or the option to do. screw this settlement, and go on a killing spree killing all npcs there. All these possibilities and eventualities account for this, plus the extra characters, not millions of nameless peds but many many named npcs with a purpose and some nameless settlers - many different enemies and weapons, more unique weapons than there are weapons in gta, and interiors. all this can account for the lag and freezes you get on rpgs. get an open world rpg - expect lag and glitches, for GTA - no i would be annoyed at them for that. only unless their 'brave new direction' is making GTA V an rpg-like game, personally speaking I would be intreagued if this was the case.

34693_s.gif

Dr. Zoidberg

NO, They had more than enough time to get their sh*t together and make something, especially because they've already developed the RAGE system and it should be perfected by now.

Nah Tso Gud
NO, They had more than enough time to get their sh*t together and make something, especially because they've already developed the RAGE system and it should be perfected by now.

Eh, you can't know that.. furthermore because you don't really know anything about the game yet.

dooshtoomun

I would. Not only because I expect R* to make really polished games, but also after all this annoying waiting with no updates for such a long time, it'd be a let down knowing that all that waiting was for a buggy game. Of course I wouldn't mind 'Easter eggs' like blue hell, but things like crap AI might bug me.

Skyrim and Fallout are a lot more diverse than GTA so the big bugs are somewhat expected. Sure GTA V will have bugs just as any other sandbox game however I don't expect GTA V to have a lot of them.

If it turns out the game does have a lot of them then I'm sure R* will patch it rather quick. I'll still play the game with or without bugs but would feel slightly disappointed that major ones have gone unnoticed.

Sneakerhead.

I see what you did there, You username is a play on The Jaguar XJ220. tounge.gif

On topic, yes I would forgive Rockstar, as long as they Patch the bad glitches. Ex. A glitch that makes you fall threw the ground, savegames getting deleted, stuff like that, people in multiplayer not dying when shot. (Even if they have a really good internet connecton.) Glitches like the "Swingset glitch" can stay lol.

I would be pissed off if it was glitchy. But I don't expect it to be buggy because Rockstar games are really well done and polished up. Sure there might be some bugs/glitches but nothing game breaking.

No, I wouldn't forgive them, they had 4-5 years to create V... I would forgive them, when a new patch came out.

GTA36362355

IF GTA5 was glitchy would you forgive R*?

This is like asking, "If you were born ugly, would you forgive your parents?"

MIKON8ERISBACK
with an open world rpg like fallout or skyrim freezes and glitches are inevitable. Comparing that to a game like GTA is like comparing apples and rhinos. GTA follows a story and you must do this and that to complete it and there is a little room for deviation in the method and the occassional choice. Whereas fallout you can basicly do anything in the story kill any npc (except a few but on NV you can kill any) follow any path and basicly make choices at every turn that results in your game, your particular save file being unique.

For instance in GTA IV main choices taken

- Ivan dies (no stranger mission)

- killed francis

- revenge (kate dies)

- killed playboy (dwayne as friend)

- killed darko (no consequences either way)

- clarence killed - no stranger mission

- adam dimayev killed - no consequence either way

now if you were to ask every GTA IV player this, many would have the same choices made, so basicly their game would be the same, their liberty city landscape. Not that it really matters, like it would in an rpg like fallout or skyrim. I count 7 choices, those are the ones i remember, 2 options each. so the number of possible combinations is 2 to the power 7 thats 128 possibilities.

Fallout and skyrim on the other hand, have thousands maybe millions of possible conbinations, many of which account for choices not part of the quest, jsut the option to go "f*ck this quest" and shotgun rain the bastard giving it, or the option to do. screw this settlement, and go on a killing spree killing all npcs there. All these possibilities and eventualities account for this, plus the extra characters, not millions of nameless peds but many many named npcs with a purpose and some nameless settlers - many different enemies and weapons, more unique weapons than there are weapons in gta, and interiors. all this can account for the lag and freezes you get on rpgs. get an open world rpg - expect lag and glitches, for GTA - no i would be annoyed at them for that. only unless their 'brave new direction' is making GTA V an rpg-like game, personally speaking I would be intreagued if this was the case.

I think this is what the "bold, new direction" is gonna be, an infinite level of decision making, and I think this is where techical problems come into play. Ive never heard such a theory before regarding savegame files causing glitches. We all know that the infamous "Peds Riot" cheat permanently impacted savegame files saved whilst it was (permanently) activated, rendering storyline missions uncompletable in the process.

Of course I will forgive them. It's not what they wanted anyway, and I'm sure it's not what you guys also wanted. But if I was given the chance to choose whom to not forgive for the bugginess of GTA V, I would blame the people who are in a huge hurry for the release. Success takes time, patience is a virtue.

IF GTA5 was glitchy would you forgive R*?

This is like asking, "If you were born ugly, would you forgive your parents?"

hahahaha icon14.gif nice one.

1whitebuddah
It won't be glitchy, it's R* we are talking about here not Bugthesda

so gta 4 wasnt buggy? z buffering pissed me in gta 4(go as high as you can in a chopper and the whole map will have black lines going through it), so did everyone getting under the map, and load more bugs that were annoying, f*cking bugstar need to sort there sh*t out.

i can see gta v being just as buggy, if not more buggy than gta 4

No, I wouldn't forgive R* as we got sh*t in these last 8 months.

All that waiting and excitement for nothing but for a bugged game.

Even if it's R*, you can't forgive a bugged game if you have waited this so long.

And we are still waiting...

G1T