Gangs

LetsPlay55

LetsPlay55

Well, since GTA 5 is taking place in Los Santos witch is an exact replica of Los Angeles, there will DEFINITELY be street gangs. I mean LA is nic'named the gang capitol of the world! We already know that grove street, ballas, etc wont be in GTA 5, so what Ideas do you guys have for street gangs (Names, colors, etc). What or who do you exactly expect to be in GTA 5 (As far as street gangs) ?

I think gangs will be in gta v but it wont have a big impact on the game story wise.

NotoriousKiller

I hope gangs have a big impact and that theres a really good, improved gang wars system

I hope it isnt about being a "family man" because thats boring and retarded IMO

I hope gangs have a big impact and that theres a really good, improved gang wars system

From the looks of the trailer, gta v wont have any gangs play a large part in the story. They will most likely play a minor role.

NotoriousKiller

From the looks of the trailer, gta v wont have any gangs play a large part in the story. They will most likely play a minor role.

True but sad but maybe the drug cartels will play a bigger role? R* said its a reimagined Southern California and that includes San Diego right among the border next to Tijuana

CSM. HB J-DOGG

This is why I believe the Bold new direction will be a selection of 3 different characters with three different story lines that intersect at some point. Some want to play as a character in a gang some dont. A La based game in present day and gangs dont play a major role in the criminal word would not be realistic at all. Rockstar said there going to be more realistic.

Revolution-XW

This. icon14.gif

OT: I think a Mexican gang named Rastreros would be nice to have in the game, their colot is either orange pants/shorts with white tops/tank tops or blue pants/shorts.

LetsPlay55

Yes, the cartels play a major role in southern cali. and they make millions upon millions of dollars, and the theme or main point of the game is the chase of ''the almighty dollar'' so I would imagine they would play a major role in the game as well.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

The addition of gangs all depends on who the protagonist will be. If it's a young protagonist who shares a gang related background, then yes, I would like to see them involved with the game. If not, then it would still be nice to see them on the streets for realism.

True but sad but maybe the drug cartels will play a bigger role? R* said its a reimagined Southern California and that includes San Diego right among the border next to Tijuana

The mexican cartel will probably play a large role in gta v,most likely as an antagonistic group much like the pegorino family in gta 4.

Street gangs in the ghetto side of Los Santos and 'mafia' type of families in higher classy areas,I hope. I really liked the crime families in GTA IV. Gambetti's, Pergorinos etc.

Street gangs and crime families, I hope they play a huge role in GTA V. Building your empire, buying and selling businesses will go very well together.

LetsPlay55
Street gangs in the ghetto side of Los Santos and 'mafia' type of families in higher classy areas,I hope. I really liked the crime families in GTA IV. Gambetti's, Pergorinos etc.

Street gangs and crime families, I hope they play a huge role in GTA V. Building your empire, buying and selling businesses will go very well together.

Agreed

The mafia have no influenced in california. They mainly operate in the east coast and the midwest.

CSM. HB J-DOGG

The mafia have no influenced in california. They mainly operate in the east coast and the midwest.

They have no clue about American Street gangs as you all call it lol. The Guys on the street are the New Recruits they Report to a guy thats been there and worked his way up to enforcer, Who reports to a Governor, and it goes up until the Boss who lives in the Suburbs. So call Street gangs are just as organized if not more organized as the mafia . Except they bring in way more money and have a larger army that is spread throught the states Nation wide .

LoveMediaExecutive

If GTA IV is any indication, there will be some street gang element in the game. IV gave a fairly accurate overview of the current state of New York's underworld with the five families being decimated and losing power, European and Russian crime on the rise, tense pressure from law enforcement to crackdown on organized crime, and even some terrorism thrown into the mix. If they continue the trend of depicting crime in a more realistic fashion and give L.A. the same treatment as they did New York (which I really hope they do) you can expect street gangs, drug cartels, some European and Russian organized crime and even some asian gangs.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
If GTA IV is any indication, there will be some street gang element in the game. IV gave a fairly accurate overview of the current state of New York's underworld with the five families being decimated and losing power, European and Russian crime on the rise, tense pressure from law enforcement to crackdown on organized crime, and even some terrorism thrown into the mix. If they continue the trend of depicting crime in a more realistic fashion and give L.A. the same treatment as they did New York (which I really hope they do) you can expect street gangs, drug cartels, some European and Russian organized crime and even some asian gangs.

especially with the gang level in L.A is way more prevalent then in NYC

Branimir202

Its set in LA- the gang capital of the world and a notorious kill zone. It'd be extremely unrealistic for gangs to not be featured. I don't think they'll be a big focus like in SA but I think it's very likely to assume we'll run into tons of them on the streets (Every GTA has had gangs of some sort) and possibly some missions with someone having gang affiliation or something

It'll probably be alot less centered around the mafia theme of GTA IV though, more around Mexican drug cartels, Black street Gangs, Asian/ Polynesian since gangs like the Sons of Samoa are prominent in LA, White street gangs maybe even another motorcycle one like The Lost, etc

They will most likely return but not have anywhere near as much of an impact on the story line as San An.

CSM. HB J-DOGG
They will most likely return but not have anywhere near as much of an impact on the story line as San An.

If gangs and cime organizations dont play a major role in GTa it would be unrealistic

LetsPlay55

I got a question, Since the crips and bloods are the most infamous street gangs is LA, how will LS re create them as far as colors? we cant use red blue green or purple, so what colors to be used for re-imagined crips and bloods?

CSM. HB J-DOGG
I got a question, Since the crips and bloods are the most infamous street gangs is LA, how will LS re create them as far as colors? we cant use red blue green or purple, so what colors to be used for re-imagined crips and bloods?

probaly violet, orange maybe

I always thought it was stupid not making the gangs blue and red. Yeah I understand not calling them actual bloods and crips but having silly colors replace was always silly to me.

CSM. HB J-DOGG

I always thought it was stupid not making the gangs blue and red. Yeah I understand not calling them actual bloods and crips but having silly colors replace was always silly to me.

agreed