How about a small challenge when hotwiring a car?

WhiteArcticFox

WhiteArcticFox

In Grand Theft Auto : IV, when hotwiring cars you could tap the Gas or the Brakes so that your protagonist could hotwire the car faster, then I was watching a bit of Grand Theft Auto : Chinatown Wars for the portable devices where I saw that you had a little mini-game if you will when hotwiring the car, you would insert a screwdriver in the ignition then spin it to start the car.

Which got me thinking, how about a small challenge when hotwiring a car so you feel a bit more immersed, this could be an option in the Main Menu so for those who wouldn't want this could turn it off at will.

So, here's my idea for it :

When you get inside a car that you didn't steal from someone already driving it, you would get a couple of wires in your top left hand corner that look like a scrambled mess like it would look like if you were to hotwire a car.

Only 3 of the 5 or 6 wires will be needed to turn the car on,

, now on how it would operate, I think a simple version of it is sufficient, where you use your analog sticks / your mouse to move the first 2 wires, then you press the Fire key ( LMB, Right trigger, R2 ) then rotate your stick / mouse to tie them together, then when that is done the third wire is selected automatically which then you move to the other two wires to create a current which will ignite the car, how many times you will need to those this will vary from the car and the car's condition, it should vary from once up to 6 times, 6 being the maximum number or else it'll be too time consuming.

This whole procedure will take some time to learn at first but when you would get used to it, it shouldn't take longer than 3 - 6 seconds, depending on how often you will need to create contact.

Thoughts on this idea?

Now remember, this should be an optional feature so you should be able to disable this procedure in the option menu

• Like 1

FlavouredMilk

I think, if implimented, the idea would be simple, like having to push each analog a certain direction and then hitting R2/RT/Accelerate.

Quick, but challenging to pick the right two spots.

Been discussed before, and GTA isnt Skyrim.

Though i wouldnt NOT buy V because of this.

GreenReign

This kind of reminds me of the lock picking mechanism in Splinter Cell, for some reason. And I think it would also be cool if you could pick locks on houses, safes ect...

Well when I jack a car to get away from the cops who are shooting at me, the last thing I want to do is play a hotwiring mini-game that will give em more time to kill me. So short answer...no.

WhiteArcticFox
No. Because if you ever played China Town Wars, then you know it just gets annoying after a while.

Read the last sentence wink.gif

Racecarlock

Remember, this will happen every time you steal a car. I think it'll get pretty annoying.

it could just be implemented randomly or a set amount of times in one hr. i dunno just like yeah need a quick get away then !bam! have to f*ck around with wires ...or the system they have now could be just a litle more strict like "cmon you piece of sh*t start , bloody start "and brmm its starts just give it a little more realism

i think this really should be in wish list topic tho tounge.gif

They better not make hot wiring cars into a mini game. The only reason it was like that for the Nintendo DS was because 1: They had to make use of the touch screen and add some extra features, and 2: You can't have a Nintendo game without mini games. That's like the biggest requirement tounge.gif Literally every game for the Wii, (that isn't available on the 360 and PS3) is full of mini games. And half of those games are nothing but mini games.

I'm alright on that one thanks.

Been discussed before, and GTA isnt Skyrim.

Though i wouldnt NOT buy V because of this.

Have you ever played chinatown wars? This feature was already in GTA suicidal.gif

I'd like a hotwiring minigame but something really quick, like the lockpicking in Bully; just rotating the left stick until you find a sweet spot that vibrates your controller and then accelerating to start the car. This could be done in <5 seconds and it would make it much more immersive.

This has been discussed before and we're all going to come to the same conclusion we did last time.

Car theft is what you do most in the game. A lock pick/hot wire/whatever else mini game will be interesting the first few times you do it. After that it will be a pain in the ass to have to do it every - single - damn - time.

All it will do is annoy the crap out of the player and completely destroy the pace of the game.

Smokin Aces
This has been discussed before and we're all going to come to the same conclusion we did last time.

Car theft is what you do most in the game. A lock pick/hot wire/whatever else mini game will be interesting the first few times you do it. After that it will be a pain in the ass to have to do it every - single - damn - time.

All it will do is annoy the crap out of the player and completely destroy the pace of the game.

Shut up woman. Go make me some eggs.

IBrahemoX1X
Well when I jack a car to get away from the cops who are shooting at me, the last thing I want to do is play a hotwiring mini-game that will give em more time to kill me. So short answer...no.

This

MIKON8ERISBACK

I would save this until Sony/Microsoft release touch screen controllers, possibly as part of the next generation consoles.

It should only be implemented on rarer, older cars without ECUs. Otherwise, a magic scrambler in your pocket can decode the immobilizer and bypass the alarm. Watch Ghost Dog for a demo.

Car theft is what you do most in the game.  A lock pick/hot wire/whatever else mini game will be interesting the first few times you do it.  After that it will be a pain in the ass to have to do it every - single - damn - time. 

That's my opinion. If you don't agree with it, you're welcome to offer your own logically reasoned intelligent argument.

But what I won't put up with is disrespectful smartass comments that contribute nothing to the discussion. Dickhead.

In GTA IV, if you press forward and backwards key really fast, alternating, you will hotwire it extremely fast...

It works on PC

Racecarlock

Ooh, how about every time we open a door we get a mini game that involves rotating one of the analog sticks left or right? What's that? Sounds like boring, arbitrary bullsh*t? Well so does this f*cking hotwiring game!

NotoriousKiller

We should have to play the whole game with kinect and if you dont have a kinect your game doesnt play biggrin.gif

Smokin Aces

Car theft is what you do most in the game.  A lock pick/hot wire/whatever else mini game will be interesting the first few times you do it.  After that it will be a pain in the ass to have to do it every - single - damn - time. 

That's my opinion. If you don't agree with it, you're welcome to offer your own logically reasoned intelligent argument.

But what I won't put up with is disrespectful smartass comments that contribute nothing to the discussion. Dickhead.

I just hope Rockstar doesn't come in here and read about what the majority of people on these forums want and don't want.

If they do, we are going to end up with another boring IV. Where it is drive here, do a mission, drive there, do a mission.

Most ideas people come up with to make the game immersive are shut down by this lame-ass community on the basis of "Its a video game" or "This will just annoy me".

You say if I disagree with you I should state my own logical well-thought out idea on the subject. But that isn't what you did, so why should I waste my time?

What made Grand Theft Auto was San Andreas. And that game was full of lame-ass mini games. From replying positively or negatively to random people on the street to dancing in the club or competing in low rider contest by pressing buttons in sync with music.

It was all fun and made the game more engaging for the user.

Again, either get an imagination or go make me some eggs woman.

Revolution-XW
Remember, this will happen every time you steal a car. I think it'll get pretty annoying.

This. icon14.gif

Not just that, when you're doing this, and getting chased by cops, no comment.

P.S - Everyday People on this forum come with ideas about cars that are too messy/realistic, That will ruin the game (from what I've seen so far). I'm starting to worry.

facedesk.gif

... go make me some eggs woman.

This is what I am objecting to. You haven't just got my gender wrong, but by resorting to a stereotype this also shows that you disrespect females you sexist asshole.

That's all I'm going to say in this thread. Of course you'll be so insecure that you'll just have to have the last word, won't you?

Relax, it's a troll. Besides, there's only one type of man who dislikes women that much. They're called homosexuals.

Although this is somewhat like Skyrim, I think that hotwiring should be in the game, but as you gain money and progress through the story, you can buy tools that make the process faster or even automatic.

AtomicPunk

I think the Nintendo DS GTA was brilliant in that aspect. I actually broke it out & played it this week and love how hotwiring cars is. The way you have to unscrew the panels is cool too. We could rotate the right/left analog to simulate that, it would work.