GTAForums: How would you feel if..

GTA36362355

GTA36362355

The book, Jacked: The Outlaw Story of GTA introduced me to Gouranga.com, the biggest fan site during the classic 2D era of GTA.

The book also mentions that the Housers used to communicate with the fans there.

Seeing that gtaforums has been the next biggest fan site since the 3D era, I have a question for the veterans: how close has GTAF been to R* in the past?

..and how would the fans react if the game creators directly communicate with them on gtaforums regarding GTA V?

What kind of a marketing strategy will that be?

As always, if this deserves a lock, be it.

Charlie Meadows

R* does have people post here, they just don't always announce where they're from. Its only afterwards that we realize where they were from.

They're too busy trying to act cool (and failing) to communicate.

I prefer independence anyway...less sycophants.

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

GTA36362355
R* does have people post here, they just don't always announce where they're from. Its only afterwards that we realize where they were from.

Any past example?

..and I'm more interested in having views about the strategy if applied of directly contacting the fans on a community site like this.

In my opinion, it really is a good gesture towards the fans and even in times like this when there is no info, a few status updates directly to the awaiting people can be a good measure to avoid spammed up newswire articles.

Wasn't this site listed in the Vice City manual?

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

They're too busy trying to act cool (and failing) to communicate.

I prefer independence anyway...less sycophants.

Indeed, nothing more annoying than people who try act all tough flaming R*, then lick their ass*s when they here something from R*

It would be nice to have R* openly communicate with the fans here, but they would be overloaded with kids pestering them over & over.

Its fine how it is, just wish the wait was shorter though confused.gif

GTA36362355

I tried searching for such events today.

The admins at GTAF are invited for hands on previews of their upcoming games but I found no incidences where R* addressed the fans here.

About Gouranga.com, the domain is actually owned by Rockstar games and thus it is kind of natural that they communicated with their fans there. I wish they had hired some guys to communicate with the fans on such sites, it is good marketing and an easy way of maintaining the fan base.

Edited by deepthroatgta6

Not sure where you're getting this from, but the only people from Rockstar here are those who control the Rockstar Toronto Account.

i am a girl on the internet

I thought it was well known that the higher ups (mainly Tank and Andy) had some connections with R*?

GTA36362355

Not sure where you're getting this from, but the only people from Rockstar here are those who control the Rockstar Toronto Account.

Last Activity/Last Post Monday, Jun 14 2010, 21:31/Sunday, May 30 2010, 02:51

So even that account is inactive now.

The Newswire comments section is as much of a direct communication conduit to R* as there ever was. How's that workin' out for us?

That account was aimed mostly to provide some support to the GTAIV PC version of the game, due to various technical difficulties.

Charlie Meadows

You guys honestly forgot the time they created an account here to market GTA IV. Remember the guy had the "secret" info about being a security guard and seeing R* vans. He was totally a R* employee leaking that as a guerrilla marketing effort.

Black Sunshine

Is this true? Is this serious?

GTA36362355

You guys honestly forgot the time they created an account here to market GTA IV. Remember the guy had the "secret" info about being a security guard and seeing R* vans. He was totally a R* employee leaking that as a guerrilla marketing effort.

Deepthroatgta4 isn't a proven R* connection but yes, it is likely so.

They love such marketing strategies.

What I meant to say wasn't about this though. Sure the newswire is there but like the old days, if Rockstar has its official presence at some well known fan sites, it would be really cool. biggrin.gif

lol, that's what I'm wondering. I'd look for myself, but I don't have a clue where my Vice City manual is.

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

SARDYNA108

The fact is admins of this forums have contact with R* as admins of other fansites does. The mystery is how close this contact is and if R* supervises this forums. Think about topics such as Find the blue/Where is the blue/Genesis... or simply whishlist topic Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

baguvix_wanrltw

Mh, are you sure about that? Yeah, it makes sense for IV; but what about Genesis, the other thread by that guy? That pic still doesn't mean much imho...

lol, that's what I'm wondering. I'd look for myself, but I don't have a clue where my Vice City manual is.

It's not listed in the Vice City manual. GTA3net.com is in the San Andreas manual, not the forums itself.

fV9tG4b.gif

baguvix_wanrltw

Gouranga is mentioned in the GTA:SA manual, not the Vice City manual, Vanzant is right (except GTA3net.com isn't listed but gtanet.com is, same thing). Just checked.

user posted image

That long list might be a good indication of the amount of sites and forums they watch. Probably more than we think, and for good reasons too.

EDIT: FYI, there's no similar list in either the VC or IV manuals.

Edited by baguvix_wanrltw

WhiskeyFoxtrot

I like how gtanet.com has a link to here biggrin.gif. Learn something new everyday, plus it's in San Andreas manual! Might not mean much, but it means Rockstar potentially visits these forums as guests, or at least they've done so during San Andreas' time, it's a favorite site of theirs.

GTA36362355
Gouranga is mentioned in the GTA:SA manual, not the Vice City manual, Vanzant is right (except GTA3net.com isn't listed but gtanet.com is, same thing). Just checked.

user posted image

That long list might be a good indication of the amount of sites and forums they watch. Probably more than we think, and for good reasons too.

EDIT: FYI, there's no similar list in either the VC or IV manuals.

They list them as their favorite websites. biggrin.gif

Instead of just lurking, they could have an official presence on the sites.

Addressing their long time fans on such sites and the others on the newswire, what's wrong with that?

They have always supported the modding community and the modding scene is good at GTAF as well.

Wait so are deapthroatgta4 (the Rockstar security guard) and deepthroatgta (the OP) the same person?

GTA36362355

Wait so are deapthroatgta4, the Rockstar security guard, and deepthroatgta6, the OP the same person?

NO.... I'm just a normal guy who joined during Genesis.

Deepthroatgta5 was taken up when I was registering last year so I settled with a 6. biggrin.gif

Edited by deepthroatgta6

Wait so are deapthroatgta4, the Rockstar security guard, and deepthroatgta6, the OP the same person?

Deepthroatgta5 was taken up when I was registering last year so I settled with a 6. biggrin.gif

Ah OK now it makes sense.

I wasn't a member during that Genesis stuff but did read the forums then.

Genesis was pretty awesome, love to see deepthroatgta4 come back.

BlackandWhite23

Ah OK now it makes sense.

I wasn't a member during that Genesis stuff but did read the forums then.

Genesis was pretty awesome, love to see deepthroatgta4 come back.

I personnaly think deepthroat4 was just a R* marketingstunt to burn are flames and that we see him around the beginning of VI

I personnaly think deepthroat4 was just a R* marketingstunt to burn are flames and that we see him around the beginning of VI

Was that guy talked about outside of GTAF? It's not like you need anything extra to "burn the flames" on this forum. It's not a fan site, it's more of a "we're watching like f*cking hawks all the freaking time" site.

• Like 1