Replacing a broken laptop screen

bread

I have a HP G60 447CL notebook PC with a fractured screen. It's hooked up to a VGA monitor at the moment and everything is working fine and well. It's obviously just isn't portable though, which I want it to be.. how can I determine which laptop screen replacement do I have to buy in order to fix the broken screen? I found a bunch but I'm unsure which one is the exact one that'll fit and work with my laptop.

Thanks in advance.

MIKON8ERISBACK

You need to get an exact model model number and an exact matching diameter. I replaced a broken laptop screen myself once.

You need to get an exact model model number and an exact matching diameter. I replaced a broken laptop screen myself once.

How exactly do I do that?

I just looked up your laptop and it has a HP BrightView 16" Display at a resolution of 1366x768. That should be what you need to start searching for replacement screens. HP will just charge you an arm and a leg for a replacement screen, so I'd suggest looking on eBay. I have a Dell Studio laptop with the same resolution screen and I recently bought a new higher resolution screen to replace the existing one. Although before buying a new screen, I'd suggest looking around the internet and finding guides on how to take apart your laptop to replace the screen. You should be comfortable doing so, or else just send it to someone to repair it.

nightwalker83

Is your laptop still under warranty? If so take it back to the place you bought and get them to repair it! That's what I did when my laptop screen cracked.

YankeesPwnMets
Is your laptop still under warranty? If so take it back to the place you bought and get them to repair it! That's what I did when my laptop screen cracked.

If you fractured the screen yourself then they aren't gonna fix it... ie. if I smash it with a baseball bat I can't just call HP and tell them to replace my screen. Warranty terms allow you to send the laptop back to repair because of manufacturer error... not for breaking the laptop yourself