Flying out of cars

universetwisters

universetwisters

Remember when in GTA 4, you "flew" out the windscreen of the car when you were in a bad enough wreck? Do you think it should be in GTA 5?

Plus, I found an instance of it happening...in a movie around 0:05

sTgL5iS.png

Should have seatbelts that the protag puts on after a second of sitting in the car when you first get in it - like helmets when you ride a bike.

Yeah that was kind of cool and all wouldn't mind seeing that come back. Really annoying in the middle of a car chase though.

BirthOfMayhem

Putting on a seatbelt would take 2 more seconds after entering the car before you start to drive. If you dont want to wait those 2 seconds, you can speed off instantly but risk being ejected.

I like the randomness of it. There are plenty of crashes where it seems Niko must be wearing an invisible seatbelt, but when he flies out it means he wasn't wearing one that time.

Realistically, cars have had laminated windshields for over 80 years and most cars on the road these days have airbags, but what fun would that be?

Should have seatbelts that the protag puts on after a second of sitting in the car when you first get in it - like helmets when you ride a bike.

yup, this has been discussed before and this was also suggested.

i think it's good but I don't mind if they keep it the way it is. it rarely happens and when it does, it's intentional.

BirthOfMayhem

How about people being ejected out of windows? If you watch a police chase show or two you would know that sometimes during rollovers people fly out of the side windows like a sac of sh*t in a slingshot.

matajuegos

Yes, imagine crashing your infernus on a barrier into the top of mount chilliad and going throughg the windshield all the way down

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

Putting on a seatbelt would take 2 more seconds after entering the car before you start to drive. If you dont want to wait those 2 seconds, you can speed off instantly but risk being ejected.

Just like putting on a helmet when you're riding a motorcycle.

packardcaribien

Do the same thing as motorcycle helments, with buckling seatbelts. Easy.

But, maybe have very old cars (Voodoo and Walton age) not have seat belts anyway.

I liked it the first few times, but it got old for me real quickly. I wouldn't care either way, but I'd prefer it if they left it off.

FortunateSon

What about going throught the sunroof? Not pretty. Or your pet dog going through the windsheild. Or even having it's head slashed off while you were driving and it had it's head hanging out the window. So many posperities

I think there should be an optional button to fasten the seatbelts if you wish.

Completely removing it from GTAV would be a bad move, because it's fun biggrin.gif

Maybe they'll implement airbags?

Nice idea! Maybe there could be a small icon on the screen which shows you when the seat belt is on instead of having to look inside the car.

I think they should keep it in. wink.gif

Also like the helmet when riding a motorbike, if you wait a few seconds before driving then you'll put a seatbelt on. The seatbelt will stop the animation of "flying out of cars".

In GTA IV I sometimes waited for the animation of putting on a helmet to role play more or less. Other times I didn't bother. I just find it nice to have a choice.

Harwood Butch3r

I think seat belts would be a nuissance. What if our car is on fire or about to go into the water and we need to bail?

I think seat belts would be a nuissance. What if our car is on fire or about to go into the water and we need to bail?

Agreed. Seatbelts can be a nuisance and banging out of the windscreen would be realistic and fun too-in a way.

monsterjamp

I thought being ejected was extremely annoying so I really want airbags .

This.

Let us see the main protagonist put his seatbelt on, and if you don't you're taking the risks.

That is a very good one! wink.gif. Hope they keep it in.