Grand Theft Auto V Cars

Jesse000777

Jesse000777

I'm just curious, what NEW cars do you think RockStar will "implement" in GTA V? Like, the Infernus is the Lambo Merci.

I personally think they'll make a knock-off of the new Camaro, Challenger, bring back a newer Buffalo (Charger). Also, I think they'll update the Infernus to the Lamborghini Aventador or the Reventon.

So, what cars do you think they'll "forge"/you want them to put in GTA V? smile.gif

Los Santos citizen

that wont happen real cars cost money to licence and companies wont appreciate their cars being you use for criminal acts

Triple Vacuum Seal

Despite seeing many rehashed cars in the trailer, I am 99.9999% sure we will see a new Turismo, Super GT, Comet, and Infernus. GTAV better have car customization too. Not having the GTAIV Infernus available in Yellow was a blunder. Lamborghini's are classic in yellow.

I personally think that a lot of cars in GTAIV were kind of ugly. I understand R* doesn't want to run into licensing issues but, I could've done better with some of the car designs. The rear lights on the Turismo look like something out of a chop shop. monocle.gif

Jesse000777
that wont happen real cars cost money to licence and companies wont appreciate their cars being you use for criminal acts

Ya, I know. I don't mean REAL cars. I mean knock-offs. Like my example, the Infernus was a knock-off of the Lamborghini Mercielago. Also, the Buffalo in GTA IV was a knock off of the Dodge Charger (newer models)

The red convertible in the trailer is a mix between a few cars. One of those cars being the Ferrari California. The hood's air scoop and real exhaust is enough to conclude that yes it was styled after the Ferrari California.

i saw a girl in the trailer.

i could ride her all night long

Jesse000777
Despite seeing many rehashed cars in the trailer, I am 99.9999% sure we will see a new Turismo, Super GT, Comet, and Infernus. GTAV better have car customization too. Not having the GTAIV Infernus available in Yellow was a blunder. Lamborghini's are classic in yellow.

I personally think that a lot of cars in GTAIV were kind of ugly. I understand R* doesn't want to run into licensing issues but, I could've done better with some of the car designs. The rear lights on the Turismo look like something out of a chop shop. monocle.gif

Oh, I know. Car customization was the best thing that ever happened to the GTA series. I hope they bring back, and update, cars like the Turismo, Comet, BANSHEE! I miss stealing that car out by 8-Balls in GTA III. And I agreed, but, if you've ever actually been to NewYork, the cars in GTA IV are pretty accurate. But, since we're heading to a Southern, Western, Cali knock-off, I hope there are WAY better cars, instead of a bunch of cheesy sports cars and rust tanks.

ChrissDaMan

that red car dont looks like a California for.. well the exaust pipes maybe but its more Astn Martin Vantage thought the front lights looks like Carrera GT monocle.gif

Jesse000777
The red convertible in the trailer is a mix between a few cars. One of those cars being the Ferrari California. The hood's air scoop and real exhaust is enough to conclude that yes it was styled after the Ferrari California.

That would be awesome! And was it just me, or did the blue car kind of look like a Fenton...?

Would it be cool to see real brands in the game, that would make the game so much cooler! XD

Jesse000777
i saw a girl in the trailer.

i could ride her all night long

Haha, Which girl wink.gif

& You know what, that'd be a FUNNY-ASS cheat, turning cars into girls. Haha!

Triple Vacuum Seal
Despite seeing many rehashed cars in the trailer, I am 99.9999% sure we will see a new Turismo, Super GT, Comet, and Infernus.  GTAV better have car customization too.  Not having the GTAIV Infernus available in Yellow was a blunder.  Lamborghini's are classic in yellow.

I personally think that a lot of cars in GTAIV were kind of ugly.  I understand R* doesn't want to run into licensing issues but, I could've done better with some of the car designs.  The rear lights on the Turismo look like something out of a chop shop. monocle.gif

Oh, I know. Car customization was the best thing that ever happened to the GTA series. I hope they bring back, and update, cars like the Turismo, Comet, BANSHEE! I miss stealing that car out by 8-Balls in GTA III. And I agreed, but, if you've ever actually been to NewYork, the cars in GTA IV are pretty accurate. But, since we're heading to a Southern, Western, Cali knock-off, I hope there are WAY better cars, instead of a bunch of cheesy sports cars and rust tanks.

I totally agree. It is definitely one of the best things to happen to series. When I said the cars were ugly, I wasn't referring to the selection. I was referring to the designs. Despite being based in 2008, a t least 90% of the vehicles are based off of early 2000s builds.

For a while now, I've been wondering if R* could dance around licensing issues through a loophole by allowing the player to add/remove parts from other GTA vehicles in an extensive customization system. This would allow players to make cars look more unique or more like the real car if they wish.

Would it be cool to see real brands in the game, that would make the game so much cooler! XD

But it wouldn't feel like GTA. GTA games have a certain charm and a lot of it comes from the use of fictional brand names based on real brands. It wouldn't feel right to drive a BMW with Coca Cola ads all over the city.

Los Santos citizen

Ya, I know. I don't mean REAL cars. I mean knock-offs. Like my example, the Infernus was a knock-off of the Lamborghini Mercielago. Also, the Buffalo in GTA IV was a knock off of the Dodge Charger (newer models)

oh never mind i expect a new greenwood

Have Mercy

But it wouldn't feel like GTA. GTA games have a certain charm and a lot of it comes from the use of fictional brand names based on real brands. It wouldn't feel right to drive a BMW with Coca Cola ads all over the city.

Yeh it kills the feel...

Jesse000777
Despite seeing many rehashed cars in the trailer, I am 99.9999% sure we will see a new Turismo, Super GT, Comet, and Infernus.  GTAV better have car customization too.  Not having the GTAIV Infernus available in Yellow was a blunder.  Lamborghini's are classic in yellow.

I personally think that a lot of cars in GTAIV were kind of ugly.  I understand R* doesn't want to run into licensing issues but, I could've done better with some of the car designs.  The rear lights on the Turismo look like something out of a chop shop. monocle.gif

I totally agree. It is definitely one of the best things to happen to series. When I said the cars were ugly, I wasn't referring to the selection. I was referring to the designs. Despite being based in 2008, a t least 90% of the vehicles are based off of early 2000s builds.

For a while now, I've been wondering if R* could dance around licensing issues through a loophole by allowing the player to add/remove parts from other GTA vehicles in an extensive customization system. This would allow players to make cars look more unique or more like the real car if they wish.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Ya, you're right. I'd like to see diversity in GTA V. Like, some rusty old cars, and come rich, old people, driving nice old cars. Also, 90/early 2000's cars would be nice too, but not so many of them, and then the new cars. Like, I just think it'd add a lot more diversity to the game, seeing as how there's going to be coke-snorting millionaires, and then dope pushers, all in the same map. They had the people diversity for GTA IV, but, personally, I think (for the most part), the cars lacked.

& As for the licensing, ya, I'd like to see them find some sort of loop-hole through that, but, unfortunately, I think RockStar will continue just smashing 2-3 cars together to make their "own brand".

Jesse000777

oh never mind i expect a new greenwood

... Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that the same car Sweet drives in GTA SA? Because that would be sweet to bring that back, but a newer model.

Triple Vacuum Seal

Yeh it kills the feel...

That's not what this thread is about though. The OP is asking what real life cars do we expect to see parodied in GTAV because every car in every GTA is based off of something in real life.

*I've always wanted to see R* design a couple of there own exotic cars. I am confident that R* North devs. are pretty creative. Designing a nice in-game car isn't exactly rocket science to these guys either.

The red convertible in the trailer is a mix between a few cars.  One of those cars being the Ferrari California.  The hood's air scoop and real exhaust is enough to conclude that yes it was styled after the Ferrari California.

That would be awesome! And was it just me, or did the blue car kind of look like a Fenton...?

The blue car id the red convertible car just in blue. wink.gif

Jesse000777

I agree, but, at the same time, it's not that much different than seeing "Sprunk" ads and "E-Cola" or whatever that "Coca-Cola" knock-off was. But, overall, I agree, it'd kill the "fictional" feeling and make it feel to realistic and kill it for me.

Triple Vacuum Seal

I totally agree.  It is definitely one of the best things to happen to series.  When I said the cars were ugly, I wasn't referring to the selection.  I was referring to the designs.  Despite being based in 2008, a t least 90% of the vehicles are based off of early 2000s builds.

For a while now, I've been wondering if R* could dance around licensing issues through a loophole by allowing the player to add/remove parts from other GTA vehicles in an extensive customization system.  This would allow players to make cars look more unique or more like the real car if they wish.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Ya, you're right. I'd like to see diversity in GTA V. Like, some rusty old cars, and come rich, old people, driving nice old cars. Also, 90/early 2000's cars would be nice too, but not so many of them, and then the new cars. Like, I just think it'd add a lot more diversity to the game, seeing as how there's going to be coke-snorting millionaires, and then dope pushers, all in the same map. They had the people diversity for GTA IV, but, personally, I think (for the most part), the cars lacked.

& As for the licensing, ya, I'd like to see them find some sort of loop-hole through that, but, unfortunately, I think RockStar will continue just smashing 2-3 cars together to make their "own brand".

Yeah I feel as if the slightest threat of bad press for R* wouldn't be worth risking. They're pretty creative at R* North. I hope to see their true potential this time around.

packardcaribien

Well, I had always posed the idea of multiple generations of one car existing in the game, sort of the TBoGT did with the Schafter and the Faggio. Have a more modern version, the GTA IV version, and a SA era version of a Merit, for example.

I say bring back the Voodoo, Windsor, Oceanic, Tornado, Picador, Walton, and Glendale, and maybe a classic as well as a modern Greenwood. Also, a non-junker version of TLAD Regina would be cool. As you might notice, I'm into the classic cars of GTA.

The Walton would be something like this.

user posted image

The Oceanic, like this.

user posted image

The Picador, here.

user posted image

The Glendale, like this.

user posted image

And the modern Greenwood, like this.

user posted image

The old Greenwood, the Windsor, the Voodoo, and the Tornado were too good to mess with.

Edited by packardcaribien

I'm hoping they'll replace the Blista with the GTA universe doppelganger of the 2007 Honda Civic Si. For personal reasons.

user posted image

That's why they make knock-off cars, so they don't have to get involved with all that copyright crap

i am a girl on the internet

I want a fuc­king Mercury Marauder (or at least the ability to modify whatever Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis/Town Car-themed vehicle into one). Still have not found a single game that has them, yet most driving games have the usual CV/GM/TC.

horserider

I wish that the police cars and the taxis would more like crown vic's or impala's. Also, I would love to see some cars with company names on it. Like Roger's van's here are red and say Rogers with a ladder on it. Something like that.

packardcaribien
I want a fuc­king Mercury Marauder (or at least the ability to modify whatever Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis/Town Car-themed vehicle into one). Still have not found a single game that has them, yet most driving games have the usual CV/GM/TC.

Well, Marauders are rare b/c they were just a performance version of the Grand Marquis. However, the Grand Marquis itself has been in a good amount of games; take a look at the IGCD. In fact, GTA IV had a car based on one. And so did Chinatown Wars.