Is it really so strange?

shadyslady

shadyslady

as we see the same topics covered in previous gtas, like BETRAYAL, and the protagonist also has been the same, like, one main character, i'm sure the leaked info is true and we experience something other than the typical gta-betrayal-story.

having the narrator (albert dasilva) as a boss and co-defendant, and as adrian (my avatar) we got the main playable character.

SPOILER ALERT!

GTA III - betrayal through catalina

GTA VICE CITY - betrayal through lance vance

GTA SAN ANDREAS - betrayal through ryder and big smoke

GTA IV - betrayal through dimitri and billy grey

GTA IV was the first game which accused the protagonist of his criminal lifestyle and in the end his cousin/potential girlfriend has to pay for it.

in RED DEAD rockstar went even further and let the protagonist die because of his life as a criminal.

now with gta v, is it really so strange to take a new direction, like the uncommon couple, old dasilva and adrian?

and in the end it's a rivalry?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

First off, why do you think the old gent is Albert de Silva? That name has already been proven to be in Max Payne 3.

Secondly, wtf Adrian? It's actually Chico Vialpando, or from what Ive heard. This name seems to fit the Hispanic guy.

Thirdly, I don't think this game will be another betrayal gta. It is a new direction so they won't make it like that

shadyslady
First off, why do you think the old gent is Albert de Silva? That name has already been proven to be in Max Payne 3.

Secondly, wtf Adrian? It's actually Chico Vialpando, or from what Ive heard. This name seems to fit the Hispanic guy.

Thirdly, I don't think this game will be another betrayal gta. It is a new direction so they won't make it like that

no chico vialpando. the gta 3 era is done, over. no chico. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

it's adrian!! devil.gif

it does fit a spaniard.

i support your third poit!!! icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

no chico vialpando. the gta 3 era is done, over. no chico. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

it's adrian!! devil.gif

it does fit a spaniard.

its niether till R* says it

shadyslady

it's adrian!! devil.gif

it does fit a spaniard.

its niether till R* says it

true. but...i want to believe! ph34r.gif

the leaked info in my signature sounds about right!!

cherrycola

It would be really strange if R* decided to let a non-playable character boss narrate the first trailer of GTA V, telling us how he got fed up with his old life and moved to Los Santos. That's a very strange way to introduce us to GTA V.

shadyslady
It would be really strange if R* decided to let a non-playable character boss narrate the first trailer of GTA V, telling us how he got fed up with his old life and moved to Los Santos. That's a very strange way to introduce us to GTA V.

yes but isn't this a bold new direction?! monocle.gifmonocle.gif

they simply step away from the old formula.

What if it will be like cod? if you fail a mission, the story will be different instead of replaying

shadyslady
What if it will be like cod? if you fail a mission, the story will be different instead of replaying

why not?! something new like this is welcome! notify.gif

shadyslady
Use some common sense bro. confused.gif

explain.

Dragonjack
Use some common sense bro.  confused.gif

explain.

http://www.dualshocknexus.com/2012/04/mass...tern-leaks.html I don't see why you are believing this leaks anyway but this is completely "bullsh*t" to me. confused.gif From what i hear in the past none of Rockstar employees never leak anything about there games at all. They are very secretive about there games in my opinion, and it isn't good for Rockstar to that. confused.gif

user posted image

shadyslady

explain.

http://www.dualshocknexus.com/2012/04/mass...tern-leaks.html I don't see why you are believing this leaks anyway but this is completely "bullsh*t" to me. confused.gif From what i hear in the past none of Rockstar employees never leak anything about there games at all. They are very secretive about there games in my opinion, and it isn't good for Rockstar to that. confused.gif

i understand. i respect that you don't believe it. you know, i don't believe it's an intern, too!

who coulb be this stupid? it's industrial espionage. people get thrown into jail for this. but i believe the leaked info itself. it sounds all plausible to me. it fits with the bold new drection, too. and all these ideas, and the things about red dead rebellion, it just sounds so...plausible and that it really could be true.

call me a bloody fool, but i think it's true!! nervous.gifnervous.gifnervous.gif

the info could be smuggled out by anyone, and to put the attention somewhere else he simply says..."i was an intern..."

i don't believe it was an intern, but i believe in the info... monocle.gif

So he says his name, his university, and that he's an intern.

That'll narrow the search down, won't it?

Fake.

Dragonjack

explain.

i understand. i respect that you don't believe it. you know, i don't believe it's an intern, too!

who coulb be this stupid? it's industrial espionage. people get thrown into jail for this. but i believe the leaked info itself. it sounds all plausible to me. it fits with the bold new drection, too. and all these ideas, and the things about red dead rebellion, it just sounds so...plausible and that it really could be true.

call me a bloody fool, but i think it's true!! nervous.gifnervous.gifnervous.gif

the info could be smuggled out by anyone, and to put the attention somewhere else he simply says..."i was an intern..."

i don't believe it was an intern, but i believe in the info... monocle.gif

If you believe it? then wait till Grand Theft Auto V comes out. icon14.gif

user posted image

ikillionaire ii

When does that ever happen in cod you respawn and carry on from checkpoints.

OP I'm not expecting much of a new direction for me its more of a buzz word how often do we hear it for other games

shadyslady

When does that ever happen in cod you respawn and carry on from checkpoints.

OP I'm not expecting much of a new direction for me its more of a buzz word how often do we hear it for other games

true. it's a advertising strategy to say all is new. but i still believe.

So he says his name, his university, and that he's an intern.

That'll narrow the search down, won't it?

Fake.

you don't know it for sure smile.gif

if someone wanted to leak this info, he wouldn't be THIS stupid to name his private data.

i know ids and private info of many former schoolmates and people from work. i know what they do today, still. much via facebook. so what? i can easily put the attention onto someone else.

the info sounds just so...so true, doesn't it? i don't say it IS true, but i believe in it.

cool.gif

now if this is fake, isn't this the best fake info ever? rolleyes.gif

i still believe. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Lol I can't believe these idiots believe these so called Rockstar "leaks".

Read the line under the GTAV.net logo at the top of this page.

Your member title is as stupid as you.

When the game comes out, you can bet you'll be getting a Personal Message from me regarding the absence of an Adrian or Chico I'm the game.

GourangaMaster

Whats so strange about that? The debut RDR trailer had an excerpt of Bonnie mcfarlanes father speaking throughout it. He also spoke about raising a family yet as we all saw the narration had nothing to do with the main protaganist. That narration from the GTAV trailer could be any number of supporting characters.

cherrycola

Whats so strange about that? The debut RDR trailer had an excerpt of Bonnie mcfarlanes father speaking throughout it. He also spoke about raising a family yet as we all saw the narration had nothing to do with the main protaganist. That narration from the GTAV trailer could be any number of supporting characters.

I didn't know that actually, I assumed it was John speaking when I first saw the trailer and I never gave it a second thought. I still feel the GTA V trailer is different though.

shadyslady
Lol I can't believe these idiots believe these so called Rockstar "leaks".

Read the line under the GTAV.net logo at the top of this page.

Your member title is as stupid as you.

When the game comes out, you can bet you'll be getting a Personal Message from me regarding the absence of an Adrian or Chico I'm the game.

i agree that there will be no chico. sigh.gif

but adrian will be there and you can bet on me sending you a nice pm if adrian is there my friend. lol.giflol.gif

don't insult me. sly.gif

In case you originally wanted to talk about the new direction and betrayal in the storyline:

betrayal sure is a part of the GTA series and even though repetitive, it depends on how they create it ingame.

F.e. in Vice City it was surprising that Lance betrayed Tommy, but somehow I could see where Lance was coming from since Tommy used to give orders with a temper at times., however, the betrayal in this case was quite a surprise.

In San Andreas I didn't really feel it...I mean, did Ryder and Big Smoke actually kill CJ's mother? They hide the green Sabre as far as I can remember and this very car did the drive-by-shooting (seen in the bonus dvd). Anyway the betrayal in SA didn't really hit me.

As for GTA IV, Dimitri's betrayal was well placed. I thought the main antagonist might be the "two men" that escaped along with Niko in the war. He mentions them after he kills Vlad. At this point we don't know Florian is innocent and that Darko is some wrecked junkie. Also Niko mentions Bulgarin in "bleed out" and that he wanted to get away from him.

Dimitri seems quite friendly and caring. Sure, as soon as you kill Mikhail you can assume there's something wrong and Dimitri's message and pointing out how he is your "friend" obviously hints he is a traitor. But still I didn't take him for that sneaky and selfish rat in the first place, so, the betrayal in GTA IV was very well placed I say.

the "bold new direction" could mean anything, and if R* decided to place another betraying character this could still be entertaining and fun, if they do it well.

shadyslady

the "bold new direction" could mean anything, and if R* decided to place another betraying character this could still be entertaining and fun, if they do it well.

i want rocco pelosi to be the main antagonist! devil.gif

@shadyslady - I think you're making yourself look bad by claiming Adrian will be in the game, because they will almost certainly change the name of that character before release if that leak was true.

@everyone else - I hate how you guys say "Rockstar employees do not leak details." Are you stupid? The definition of a "leak" is a release of info not intended by the company. So of course Rockstar doesn't leak game details, just like I don't piss in my cheerios - duh. For you to tell me that "Rockstar employees do not leak info," you must know each individual Rockstar North employee, and no one here does, so cut it out.

The opposite of that statement is: "Remember: Rockstar employees do leak game details" and in that case it's not a leak, it's a release of information. God damn you people blow me away sometimes.

Edit: Almost every good story contains some sort of betrayal or backstabbing, I hope there's one or two in GTA V, but I also hope they are well-executed and unexpected.