Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NBA Discussion

Recommended Posts

Funktipus

That dunk Kawhi threw down on Embiid was vicious.....damn!

 

Embiid is getting roasted on social media.....folks are saying he's sick from "Kawhiitis"....LOL

 

Shaq & Charles having fun at Philly's expense;

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Funktipus said:

That dunk Kawhi threw down on Embiid was vicious.....damn!

 

Embiid is getting roasted on social media.....folks are saying he's sick from "Kawhiitis"....LOL

 

Shaq & Charles having fun at Philly's expense;

 

 

 


If there was ever a case to show how much 1 man impacts the game, the Sixers in this series are evidence enough of Embiid's importance to the team.  Can't think of any other team in the league that swings so drastically when their #1 player is out (except for the Cavaliers the past 4 seasons).  His talent is undeniably one of the greatest around - but damn it dude, hit the treadmill and start drinking some herbal tea or something.

 

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Funktipus
1 hour ago, DarksunDaFirst said:


If there was ever a case to show how much 1 man impacts the game, the Sixers in this series are evidence enough of Embiid's importance to the team.  Can't think of any other team in the league that swings so drastically when their #1 player is out (except for the Cavaliers the past 4 seasons).  His talent is undeniably one of the greatest around - but damn it dude, hit the treadmill and start drinking some herbal tea or something.

 

Ben Simmons should get some heat too.....dude has ZERO confidence in his shot. He needs to be a gym rat this summer and shoot 1000+ Js.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

These playoffs have been entertaining this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
On 5/8/2019 at 6:04 AM, GTA3Rockstar said:

 

No way. Not after last night's ass whoop.

This didn't age well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KDA

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA3Rockstar

 

12 hours ago, Zello said:

This didn't age well.

 

Yeah, so f*ckin' stupid.

 

17pt lead when the Blazers were shooting sh*t from the 3pt line in the first half and then bam, switched. 17 straight 3pt misses, 11 ft misses

 

Either way, guaranteed Warriors in 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Funktipus
Posted (edited)

Yesterday was as good as it gets for basketball fans....two entertaining Game 7s.

 

Philly has nothing to be ashamed of....it took a lucky bounce to beat them. Playoff failure is part of the 'process' too (sh*t, Jordan had seven years of failure before he won his first title). The future is bright for Philly IF those young cats improve their games and come back with a purpose. Next season, the goal should be the best record in the eastern conference (like the Bucks did).

 

Because of what happened last season, folks have forgotten how great Kawhi Leonard is....dude's one of the top 5 players in the game, and a Finals MVP.

 

Speaking of big-shot-makers, how about C.J. McCollum? He saved Portland yesterday, but they don't have enough to beat Golden State. Same with Toronto against Milwaukee. Bucks are too deep, especially with Brogdon back. Kawhi might get in foul trouble trying to stay with Giannis.

 

 

Tonight's one of the biggest nights in Knicks history since the 1985 draft. But as a long-suffering fan, I'm expecting the 5th pick.

 

  Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - up.gif Report post to moderator
Edited by Funktipus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

Pelicans get the #1 pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA3Rockstar

Speaking of, New Orleans Pelicans just doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

Already it seems like Zion isn't happy about going to New Orleans. AD 2.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA3Rockstar

Well, who the f*ck wants to be a pelican? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi

Fingers crossed the Bucks dethrone the Warriors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

Bucks or Raps I don't care. Just beat the f*cking warriors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KDA
Posted (edited)

I'm gonna have to go with the underdog Seattle Sonics this year.

Edited by Noale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi

The warriors ruined parity and I will rejoice once all the praising ends regardless of how long it will take. Overblown overrated egos. Staph Curry and Donkey are not all world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Funktipus
21 hours ago, lennymuhboi said:

The warriors ruined parity and I will rejoice once all the praising ends regardless of how long it will take. Overblown overrated egos. Staph Curry and Donkey are not all world.

 

The Warriors did not ruin parity......aside from Durant, they built their team the right way. Steph was drafted 7th, Klay was drafted 11th, Draymond 35th. Not the Warriors fault other teams don't draft smart and develop their players (like my Knicks).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Funktipus said:

 

The Warriors did not ruin parity......aside from Durant, they built their team the right way. Steph was drafted 7th, Klay was drafted 11th, Draymond 35th. Not the Warriors fault other teams don't draft smart and develop their players (like my Knicks).

I agree as much as I hate The Warriors. Aside from signing Durant they built through the draft and developed their players. Blame the rest of the NBA front offices for not knowing how to build their teams properly.

 

I just don't want to see them win again.

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi
38 minutes ago, Funktipus said:

 

The Warriors did not ruin parity......aside from Durant, they built their team the right way. Steph was drafted 7th, Klay was drafted 11th, Draymond 35th. Not the Warriors fault other teams don't draft smart and develop their players (like my Knicks).

 

I am including Durant in my opinion. I don't see how anyone can root for them but to each their own. Draymond is another Bruce Bowen imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soggy biscuits

Bucks in 6 raps are gay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi

Here's hoping whoever wins the east beats the bay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst
18 hours ago, lennymuhboi said:

Here's hoping whoever wins the east beats the bay.

they're not going to.

The team that best matched up against the Dubs lost to Toronto on a quad-boink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA3Rockstar
2 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

they're not going to.

The team that best matched up against the Dubs lost to Toronto on a quad-boink.

 

Bucks are pretty close to best but they're gonna drop the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi
2 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

they're not going to.

The team that best matched up against the Dubs lost to Toronto on a quad-boink.

 

Well at least I won't have to watch the finals then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

Giannis Aintgonnawinintoronto 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lennymuhboi
1 hour ago, Zello said:

Giannis Aintgonnawinintoronto 

Anyone but the warriors and I'm good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
On 5/24/2019 at 10:58 PM, Zello said:

Giannis Aintgonnawinintoronto 

Now the Raps gotta beat the Warriors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Funktipus

In the playoffs, strengths and weaknesses are magnified, and Giannis got exposed. If he wants to be elite like Kawhi, he MUST do three things;

 

1) Get a go-to move(or several) - right now, he's a one-trick pony, drive down the middle and dunk. That sh*t works in the regular season and early rounds of the playoffs, but not in the later rounds when defenses are tougher. Toronto was waiting on his ass with their 2-3 zone. Raptors length & athleticism made it tough on The Freak.

 

2) Like Ben Simmons, Giannis needs a consistent outside 'J' to keep defenses honest.

 

3) Improve his free throw shooting. It can make you or break you in these tight playoff games.

 

Playoff failure is part of the process - players, coaches and the front office have get better and come back stronger next season. Took Jordan seven years to get his.

 

Warriors got this....they're much better on offense than either Toronto or Milwaukee. They remind me of the Patriots because they can hit you in so many ways....you better pay attention on defense, especially in the 3rd quarter. Plus GS wants to prove they can win without Durant.

 

No offense to Raptors fans, but I hope it's a short series. So sick of the the cameras focusing on Drake's no-talent ass. His wannabe Spike Lee act is lame. I wish Draymond would lay him out diving for a loose ball. LOL @ him acting like a tough guy against Kendrick Perkins. Drake knows he didn't want that smoke. Real easy to pump your chest when you have bodyguards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Funktipus said:

Took Jordan seven years to get his.

 

Pretty much agree with everything you said - but this point I need to emphasize:

When players win early in their careers, it's almost always because they had another great player on that team that was already in the league for several.  Kareem had Robinson - a 10 year veteran.  Magic had Kareem (who was a 10 year vet at that point).  Bird had Archibald (9 year) and Parrish (4 year), as well as a rookie McHale.  Jordan took 7 years and needed Pippen in his 4th year.  Hakeen was a 9 year vet when he won it all.  Duncan won it in his 2nd year, but needed Jordan to stop winning with the Bulls as well as Avery Johnson in his 10th year, and Robinson in his 9th year.  Kobe was in his 4th year (as a 22 year old) for his first, but needed Shaq in his 7th year.  We all know about Lebron and his story.

You just need veterans who have been there before to anchor the team - don't need them to be the centerpiece, but just anchor the team.  This is why I don't get bent out of shape when it comes to the Sixers and Embiid and Simmons.  Still young guys who need to hone their games and get a full year with a veteran player or two (like Jimmy Buckets).

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Funktipus
8 hours ago, DarksunDaFirst said:

Pretty much agree with everything you said - but this point I need to emphasize:

When players win early in their careers, it's almost always because they had another great player on that team that was already in the league for several.  Kareem had Robinson - a 10 year veteran.  Magic had Kareem (who was a 10 year vet at that point).  Bird had Archibald (9 year) and Parrish (4 year), as well as a rookie McHale.  Jordan took 7 years and needed Pippen in his 4th year.  Hakeen was a 9 year vet when he won it all.  Duncan won it in his 2nd year, but needed Jordan to stop winning with the Bulls as well as Avery Johnson in his 10th year, and Robinson in his 9th year.  Kobe was in his 4th year (as a 22 year old) for his first, but needed Shaq in his 7th year.  We all know about Lebron and his story.

You just need veterans who have been there before to anchor the team - don't need them to be the centerpiece, but just anchor the team.  This is why I don't get bent out of shape when it comes to the Sixers and Embiid and Simmons.  Still young guys who need to hone their games and get a full year with a veteran player or two (like Jimmy Buckets).

Philly SHOULD bring back Jimmy B along with Tobias.....but will they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.