2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Jonesizzle

NBA Discussion

KY Jello

They had no picks in 2010. The NBA draft always rewards the top picks to teams with bad records. Also there's no guarantee whoever you pick can turn into a good player look at what happened to Anthony Bennett lol and LeBron isn't really good at helping a team rebuild and develop young players he wants a roster with vets that's ready to win now.

Doctor Holliday
Posted (edited)

There's no "guarantee" of ANYTHING.

But to pretend like the Cav's wouldn't have tried to improve if Lebron had stayed there is delusional at best...

Edited by Doctor Holliday

RARusk

Jonesizzle
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Doctor Holliday said:

There's no "guarantee" of ANYTHING.

But to pretend like the Cav's wouldn't have tried to improve if Lebron had stayed there is delusional at best...

dude, you can't even name any of supporting cast when he was there. the best player he had during his first 7 seasons was Antwan Jaminson. Not to drag Jaminson down, but that's some straight up bullsh*t. 

Hey Doc, wanna know how they got Kyrie Irving? Because Cleveland sucked complete ass while LeBron was in Miami and drafted him #1. Wanna know how Cleveland got Kevin Love? because they sucked complete ass the year before LeBron returned (with the amazing Kyrie Irving) and got yet another 1st pick in which they drafted Wiggins and traded him to minnesota for Love. just stop while you're ahead because I can't tell if you're trolling or just have no clue what you're talking about.

Dan Gilbert thinks he is some kind of genius, but LeBron has literally carried that organization during his time there. It was a wake up call for Gilbert when LeBron left. As in he actually had to spend some money and help LeBron bring a championship home. If he wanted that during LeBrons first 7 seasons he should've properly built around LeBron and not be a cheap asshole about it. Antwan Jaminson and Mo Williams... lol. 

Edited by Jonesizzle

KY Jello

They already have a hard time attracting free agents no one wants to play in Cleveland and even if they did just to play with LeBron they don't want to play at a discount.

Jonesizzle
Posted (edited)

exactly he knew he had to spend money, and god forbid they actually drafted some players who would make a major impact. only two players I can think of who they drafted that was somewhat decent was Carlos Boozer, JJ Hickson and Anderson Varejao, so take that how you want. 

Edited by Jonesizzle

Chaise

Zydrunas Ilgaukas was also decent for the Cavs but yeah overall Cavs haven't been very good in the draft. I remember when they signed Shaq that one year being so excited to see him play with Lebron, and then watching him in his first game with the Cavs barely able to jump just completely killed my excitement lol.

Doctor Holliday
18 hours ago, Jonesizzle said:

It was a wake up call for Gilbert when LeBron left. As in he actually had to spend some money and help LeBron bring a championship home.

So they did exactly what I said they could have done if he had stayed?

Cool, thanks for the support.

Jonesizzle
Posted (edited)

yes... after LeBron James left for 4-5 seasons and that organization crumbled. your point is still invalid, but keep posting, you just sound like you have no clue what you're talking about with each post you make. 

Edited by Jonesizzle

KY Jello

Kawhi Leonard wants to leave the spurs for LA. Makes no sense the Spurs were the perfect fit for him.

Chaise
1 hour ago, Zello said:

Kawhi Leonard wants to leave the spurs for LA. Makes no sense the Spurs were the perfect fit for him.

Yeah it's just so strange to me, he always came off as someone who hates the spotlight and now he wants to go to the Lakers? I hardly even know what he sounds like tbh lol, hate to say it but really makes me think he's been talking with Lebron about joining up together.

On the other hand who the hell are the Lakers gonna trade for him? Lonzo ball and Kyle Kuzma? Lmao

KY Jello

Be funny if the Spurs trade him to the Clippers instead.

Laker23

Really thought he would stay.

As a Laker mark this is a real double edged sword. On the one hand I'd love a player of his calibre, but I don't want us breaking up the young core.

Ingram especially I'd be devastated to see go. I know Magic said he was untouchable at one point, but I don't trust him one bit.

TheRipperOfLagoZancudo

I don't know who to believe anymore :(

Kawhi....speak please, just once lol

GTA3Rockstar
On 6/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, Zello said:

Be funny if the Spurs trade him to the Clippers instead.

He actually said that would be another choice among the ones he wants traded to.

Chaise
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

He actually said that would be another choice among the ones he wants traded to.

Well they definitely have better trade assets then the Lakers, I'd take Lou Williams and Deandre Jordan over anything the Lakers could give them for Kawhi.

It'd be real funny to see him get traded to the Clippers and then Paul George and Lebron decide to go there instead of the Lakers.

Edited by Chaise

Jonesizzle

reports are saying that San Antonio will not trade him to a western conference team. I can see Pop being this petty. He managed to keep Aldridge on the team after he requested out, maybe he can work his magic with Kawhi? 

GTA3Rockstar

I doubt it, Pop's is rumored to retire around 2020.

19 hours ago, Chaise said:

Well they definitely have better trade assets then the Lakers, I'd take Lou Williams and Deandre Jordan over anything the Lakers could give them for Kawhi.

It'd be real funny to see him get traded to the Clippers and then Paul George and Lebron decide to go there instead of the Lakers.

Either way, after next season he can leave without them getting anything.

KY Jello

Dwight Howard gets traded to the Nets. His career went to sh*t when he wanted to leave Orlando.

Chaise

Feel bad for the guy, use to be a fan of Dwight back when he played for the Magic, He's still a decent center but his contract just isn't worth his productivity. If he just had the drive to be great he could have went down as one of the greatest centers ever.

Jonesizzle

isn't worth his productivity? dude averaged 16 and 12 this season, which is pretty damn good for a center. I honestly think that if he stayed in Orlando he would be considered one of the best centers in the game today. 

Chaise
1 hour ago, Jonesizzle said:

isn't worth his productivity? dude averaged 16 and 12 this season, which is pretty damn good for a center. I honestly think that if he stayed in Orlando he would be considered one of the best centers in the game today. 

Yeah he is still a good center, I just don't think he's worth 23.8 million that he's making next year is more of what I meant, which is part of the reason he keeps getting traded.

Honestly if you think about it his game nowadays is almost on par with Deandre Jordan's, which makes me wonder why teams just don't seem to want him.

KY Jello
Posted (edited)

He's too toxic in the locker room. He couldn't get along with Kobe in LA, Harden didn't get along with him in Houston, and the Hawks players were celebrating when he got traded to Charlotte.

The NBA also seems to be moving away from those types of Centers and his huge contract doesn't help things either.

Edited by Zello

Jonesizzle
Posted (edited)

Michael Porter Jr. going to Denver is one hell of a steal if he can overcome his injury problems. 

the NBA is gonna be f*cked if they allow Grayson Allen to go to GS or Houston. *whew, Utah snagged him. Utah is on the up and up. 

also Woj told ESPN to suck dick with the whole "no spoiling the draft picks". classic. 

Edited by Jonesizzle

KY Jello

I forgot the draft was today I thought it was tomorrow lol

Funktipus
Knicks pick Kevin Knox from Kentucky . He fills our glaring need at the 3. Chauncey Billups compared him to Tobias Harris - I'll sign for that.

Knicks fans in attendance wanted Michael Porter, but there are questions about his back. Last thing we need is another player with injury questions.

KY Jello
Posted (edited)

Mavs got a steal with Luka Doncic. Hawks were stupid making that trade. I just hope he doesn't get injured he's been playing for about 10 months straight.

Also Liangelo ball went undrafted lol

Edited by Zello

Chaise

Man that NBA Awards show is just so unnecessary, it's just a total cringefest and we all knew who was going to win 3 months ago.

Congratz to Harden on MVP though, he better be glad it's a regular season award though lol.

Jonesizzle

it's unnecessary, especially considering they don't even take into effect the playoffs while voting. easily the stupidest award ceremony for any sport. either hold the award show before the playoffs or don't do it at all.

VigMarston91

@Zello Spurs fan here. I thought he would stay too :bored:

Its been a tough couple of years for us. If he wants to leave that badly, we've no choice but to trade him. Hoping he gets traded to the Celtics, they have so many good young players.. Not to mention tons of 1st round Draft picks too!