Should laws be in GTA V like in real life?

SmileyHam

Like trespassing? The owner calls cops and he comes to fine you and you can run away and get chased?

If you kill someone it becomes A REAL BIG ISSUE like in real life?

Traffic Laws? Run red light and you got police on your ass?

Scratch a guys car and you get beat up and sued? Or having to wait to call insurance company and stuff like that?

Have your car towed and have to get it from the lot and pay a fine?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!

Like trespassing? The owner calls cops and he comes to fine you and you can run away and get chased?

Scratch a guys car and you get beat up and sued? Or having to wait to call insurance company and stuff like that?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!

That would slow the player down too much and discourage any mischief which is the reason why people play GTA in the first place. Cute idea but wouldn't work.

Grand Cannon

Sounds good on paper but it gets very annoying in the end. SOME laws should come into play but not all of them.

Smokin Aces

Absolutely. I don't want to do mission after mission after mission. Slowing the user down is exactly what needs to be implemented.

After all, there is no such thing as committing a crime if there are no consequences.

Lucky Sevens

Yeah great idea!

If you kill somebody in the game, you should get life in prison in the game. So your game doesn't work, it just loads up and your in a cell.

sonnyBlack

That stuff would kill the series for me. I wouldn't want any of that in a GTA game.

Smokin Aces

Yeah great idea!

If you kill somebody in the game, you should get life in prison in the game.  So your game doesn't work, it just loads up and your in a cell.

Exactly! Except for the game doesn't work part.

They could just fast forward time like they do in Red Dead Redemption. Everything is a great idea as long as it is implemented properly.

Did you guys know, that it is just an average joe like me and you who is actually paid by rockstar to help make their games fun.

I would hate to play a game any of you unimaginative morons had any say in. BORING!!

Kind of like IV. I would really like to know who R* hired to make GTA IV fun.

All they could come up with was darts, bowling, and eating hotdogs.... BORING!!!

The only thing that makes GTA free roam a game is the possibility of consequences for your actions. But some real-life consequences are not video game material.

GTA already supports getting a wanted level for trespassing. If this were to be extended for all property it would need to have more levels of escalation. You might get confronted by a ped who is the owner of the property. This could be a ped who spawns at the location, or who is inside the building (if it has an interior), or there could be an "wanted level 0" that randomly (not always) causes one or more civilians to arrive in a vehicle and confront you. I would want this to be a rare event that occasionally surprises you.

A game mechanic similar to RDR's bounty and fame systems could impose lasting consequences of some kind but you should not face the end of your life as you know it as you would in a real-life murder prosecution. GTA cops seem quite willing to let you go if they can take some of your money and weapons.

GTA IV is aware of this violation. Police at an intersection may give you a burst of siren if you blow through. I would support adding randomization that makes it possible they would sometimes (rarely) give you a wanted level for this.

GTA already sometimes gives you a hostile ped driver when you hit their car, and gives you a wanted level if you hit a police car. Lawsuits and insurance would require you to be identified to the complainant and GTA doesn't usually present that scenario, and you are usually driving a stolen car so hit and run would be the prudent thing to do.

Laws like in Reallife? No thanks. But R* can actually make the police more intelligent and maybe harder and really more aggressive in acting each star... not just more cops.

Harwood Butch3r

Racecarlock is going to love this thread. ph34r.gif

Other than the usually consequences I don't want to have to obey traffic laws and whatnot. I'm playing MCLA and it's annoying everytime I see a cop I have to make sure I don't run a red light or speed in fear of getting chased.

I do like the idea of trespassing, but not getting a wanted level for it. My idea is since there should be plenty of countryside maybe there's some crazy hilly billy living in a log cabin or something and if you cross onto his property he comes out with a shotgun and starts shooting.

Edited by Miamivicecity

WhiteArcticFox

Killing a person has huge consequences? Sure, if we go by the leaked star system from an ex-Rockstar North employee we could give the player 2 - 3 stars for killing a person, if recognized and identified, so the police will look for you or someone who looks like you for 24 hours in-game.

Giving multiple stars for something like ...

... Running a traffic light? No

... Driving the wrong direction in a one way street? No

... Serious crimes like killing innocent civilians? Sure

People get pissed at you for scratching / damaging their car? Of course, makes the game feel more alive

What seriously dissapointed me in GTA 4 was getting a star for hitting someone's car sad.gif

Open world game... Trespassing... Does Not Compute...

Trespassing is at the Airport and that government building in algonquin IV.

Your statement does not compute.

Cole Phelps Gta

I seriously have no idea if you guys are trolling or not ? I really hope you guys are trolling because if you're not you really need to get a life. No disrespect but if you want all this crap I gotta ask is it a video game you want ? Or are you trying to replace you're real life with a video game ? I've spent hours on end playing gta. Never once did I think.

"You know what would make this game fun not being able to doing anything and all ways having the cops chase you"

You guys need to think about what you're asking for. Play driver parrell lines. That game is hell to play but you guys would like it. Because you can't do anything that won't result in police chasing you. I had to put in like 5 cheats just to play that broken down piece of sh*t they claimed was an open world game

Edited by Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Cole Phelps Gta
Open world game... Trespassing... Does Not Compute...

Trespassing is at the Airport and that government building in algonquin IV.

Your statement does not compute.

And that's a good thing ? dozingoff.gif saints row allows you too not only enter the airport without police chasing you but you can also fly jets. How cool is that ? Seriously what would you perfer flying jets or getting chased by the police for entering an airport where you can't fly planes ?

Call me crazy I want the jet !!!!!!!!

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

Absolutely. I don't want to do mission after mission after mission. Slowing the user down is exactly what needs to be implemented.

After all, there is no such thing as committing a crime if there are no consequences.

There were consequences, you got stars. I'd hate if they suddenly started bringing in all this 'realism' and took out classic GTA while doing it. That's like part of GTA.. going on killing streaks and getting the police to search for you until you lost your stars. Not put on some prolonged manhunt searching for you. How would that be a good addition at all? (Unless you mean it like in RDR, that worked.)

Trespassing, only in Military, it sucked that you had police on your ass if you entered in the airport...

Harwood Butch3r
Trespassing, only in Military, it sucked that you had police on your ass if you entered in the airport...

It made sense though considering terrorism was a big theme in GTA IV.

Racecarlock is going to love this thread. ph34r.gif

Other than the usually consequences I don't want to have to obey traffic laws and whatnot. I'm playing MCLA and it's annoying everytime I see a cop I have to make sure I don't run a red light or speed in fear of getting chased.

I do like the idea of trespassing, but not getting a wanted level for it. My idea is since there should be plenty of countryside maybe there's some crazy hilly billy living in a log cabin or something and if you cross onto his property he comes out with a shotgun and starts shooting.

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing about about racecarlock. The reason I viewed this thread was to see if he had already commented

Am_I_The_Attack

Ya i think that'll be cool becuase its like rp, but at the same time a lot of people just play gta to crash and stuff.

Revolution-XW
I seriously have no idea if you guys are trolling or not ? I really hope you guys are trolling because if you're not you really need to get a life. No disrespect but if you want all this crap I gotta ask is it a video game you want ? Or are you trying to replace you're real life with a video game ? I've spent hours on end playing gta. Never once did I think.

"You know what would make this game fun not being able to doing anything and all ways having the cops chase you"

You guys need to think about what you're asking for. Play driver parrell lines. That game is hell to play but you guys would like it. Because you can't do anything that won't result in police chasing you. I had to put in like 5 cheats just to play that broken down piece of sh*t they claimed was an open world game

This. icon14.gif

It's just hard sometimes to actually believe it.

facedesk.gif

@OP, no thanks buddy.

Say no more.

Sure. So if I key or shoot my girlfriends car after I dump her I'll have to buy a suit, a lawyer and possibly get sued for repairs.

OR perhaps I can kill someone, dump their body in a river, then after about 7 months in game of investigation they'll find out it was me, then I'll go to jail for 25 years, accidentally drop the soap multiple times, then when I get out, the current mission-giver said "Oh well, I guess he's not coming so screw it" leaving me with no main story to do a beard, and the nickname "Tighty".

spiderman3000

There's already a game out there that has all these things. Its called "Get a life"

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

No. I've played Driver, and having all of these laws would be annoying as hell.

Applying more laws to the pedestrians would be neat though. In IV, Rockstar did this by allowing police to arrest pedestrians for fighting, shooting, etc. So it would be nice to see cops arrest pedestrians/give citations for other things in V, such as hitting a police car or running a red light. Another thing that I would like to see is when cops come to arrest a pedestrian, sometimes the pedestrian will run to their vehicle and take off, resulting in a police chase.

GTA36362355

Simulation is boring.

edit:

"Back in the BMG office, Sam and the others booted up Race 'n' Chase. There was just one problem: the game kind of sucked."

"Senior producer Gary Penn—a former journalist with a streak of Johnny Rotten and a taste for bright green socks—felt dejected. “This is a f*cking simulation,” he said, bemoaning the game's “stupid details.” Up in Dundee at DMA, the developers were starting to agree. By casting the player as the cop, they realized, they had cut out the fun. Some dismissed it as Sims Driving Instructor.

When an unruly gamer tried to drive his police car on the sidewalk or through traffic lights, a persnickety programmer reminded him that the stop lights needed to be obeyed. Were they building a video game or a train set? Even worse, the pedestrians milling around the game created frustrating obstacles. It was almost impossible to drive fast without taking people down, and, because the player was a cop, he had to be punished for hit-and-runs.

Race 'n' Chase hit a road block. There was just no way to have a fast and furious arcade-style game while playing by the rules. The DMAers stared at the screen, as the cars and the people raced around. Maybe there was another solution, they realized. Instead of having to avoid all of the pedestrians, what if you got points for running them over? What if you were the bad guy instead?"

Race 'n' Chase was the base on which first GTA was made when Sam Houser took over it.

GTA has started with the above mentioned philosphy. Simulating the real world and it's rules would make the game boring.

They can obviously make it harder to commit crimes but...

"Like trespassing? The owner calls cops and he comes to fine you and you can run away and get chased?

Have your car towed and have to get it from the lot and pay a fine?"

...That's not GTA.

Edited by deepthroatgta6

"Back in the BMG office, Sam and the others booted up Race 'n' Chase. There was just one problem: the game kind of sucked."

"Senior producer Gary Penn—a former journalist with a streak of Johnny Rotten and a taste for bright green socks—felt dejected. “This is a f*cking simulation,” he said, bemoaning the game's “stupid details.” Up in Dundee at DMA, the developers were starting to agree. By casting the player as the cop, they realized, they had cut out the fun. Some dismissed it as Sims Driving Instructor.

When an unruly gamer tried to drive his police car on the sidewalk or through traffic lights, a persnickety programmer reminded him that the stop lights needed to be obeyed. Were they building a video game or a train set? Even worse, the pedestrians milling around the game created frustrating obstacles. It was almost impossible to drive fast without taking people down, and, because the player was a cop, he had to be punished for hit-and-runs.

Race 'n' Chase hit a road block. There was just no way to have a fast and furious arcade-style game while playing by the rules. The DMAers stared at the screen, as the cars and the people raced around. Maybe there was another solution, they realized. Instead of having to avoid all of the pedestrians, what if you got points for running them over? What if you were the bad guy instead?"

Link? Not because I don't believe you. It's because I want to go read the rest of it.

I honestly wouldn't mind an option for this in the menu to turn on or off. Sometimes driving around town in IV I honestly will laugh to myself how you get away with some stuff when it comes to driving.