Fast draws and take downs... The same?

DRN94

Remember when you'd disarm someone? Imagine if you could disarm like THIS ...

I think this would make melee disarm take downs much more useful and more fun to do. It seems like it could easily implemented into the current melee control. The whole idea of pretending to be harmless and then ruthlessly killing someone threatening you is just pure bad@ssery!

ScorpDaMonk

it would most def be awsome to have some way to disarm someone such as a cop in V. In IV you couldn't do jack sh*tt with your fists when going against a cop, you would keep gettin hit wit shots until u knocked his ass to the ground, and considering they start shooting you immediately when you try to run

Yeah it'd be good if they finally included it. In IV all you could do was try run up and punch them, and if they didn't pistol-whip you to death first, you'd be lucky to grab their gun and see them run away. In RDR you could do it (to an extent) You just shot the rifle outta their hands and they took out a pistol (that seemed to be glued to their hand)

I think this would make melee disarm take downs much more useful and more fun to do. It seems like it could easily implemented into the current melee control. The whole idea of pretending to be harmless and then ruthlessly killing someone threatening you is just pure bad@ssery!

Eh, that wasn't much of a disarm. He just slapped the gun down and shot him.

Remember when you'd disarm someone?  Imagine if you could disarm like THIS ...

I think this would make melee disarm take downs much more useful and more fun to do.  It seems like it could easily implemented into the current melee control.  The whole idea of pretending to be harmless and then ruthlessly killing someone threatening you is just pure bad@ssery!

Eh, that wasn't much of a disarm. He just slapped the gun down and shot him.

I'm saying they could be the "same". Depending on the situation there could be different outcomes and animations to go along. You can either disarm the guy and shoot him really fast or you could disarm him temporarily and draw your own gun and shoot him. It could be a "fast draw holster" you can buy at a store that enables the move to be possible. Obviously not anyone can fast draw so maybe it's a learned skill upon completing a course at a shooting range or something. If RPG style skills are back I think gunplay would be one of the skills. Just a thought.

By the way Rockstar did indeed watch COLLATERAL and made Max Payne in MP3 have the same outfit Tom Cruise is wearing in the video... If anyone noticed that. So Rockstar is obviously aware of the bad@ssery we have just witnessed.

Dragonjack

Rockstar should really put this in Grand Theft Auto V it would be epic in a mission like that. icon14.gif

Edited by Dragonjack
user posted image

Slightly off topic -- in the final mission, there was something like that in Mafia 2.