Louie

assmillk

So, i just finished the premier of season 3 of louie. I can say that after finishing season 2, it's easily my current favorite. Any one else watch this show and care to share opinions or thoughts on the premier of season 3? The premier was definitely weird though, i had no idea what the crushing of his car was about, other than adding to how miserable his life ends up being sometimes, but I guess it makes sense since the whole show is the same way. If you haven't seen this show yet i definitely recommend it.

Edited by assmillk

What the hell? Season three has premiered? When? Tonight? Gadammit, why didn't I know about this?!?!

Louie is pretty good.

sometimes it's hilarious, sometimes it's so-so.

but in general Louis C.K. is one of the funniest people alive so I always recommend it icon14.gif

I wish it were on HBO instead of just FX too. it would let them push the envelope more, get away with more.

i like Louie but as the other guy said, sometimes its extremely funny and other times its kinda dark humored & serious. First season was better then the 2nd in my opinion but haven't checked the 3rd one yet

Brown Sugar

I f*cking love the dark and honest comedy style of Louis CK, Louie is definitely one of the best comedy shows I've ever seen. Will season 3 be coming on in the uk though, I don't think the first 2 were so I had to download them all.

I f*cking love the dark and honest comedy style of Louis CK, Louie is definitely one of the best comedy shows I've ever seen. Will season 3 be coming on in the uk though, I don't think the first 2 were so I had to download them all.

I love dark comedy as well, his standup is more dark than his show and really gets in touch with some f*cked up thoughts that we all have from time to time, it's very Carlin influenced. I'm mad I missed the premiere of season 3 though, guess I better hurry up and watch it illegally while I still can

Mister Pink

Haven't heard of this but am a fan of Louis CK. Will check it out. icon14.gif

• 5 weeks later...
Brown Sugar

Just watched the last episode and holy sh*t was it funny, by far the best of the series, lots of good cameos and that Never kid was a f*cking c*ntbag.

The Artie Lange cameo was amazing. And Louis' agent is always great.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's episode was quality, I loved his dad phobia and how it was never fully explained or fleshed out what the f*ck the problem with his father was. Also his random ass getaway from Boston was fantastic, you know his father will never be mentioned or talked about again because of the nature of the show, or if he is brought back up it'll be in a completely different capacity. I love the non continuity of the show, it makes it even funnier to me.

Exkabewbikadid

Tonight's episode was quality, I loved his dad phobia and how it was never fully explained or fleshed out what the f*ck the problem with his father was. Also his random ass getaway from Boston was fantastic, you know his father will never be mentioned or talked about again because of the nature of the show, or if he is brought back up it'll be in a completely different capacity. I love the non continuity of the show, it makes it even funnier to me.

Yes, this was a great episode. I think his issues with his dad were exemplified in the way he treated his own daughter at the beginning of the show, unknowingly making the same mistakes his father made with him. By yelling at his 6-year old daughter and telling her to do her homework, he completely overlooked and negatively reinforced her musical talent, and chances are, Louie's father completely overlooked and probably discouraged his talent as a comedian. This likely led to Louie's feelings of anxiety and alienation from his father much in the same way his daughter will likely grow up to feel distant and alienated from him. Basically it showed a continuing cycle of sh*tty parenting being passed along.

oQywcQM.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Exkabewbikadid

Anyone watch last night's episode? I was surprised to see David Lynch guest starring and his scenes felt like something straight out of one of his movies. And there was a gun in his desk drawer, haha. Great stuff.

It kinda bums me out that more people here don't watch this show. Not only is it incredibly funny with a total disregard for trivial continuity, it also has a lot of beautiful cinematography.

oQywcQM.jpg

It was awesome. At first I was like, "where do I recognize this guy from...?" and then when he opened the drawer, "oh, it's David Lynch." Stoked about the last two episodes. The next one could be this huge, introspective piece on Louie's entire life and the one after that could just be dick jokes for 21 minutes.

lovelovelove this show.

Yq5y51Y.png

So I just finished watching the entire first season. Gonna start on the second one soon.

Gotta say, I love how the show can be quite hilarious without trying so hard to be funny. That airport episode is a good example of this. From that taxi scene to the secuirity scene, it's just... comedy without being a comedy. Ah can't really find the right words for it.

I never thought there would be such a heartwarming show with so much dick jokes. Love it.

I love the nonsensical things about this show, like how you're just supposed to just accept that the mother of his children is black/puerto rican (?) yet his kids are daywalkers and also that his agent, Doug, is like 16 years old. The sh*t that's never explained always cracks me up.

Exkabewbikadid

Yeah, I like how his ex-wife is mysteriously black in this third season when there was an episode in the first season in which he was obsessed with the idea of f*cking a black woman. It kinda reminds me of one of Louie's old skits in which he says, "It's like God is running out of extras in the movie of your life. Man: I was just the guy on the bus though. God: Doesn't matter, just put a hat on and start jogging." All these little quirks and discontinuities just make it that much more entertaining.

oQywcQM.jpg

I wish they would have run these three "Late Night" episodes as one hour and a half episode one week. Didn't they do that with the Iraq episodes last season?

Exkabewbikadid
I wish they would have run these three "Late Night" episodes as one hour and a half episode one week. Didn't they do that with the Iraq episodes last season?

The Duckling episode was an hour long, but they probably didn't split it into two episodes because there was really no good place to do that. FX probably wasn't gonna go for a 90 minute slot though. But I like how he didn't use the opening theme and instead shows himself stretching and jogging through NYC for the second part intro. There's some really cool shots of NY in this show.

oQywcQM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd say that last episode, which was the last of the series was probably one of the best. The opening scene which shows him looking all miserable and bored then pans out to reveal the fact it's christmas and his kids are opening presents was priceless, also, the hospital scene was kind of a kick in the balls, I didn't know whether to laugh or feel f*cking depressed.

I loved the ending of the third late night episode. The scene were Louie starts performing for David Lynch, makes a bunch of weird noises and moves, and then Lynch just says, "You just bought yourself five more days." was great. Especially when it ends with a reveal of Doug sitting there the whole time. And Louie being "dead" to Letterman was a funny twist on reality.

Well, I'd say that last episode, which was the last of the series was probably one of the best. The opening scene which shows him looking all miserable and bored then pans out to reveal the fact it's christmas and his kids are opening presents was priceless, also, the hospital scene was kind of a kick in the balls, I didn't know whether to laugh or feel f*cking depressed.

Some people use the word "series" to say "season", but in case you literally thought the last episode was the end of the show - it's not. Louie was renewed for a fourth season around halfway through the third one

G1T

Some people use the word "series" to say "season", but in case you literally thought the last episode was the end of the show - it's not. Louie was renewed for a fourth season around halfway through the third one

Yeah we just use "series" instead of "season" in the uk, I'm looking forward to the next one.