PLEASE HELP! Game Wont Start

purepk911

Hey, I am having a problem with San Andreas. My game keeps crashing every time I try to start it and it says no error just goes back to my desktop. I already try to delete the gta.set file in User Files, I tried running in Windows 98 compatibility mode but still crashes I even did a full reinstall of the game deleted everything related to SA and still had the same problem. I also try to play the game in my laptop and it work fine so the game is not a problem. I can play any other game fine like League of Legends with require better graphics than SA fine. The game work fine before just out of no where it started doing this and now I cant get it to start! Please help!

Can you tell if installing this patch works? It's the V1.1.

Besides, where have you got the game from? Do you have any mods installed?

Dead (Retired)

Can you tell if installing this patch works? It's the V1.1.

Besides, where have you got the game from? Do you have any mods installed?

I cant update, it says cannot find old file something like that. I have the game from my friend and no I did not have any mods install.

Can you tell me what OS you use? And what version? V1 or V2? You might need to downgrade.

Dead (Retired)

Can you tell me what OS you use? And what version? V1 or V2? You might need to downgrade.

I use Windows Vista 64bit but the game played fine 2 days ago and I haven't done any updates

Oh, so the game did work on this PC? Have you tried re-installing the game?

Dead (Retired)

Oh, so the game did work on this PC? Have you tried re-installing the game?

Yes I did a complete uninstall of the game and did a fresh install but still the game wont start

Try following these steps:

1) Uninstall San Andreas.

2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder.

5) Reboot.

6) Reinstall San Andreas.

Dead (Retired)

lil weasel

So the Game works on your laptop?

How did you install the game?

Are you playing with the Original DVD in the Drive?

The Version number (of V2) will show on the lower right of the Menu screen.

The Version number (V2) will also be printed on the Disc and Box.

Try following these steps:

1) Uninstall San Andreas.

2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder.

5) Reboot.

6) Reinstall San Andreas.

Tried that and still does not work, The game is in a USB. I have play the game before alot! Just like 2 days ago it stop working for some reason

lil weasel

We can't help with Pirate Games.

I suggest you purchase the DVD (V2).

And after installing properly if you play with that DVD in the Drive you should not have problems.

As you can see, hours can be spent trying to fix problems with pirate installations, that have NO fix.