GTA V Trademark Publication for Opposition

GroomLake51

GroomLake51

**Title should read "published" not "publication" ... oops.

I'm no lawyer, but I'm wondering if anyone [with a mind] or well-versed with copyright/TM law can explain the noted date below. From the research I've done, it basically means it's being published in the USTPO official gazette.

This falls on a Tuesday. Possibility for more information? Just thought I'd bring it up.

user posted image

Its just the next stage of the trademark registration, they are getting close to the end though maybe just over a month away and I wonder if this is what they are waiting for before they can start the marketing campaign.

PUBLICATION FOR OPPOSITION

If the examining attorney raises no objections to registration, or if the applicant overcomes all objections, the examining attorney will approve the mark for publication in the Official Gazette , a weekly publication of the USPTO.

The USPTO will send a NOTICE OF PUBLICATION to the applicant stating the date of publication. Any party who believes it may be damaged by registration of the mark has thirty (30) days from the publication date to file either an opposition to registration or a request to extend the time to oppose. An opposition is similar to a proceeding in a federal court, but is held before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, a USPTO administrative tribunal. If no opposition is filed or if the opposition is unsuccessful, the application enters the next stage of the registration process. A Certificate of Registration will issue for applications based on use, or a Notice of Allowance will issue for intent-to-use applications.

Death2Drugs

Although this does seem interesting, I'll doubt this before I get my hopes up.

this is in regard to the V and the ribbon and words in it.... so does that now mean gtav.net (and others using it ...)are using someone elses trademark?

this is in regard to the V and the ribbon and words in it.... so does that now mean gtav.net (and others using it ...)are using someone elses trademark?

no it hasnt been TM'd yet.

its up for opposition, so say that you had already made this logo, you could oppose it, then they would have to change it.

Also it takes a month for the opposition process to end, so in reality they cant release a drop of info incase someone opposes it, and they would have to change it.

come to think of it......would this not be number 1 on the production list??

maybe they HAVE only started making the game...

I do have a life you sad c*nt as if i give a f*ck about your ban, you can stick you know where.

Lets see how much of a life you actually have.

Regards,

G

leftnutmystery

If they just started this game I swear on my teddy bear I will go to R* north in new york and destroy the place like that dude did to the t-mobile store lol

original date nov 3 2011 remember this is just copyright for logo and banner

Original Light

July 10th is a tuesday.

We all know that trailers/info are usually released on tuesdays.

But, as we all know, nothing will probably happen.

So they filed for TM the day after releasing the trailer? Wonder if someone silpped up?

So they are renewing there copyright for the imagery for July 10th.

Surely this means something is going to become openly available for public viewing on that date?

*Edit - I just read about it, it is the expiry date for people to oppose the copyright they are trying to accomplish. Basically, if they stole your logo you have until 10th of July to get them for it.

Edited by Dystopia