Regenerating Health?

Elyobo893

Regenerating Health in GTA V  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Regenerating Health in GTA V

• Yes, I hate searching for health and hot dog vendors.
    • No, I don't want it to conform to modern games.

StateofMind15
It depends. If we can increase our overall health like in old GTAs, I wouldn't want health to regen. Otherwise, yeah, I really liked it in RDR.

This, RDR did health perfectly and as LA Noire and MP3 also have it, GTA V will most probably have it too.

If it has health regen it won't feel like GTA

It depends. If we can increase our overall health like in old GTAs, I wouldn't want health to regen. Otherwise, yeah, I really liked it in RDR.

This, RDR did health perfectly and as LA Noire and MP3 also have it, GTA V will most probably have it too.

GTA's always had health regen, you just needed to be the one to initiate it, if you've played RDR you'll know that no matter what R* do it'll feel right.

StateofMind15

GTA's always had health regen, you just needed to be the one to initiate it, if you've played RDR you'll know that no matter what R* do it'll feel right.

Red Dead health regen didn't feel right at all. It didn't feel like I was playing a cowboy, also shootouts were boring as f*ck and ruined multiplayer.

Red Dead health regen didn't feel right at all. It didn't feel like I was playing a cowboy, also shootouts were boring as f*ck and ruined multiplayer.

I don't remember being able to generate health the way you say you do. I remember being on shotted from sniper rifles and shot up by people with Mausers and HPP's I'm sorry but nothing in GTA IV is as terrifying as watching your steed die in front of you because something moved on the ground.

I think they did it right as it took a while for your health to recover and only took a few shots to kill you, it made shootsouts whether they were with the Mexican Army the US Marshals or any deadly wildlife, bandits that invaded forts and tried to mow you down with cannons and Gatling guns.

GTA IV's health system can't hold a candle to that of RDR's as you gallop towards Fort Merecer explosions surround and envelop you, your horse takes the impact of a cannon blast but you barely alive roll off it gun fire and explosions all around you and you make it to cover, for you to then go into the fort and head shot the three bandits in three shots.

In RDR you're not overpowered you're just never out of the fight.

StateofMind15

I don't remember being able to generate health the way you say you do. I remember being on shotted from sniper rifles and shot up by people with Mausers and HPP's I'm sorry but nothing in GTA IV is as terrifying as watching your steed die in front of you because something moved on the ground.

I think they did it right as it took a while for your health to recover and only took a few shots to kill you, it made shootsouts whether they were with the Mexican Army the US Marshals or any deadly wildlife, bandits that invaded forts and tried to mow you down with cannons and Gatling guns.

GTA IV's health system can't hold a candle to that of RDR's as you gallop towards Fort Merecer explosions surround and envelop you, your horse takes the impact of a cannon blast but you barely alive roll off it gun fire and explosions all around you and you make it to cover, for you to then go into the fort and head shot the three bandits in three shots.

How is it terrifying? There is no adrenaline rush with health regen. It regens in 10 seconds, also it took like 6 or 7 shots that's way too much. Regen would only work if you die in 2 shots, shotguns would be 1. Otherwise shootouts be no fun just like Red Dead. There is no need for GTA to copy sh*t gameplay ideas from sh*t games. There are many games that have health regen already so play those.

How is it terrifying? There is no adrenaline rush with health regen. It regens in 10 seconds, also it took like 6 or 7 shots that's way too much. Regen would only work if you die in 2 shots, shotguns would be 1. Otherwise shootouts be no fun just like Red Dead. There is no need for GTA to copy sh*t gameplay ideas from sh*t games. There are many games that have health regen already so play those.

What game dud you play ? RDR's health system makes it so if you've been shot once you can die and you won't be able to regenerate health a few seconds after being hit, GTA's system is worse as it gives no ability to come back from low health and that wasn't "fun" it was just annoying.

And with medicine and pain killers you instantly get health back just like using a health pack, you make it seem as though the fact that in 10 seconds you can fully regenerate health is a bad thing, it's not as you'll most likely die in five after being shot, also in RDR a shotgun blast to the fact does instantly kill you

I'm beginning to doubt you've even played the game.

And yes, I really wouldn't buy GTA V if it won't correspond to my imagination.

good more for me tounge.gif

How is that more for you? You will only buy one copy of the game. Or any given number you need to. Hell, it is less for you because you lose a buyer and an online player for GTAV.

OT: No, RDR was too easy and had many ways to stay alive. Rarely did I ever get killed in it.

RDR had something GTA V never had, instant kills. GTA IV was much easier than RDR I've still yet to see someone who can "beat" The Last Enemy That Shall be Destroyed.

How can you not "beat" it? I did it and it was easy. On non-hardcore mode.

Did you play RDR?? It took about 3 or 4 shots to kill you. Or you can aim to the head and get the job done. I loved RDR online more for the fact that I can always be in a gun fight and not looking for a health pack. Maybe that's fun for you to look around for a health pack but it seem like more people loved the RDR one when playing on RDR online. But like I said why not have both???

I told you!!!GTA V looks better

on PS3

GOTY awards list:: http://gotypicks.blogspot.se/

Sunrise Driver

I was just thinking about it while I was on RDR. That game has Regenerating Health as did L.A Noire.

But MP3 doesn't. So we don't have a trend here.

I said no, but what I would like to see would be a way of carrying one or two health packs as inventory, rather than having to find them. It's pretty annoying if you're in a remote area, nowhere near any shops or vending machines.

You could even just carry around a few bags of crisps or random junk food, kind of like you can carry food in your inventory in Minecraft. biggrin.gif (No, I don't want a hunger system like Minecraft though)

The Wereodile

I voted no on health regen. GTA IV was easy enough as it was. And escaping from the cops while your health is flashing red is tense and exciting. Taking cover for a few seconds to be fully healthy again is not. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

StateofMind15

What game dud you play ? RDR's health system makes it so if you've been shot once you can die and you won't be able to regenerate health a few seconds after being hit, GTA's system is worse as it gives no ability to come back from low health and that wasn't "fun" it was just annoying.

And with medicine and pain killers you instantly get health back just like using a health pack, you make it seem as though the fact that in 10 seconds you can fully regenerate health is a bad thing, it's not as you'll most likely die in five after being shot, also in RDR a shotgun blast to the fact does instantly kill you

I'm beginning to doubt you've even played the game.

Yes I have played RDR, I never died during the story missions. It was easier than GTA IV. If you think being invincible is fun there are games out there for people like you. No need to suggest sh*tty gameplay ideas, I don't get why you want another Saints Row. Go play that.

Dr. Zoidberg

My ideal health system, with a couple of ideas from other people that have posted on here:

-Punched, Kicked, hit by a car, anything melee attacked (except stabbing and maybe burns from molotovs) that almost kills you (less than 25%), regeneration to 25%, So it regenerates to 25% of 100%, 25hp. (Acts like regaining consciousness)

-Being shot, stabbed, burned, blown up, if you survive and if health is not less than 25% it will slowly reduce to 25% (Acts like you're bleeding)

StateofMind15
My ideal health system, with a couple of ideas from other people that have posted on here:

-Punched, Kicked, hit by a car, anything melee attacked (except stabbing and maybe burns from molotovs) that almost kills you (less than 25%), regeneration to 25%, So it regenerates to 25% of 100%, 25hp. (Acts like regaining consciousness)

-Being shot, stabbed, burned, blown up, if you survive and if health is not less than 25% it will slowly reduce to 25% (Acts like you're bleeding)

This sounds better.

Seymour555
I said no, but what I would like to see would be a way of carrying one or two health packs as inventory, rather than having to find them. It's pretty annoying if you're in a remote area, nowhere near any shops or vending machines.

You could even just carry around a few bags of crisps or random junk food, kind of like you can carry food in your inventory in Minecraft. biggrin.gif (No, I don't want a hunger system like Minecraft though)

Yeh its kind of dumb in gtaIV that you can put your rocket launcher in your back pocket but u cant carry a med kit

shadyslady

like in mafia 2.

regeneration to 60%

the remaining 40 % only gets filled up by healing/sleeping/food.

• 1 year later...

Regenerating health is the worst f*cking thing in a GTA game! This is the most horrible thing that they can add to the game.

Portable health would be the best idea. For example you buy a sandwitch, and you can eat it later, when you need it. (If you complaining about limited health and if you whining because you have low health in a mission, this is the solution.) This is much better and much realistic than the bullsh*t regenerating health!