Regenerating Health?

Elyobo893

Regenerating Health in GTA V  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Regenerating Health in GTA V

• Yes, I hate searching for health and hot dog vendors.
    • No, I don't want it to conform to modern games.

StateofMind15
Regenerating health would make the gamee lose its reality.  tounge.gif

But the health system before wasn't real, neither.

It's a game. Health packs make shootouts fun.

for you...

FlavouredMilk
...something like max Payne would suffice. Only the final 25% regenerates, you still need health packs for 100%.

This.

+1

I only want health regen up to 25% and no red jelly on the screen when you get shot.

StateofMind15

for you...

So you wanna be invincible?

Play Saints Row The Third or cheat

mdniterder

Just call 911 and call for paramedics, they will heal you right up. forget driving around..

Similar system like Max Payne 3 is fine for me

UtricularEwe001

you mean taking pills???

you mean taking pills???

Yeah.. isn't that the same like in all GTA games? Except you take medi-packs instead of pills. Well.. as usual?

it should only recover for minor damage (getting punched, kicked, lightly hit by a car, falling low distances)

This icon14.gif But how about collecting and keeping medkits that you can use on the go?

Exactly this. I am ok with no health regeneration as long as I can buy and save up health kits to use when I need them. I hate having to run away from an entire mission to go find a hot dog vendor, Burger Shot, or magical health pack before resuming the action.

LET ME CARRY MEDICINE!

Regenerating health? But then there would be no need for prostitutes. sad.gif

Just kidding. I'm not against it for that reason, I just don't want it because gta has already gotten too easy.

StateofMind15
it should only recover for minor damage (getting punched, kicked, lightly hit by a car, falling low distances)

This icon14.gif But how about collecting and keeping medkits that you can use on the go?

Exactly this. I am ok with no health regeneration as long as I can buy and save up health kits to use when I need them. I hate having to run away from an entire mission to go find a hot dog vendor, Burger Shot, or magical health pack before resuming the action.

LET ME CARRY MEDICINE!

Or you can just call and ambulance or better yet don't get shot.

No.

Eating is something that adds to the atmoshere of the game.

Also what is the challenge with regenerating health?

The game is easy enough without it.

WhiskeyFoxtrot
Keep it the same as GTA IV please.

The second post, and a great one at that, pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter. cool.gif

How do I shot web

I'd rather be able to carry food, medkits, pills etc... around with my character, you can bring up an inventory menu and select whatever you want to restore your health. The amount of health restored depends on what you take, for example, using medkits and pills will restore more health than food and drinks.

Lets not get into where the protagonist is keeping all this first aid. tounge2.gif

"Once you're in hell, only the devil can help you out".

- Jigsaw

StateofMind15
I'd rather be able to carry food, medkits, pills etc... around with my character, you can bring up an inventory menu and select whatever you want to restore your health. The amount of health restored depends on what you take, for example, using medkits and pills will restore more health than food and drinks.

Lets not get into where the protagonist is keeping all this first aid. tounge2.gif

You should be able to carry 3 foods, 1 first aid, 2 drinks. Drinks would fill 25%, foods would fill 10%, first aid would fill all the way. He carries this sh*t in his pockets.

Seymour555

I think Red Dead had it spot on, I mean you would die very quickly if you stayed out in the open, whereas in gtaIV you could run around taking bullets in the chest like it was nothing.

StateofMind15
I think Red Dead had it spot on, I mean you would die very quickly if you stayed out in the open, whereas in gtaIV you could run around taking bullets in the chest like it was nothing.

RDR didnt have right at all. I never died during the story, in IV I died twice. If there is health regen you should die in 2 shots.

RockStarNiko

Here is what I would want

Green Health = 75% or higher, will slowly regenerate over time (eating food increases the regen slightly)

Orange Health = 25 - 75%, you are injured, health does not regenerate and you need to use first aid

Red Health = under 25%, you are seriously injured, only way to regain health is to visit hospital

RDR didnt have right at all. I never died during the story, in IV I died twice. If there is health regen you should die in 2 shots.

It was 3 or 2 shots in RDR depending on weapon. In multiplayer at least. I think food and health packs for story mode where difficulty is important, and in multiplayer it should be health regen, becuase multiplayer is where health regen works best. I hate it in GTAIV multiplayer when I would narrowly win a gunfight in free mode, and have to run 300 ft for a health pack and then get gunned down by somone else right when i'm about to get it. Same thing with weapons on the ground.

No please, this is not CoD and sh*t, it's GTA.

If there's health regeneration, then it's not GTA anymore...

Dragonjack

I think its perfect and its challenging to...No Regenrating Health for me (maybe a little) bored.gif

user posted image

I wouldn't mind it. Regenerating Health will probably make the game more easier? I think it would be best if they just leave it how it is in my honest opinion..

StateofMind15

It was 3 or 2 shots in RDR depending on weapon. In multiplayer at least. I think food and health packs for story mode where difficulty is important, and in multiplayer it should be health regen, becuase multiplayer is where health regen works best. I hate it in GTAIV multiplayer when I would narrowly win a gunfight in free mode, and have to run 300 ft for a health pack and then get gunned down by somone else right when i'm about to get it. Same thing with weapons on the ground.

Health regen would ruin the fun in multiplayer. I love being at low health and taking out a whole clan. It gives you an adrenaline rush. If they put regen in online then it will be ruined. I wouldn't care if it's for competitive modes though because I never play 'em.

It depends. If we can increase our overall health like in old GTAs, I wouldn't want health to regen. Otherwise, yeah, I really liked it in RDR.

This, RDR did health perfectly and as LA Noire and MP3 also have it, GTA V will most probably have it too.

And yes, I really wouldn't buy GTA V if it won't correspond to my imagination.

good more for me tounge.gif

How is that more for you? You will only buy one copy of the game. Or any given number you need to. Hell, it is less for you because you lose a buyer and an online player for GTAV.

OT: No, RDR was too easy and had many ways to stay alive. Rarely did I ever get killed in it.

And yes, I really wouldn't buy GTA V if it won't correspond to my imagination.

good more for me tounge.gif

How is that more for you? You will only buy one copy of the game. Or any given number you need to. Hell, it is less for you because you lose a buyer and an online player for GTAV.

OT: No, RDR was too easy and had many ways to stay alive. Rarely did I ever get killed in it.

RDR had something GTA V never had, instant kills. GTA IV was much easier than RDR I've still yet to see someone who can "beat" The Last Enemy That Shall be Destroyed. Anyhow GTA IV was so easy because of the lack of power the weapons had, what do I mean? Well in GTA IV someone could unload a whole SMG clip into you and you'd still be alive, in RDR standing in front of guns without Bullet Time on would be a complete death wish.

If GTA V had weapons that pack more of a punch then it'd be a much better game. Now if you still want health packs don't worry, R* figured it all out, they allowed John to take Medicine and Max to take "Payne Killers" if you'll pardon the pun I do believe that we'd get the best of both worlds in GTA V, if they follow a more RDR/MP3 route rather then the traditional one that they seem to have abandoned in recent years.

Also on a side note sort of related to the topic, do you guys think that you should be able to phone ambulances up for medical treatment like IV? I'd love if you could ransack medical vehicles like rescue choppers and ambulances for drugs/medicines.

Edited by Lightning Strike

THEMANatwar

Just no to basic health regen. Anything else could be great.

"Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better stay still for awhile and wait for my wounds to magically disappear."

I think that this can tell you all.

The biggest problem when you play GTA is stay alive.

You need a car? Take it

You need weapons? Go to Ammunation

You need make money? Play a mission

But when you have 10% of health, is not fun just wait.

Fun is run with the police behind you looking for a Cluckin Bell. biggrin.gif