Regenerating Health?

Elyobo893

Regenerating Health in GTA V  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Regenerating Health in GTA V

• Yes, I hate searching for health and hot dog vendors.
    • No, I don't want it to conform to modern games.

shadyslady

regenerating but different:

1st: it's not that i hate to search for health packs but it's ridiculous if your energy is in the red, you run run run, kill kill kill and all of a sudden get hit just a little, like, by a fist or a slowly driving vehicle and you're DEAD.

the health shall regenerate, but if you're wounded, it shall only regenerate to a certain level. like in mafia 2.

in this case, health packs and eating would still make sense.

Seymour555

Regenerating health is much more realistic than eating a pretzel to heal a bullet wound. Its time for a change

Regenerating health is much more realistic than eating a pretzel to heal a bullet wound. Its time for a change

Regen health being more realistic than eating to gain health/energy? I didn't know we were all descendants of Wolverine! sigh.gif

My god, for all of you who want health regen in GTA are either really bad at this game or a little kid.

Adding regen would remove the purpose of health packs, food vendors, burgershot, cluckin bell and so on... why even make an enterable interior for PizzaThis! if your health is going to regen anyway? who are you buying food for, wolverine? Is the protag an x-men? Next you want clothes with perks sarcasm.gif

Besides, struggling to look for health is part of the adrenaline rush knowing any stray bullet could end it all. With regen i would just run behind a car and wait for 5 seconds and continue rampaging (just like i would with the health cheat suicidal.gif). I swear this generation wants everything handed to them even gameplay mechanics. Health regen, Auto-aim, GPS. Come on guys, wheres the strategy? You guys would never be able to handle 90s RPGs.

shadyslady
My god, for all of you who want health regen in GTA are either really bad at this game or a little kid.

Adding regen would remove the purpose of health packs, food vendors, burgershot, cluckin bell and so on... why even make an enterable interior for PizzaThis! if your health is going to regen anyway? who are you buying food for, wolverine? Is the protag an x-men? Next you want clothes with perks sarcasm.gif

Besides, struggling to look for health is part of the adrenaline rush knowing any stray bullet could end it all. With regen i would just run behind a car and wait for 5 seconds and continue rampaging (just like i would with the health cheat suicidal.gif). I swear this generation wants everything handed to them even gameplay mechanics. Health regen, Auto-aim, GPS. Come on guys, wheres the strategy? You guys would never be able to handle 90s RPGs.

you are obviously not understanding that there is more than black and white.

option 1: regenerating until it's full

option 2: no regenerating like in previous GTAs

option 3: ta-da-da-da!

regenerating til a certain level, just like in mafia 2. it's the best compromise!

shadyslady

No regenerating heath. No b-b-b-bloody screen. GTA has to stay GTA.

i'm glad rockstar mentions the BOLD NEW DIRECTION and with red dead and max payne (in multiplayer) having regenerating health, GTA V will most likely have it, too. tounge2.gifcolgate.gif

i'm glad rockstar mentions the BOLD NEW DIRECTION and with red dead and max payne (in multiplayer) having regenerating health, GTA V will most likely have it, too. tounge2.gifcolgate.gif

No, it will not !

shadyslady

No, it will not !

oh, you know that? well, you don't and judging from recent titles, it will regenerate! tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

_GTAFREAK_

No, just leave it as it is. Otherwise, GTA is going to become a 18 age rated game with the same level of difficulty of a flash game...

shadyslady
No, just leave it as it is. Otherwise, GTA is going to become a 18 age rated game with the same level of difficulty of a flash game...

everyone against regenerating health, don't you understand that this won't make the game easier?!?!

in mafia 2 you can die right away, just like in max payne or red dead. two-three shots, dead, headshot, dead.

remember:

regenerating til a certain level, just like in mafia 2. it's the best compromise!

No regenarating health, older gta's didn't have this feature and no one complained it was to hard and no one needed this feature.

shadyslady
No regenarating health, older gta's didn't have this feature and no one complained it was to hard and no one needed this feature.

time for a change then! monocle.gificon14.gif

everyone against regenerating health, don't you understand that this won't make the game easier?!?!

in mafia 2 you can die right away, just like in max payne or red dead. two-three shots, dead, headshot, dead.

remember:

I liked how the Getaway did it, health would slowly regen but you weren't superman. You could die from a single headshot.

I guess people hate the idea because they have a superiority complex, they do not play games for the fun factor, it is instead made to be a challenge.

Dont get me wrong, a challenge is good sometimes but having a small bump end your life whilst looking to increase your health is just down right irritating.

Like the previous posters, We arent looking for a FULL health regen, just enough to get to a health pack or miracle food that can remove bullets from your chest.

No, it would make GTA to easy.

Some games are better for it but it's not suited to GTA, it's nice to have a bit of a challenge.

Dont get me wrong though im not for this 1 shot and your dead game play, IV's player damage was fine - no need to change it.

I hate having to run halfway back through a level to get a health pack then turn around and head all the way back to the action.

Health packs force the games action to be balanced with available health packs/armor and such. Regenerating health allows 'harder' and more action packed scenarios I think, and the action break to regen health isn't near as bad as having to backtrack across levels for 5-10 minutes searching for health packs.

As far as the games bein g to easy with regen health, the developers can add difficulty settings. To to guy that said RDR was too easy, turn up difficulty. GTAs used health packs in the past, but had only one difficulty setting. They can add regen health and multiple settings.

Has there ever been a game to offer the option for old style health packs and regen health? Maybe developers could have that in games, where regen health is the 'casual' setting and health pack use could be the more difficult setting. Everyone wins then biggrin.gif

...something like max Payne would suffice. Only the final 25% regenerates, you still need health packs for 100%.

This.

And this.

MIKON8ERISBACK

Theres gotta be a way to introduce some of this new stuff without making it resemble the Call of Duty series too much. Call it the "happy medium". When I played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for the first time, I wondered why the f*ck I didn't die so quickly. There were was my answer smile.gif

cherrycola

There seems to be a general consensus that regenerating health is something new, that came with better hardware. This is simply not true. It's very simple to code regenerating health, it can be done on old 486 computers, or a even wrist watch. Regenerating health is the result of gamers becoming more casual and lazy than they used to be. Nobody tolerates deaths anymore, nobody wants to look for aid, they just want to push the action button and watch explosions, uninterrupted.

I agree with the Max Payne/Mafia II regeneration. Health recovers only a bit, but not fully. Going to sleep/ambulance/health packs/payne killers/eating will help you recover to full extent.

Keep it as GTA IV please and not any other game

I prefer having in-game cheats for health etc, than having regenerating health.

But the thing I would prefer in GTA V is the good ol' fashioned money cheat, nothing can beat the $250,000 cheat being used every second in GTA

Edited by HeNDo6750

it should only recover for minor damage (getting punched, kicked, lightly hit by a car, falling low distances)

I agree with that idea. I hated loosing health and then having to go to a vendor or fast food restaurant to repair that tiny bit of damage. I also think that if your health is critical it should regenerate just to the point were you can be comfortable. Basically I mean when your health is red it should heal to the point where it becomes green again which is roughly 25% or Maybe even all the way to 50% then you have to eat something as usual. This health regen thing will also help with when your drunk and you keep falling over.

nobody wants to look for aid, they just want to push the action button and watch explosions, uninterrupted.

icon14.gif Yup

I know I fall under that. I'm not a kid anymore with limitless time where I can replay the same level a hundred times due to dying. I got a job, wife, aggrevating kids, so I need explosions to come quick and some sort of progress to be made before the next time my kids come thudding down the steps to tell me their hungry or they wanna play now.

Thus my vote for regenerating health turn.gif

Regenerating health would make the gamee lose its reality. tounge.gif

Also it would make the game too easy...

Regenerating health would make the gamee lose its reality. tounge.gif

But the health system before wasn't real, neither.

StateofMind15

I can't believe people actually want health regeneration. That's what ruined Max Payne 3's multiplayer. It ruined RDR's shootouts. It will probably ruin GTA too. If you want boring gunplay go play Saints Row The Third.

And please no health regeneration in multiplayer.

If you seriously want health regen just go play Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Saints Row The Third, RDR. GTA doesn't need to copy other games.

perhapshere
I can't believe people actually want health regeneration. That's what ruined Max Payne 3's multiplayer. It ruined RDR's shootouts. It will probably ruin GTA too. If you want boring gunplay go play Saints Row The Third.

And please no health regeneration in multiplayer.

If you seriously want health regen just go play Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, Saints Row The Third, RDR. GTA doesn't need to copy other games.

Exacty my opinion too, thank you for that post. icon14.gif