Regenerating Health?

Elyobo893

Regenerating Health in GTA V  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Regenerating Health in GTA V

• Yes, I hate searching for health and hot dog vendors.
    • No, I don't want it to conform to modern games.

StateofMind15
Red Dead Redemption was boring because of health regen, so no I never ever want it unless we get those things above too.

Stop lying, you did NOT play RDR and you know it you are just hating on it because it didn't come out for your precious PC

OT: hell no, GTA is very easy as it's, regenerating health will make it even easier and i don't want that

I did play Red Dead

Also I mostly game on PS3. So yes I did play it for about 3 months, then it got boring.

GarrowsKai
Red Dead Redemption was boring because of health regen, so no I never ever want it unless we get those things above too.

Stop lying, you did NOT play RDR and you know it you are just hating on it because it didn't come out for your precious PC

OT: hell no, GTA is very easy as it's, regenerating health will make it even easier and i don't want that

I did play Red Dead

Also I mostly game on PS3. So yes I did play it for about 3 months, then it got boring.

It got boring only after 3 months? ANY game will get boring after playing it for a quarter of a year, health regen has nothing to do it with.

StateofMind15

I did play Red Dead

It got boring only after 3 months? ANY game will get boring after playing it for a quarter of a year, health regen has nothing to do it with.

I haven't got bored of San Andreas

I just got bored of GTA IV 3 days ago.

Health regen made shootouts boring which gave less to do.

GarrowsKai

I did play Red Dead

I haven't got bored of San Andreas

I just got bored of GTA IV 3 days ago.

Health regen made shootouts boring which gave less to do.

Only 3 days ago!? That's a lucky coincidence!

I did play Red Dead

You're in the minority. Most people who played the game loved it.

StateofMind15

I did play Red Dead

It was good but the game didn't have as much to do as GTA IV.

GarrowsKai

I did play Red Dead

Seriously? I'd say RDR has more to do, with hunting and searching for treasure etc. Sure the map isn't as busy as GTA but it's far more fun to explore and stuff.

StateofMind15

I did play Red Dead

Seriously? I'd say RDR has more to do, with hunting and searching for treasure etc. Sure the map isn't as busy as GTA but it's far more fun to explore and stuff.

The treasure searching was fun. But hunting wasn't that great.

el_roy1985
...something like max Payne would suffice. Only the final 25% regenerates, you still need health packs for 100%.

This.

Agreed.

That way it's not an unfair advantage, yet gives you enough to have a slightly better chance when you make a mad dash for health.

Gtaghost22

I did play Red Dead

You can't be serious? Rdr had so much content in it, from hunting animals, gang hideouts to random encouters and strangers missions, don't tell me you got bored of those quickly

BirthOfMayhem

I think it should be able to regen, but the time it takes to regen would be long enough to not effect immediate action. I think it should regenerate a little bit (maybe 1/4 heath) every in game hour the player has not taken ANY damage. Therefor players would have 'naturally' healing wounds but would not be able to interfere in firefights by regenerating to full like CoD.

I voted for health regen. That makes the game more like the movies.

But neglecting the automatic health regen mechanism -- since a couple of hot dogs can get us back to full health, it would be good if we could carry a couple of extra hot dogs with us, when going in to clean out a drug lair full of 15 or 20 gun-wielding stooges.

Or, one grand tradition in GTA games is that the player can regenerate his health by consorting with a prostitute. So, if I am going on a dangerous mission, I would like to be able to pick up a girl, drive to the scene of the conflict, and she would stay in the car even if I get out (maybe I gotta pay extra for that). Then if my health is getting low, I would run back out to the car for a quickie, and recharge before I go back into the battle.

EDIT: Or maybe you could bring the girl with you to the shootout, and if you are taking hits while shooting from cover, you can pay her for BJs as needed to keep your health up while you continue to gun down the crowd of thugs in your way. That would be like "tank and spank" in MMORPGs. And it would make a hell of game poster biggrin.gif almost as classy as Duke Nukem ....

Edited by saintsrow

Grand Cannon

No health regen please. However, I do like BirthOfMayhem's idea about regenerating some health after a couple in game hours.

No health regen please. However, I do like BirthOfMayhem's idea about regenerating some health after a couple in game hours.

But that is what food is for. I'd much rather prefer full health to regenerate only at the start of a mission.

Verdant Meadows Pedestrian

Red dead hasn't exactly "regenerating health", it's just that if you spend too much time uncovered you'll die, but still I don't like that in a GTA.

G1T

iCaramelBird

I think they should regen the last 20% of your health. But you need to go searching for med-packs (Which should be available either finding in alleyways or hidden places, or gunstores or shops.) Also food should only regenerate 10% of your health. Not all of it!

monsterjamp

I want regenerating health but only up to 25% and it should take 10 min to regenerate. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

StateofMind15

I did play Red Dead

You can't be serious? Rdr had so much content in it, from hunting animals, gang hideouts to random encouters and strangers missions, don't tell me you got bored of those quickly

The hunting was fun for a bit, gang hideouts got in the way when I was exploring, the random encounters got annoying after doing over 50. I liked the stranger missions but I never really liked doing side missions much in any game. I loved the wanted missions though. This is very off-topic so let's stop this argument.

No, what exactly is wrong with the old system?

Lock n' Stock

I want regenerating health, can't believe most people think otherwise. I hate having to look for health packs or anything else that you use to regain health. Maybe it should regenerate really slow though (like in Skyrim probably) for realistic effect.

I did play Red Dead

I think he means the potential to make your own fun situations, the lack of vehicles took allot of the possibilities out of RDR free roam. Lets say they made a game set in RDR's map but say 70+ years in the future, people would be driving their cars off cliffs, drag racing, base jumping out of helicopters etc. For a while I couldn't put my finger on why RDR didn't click for me but now I've realised horses just aren't as fun a vehicles.

StateofMind15
I want regenerating health, can't believe most people think otherwise. I hate having to look for health packs or anything else that you use to regain health. Maybe it should regenerate really slow though (like in Skyrim probably) for realistic effect.

There's an easy fix for this, get better and don't get shot. Health regen would make shootouts boring, which is one of the main things in GTA.

ChillyPhilly

I wouldn't mind and would quite like it if only the first 25% of health would regenerate.

i am an onion

I was playing RDR the other day, and was thinking how much more rewarding it would have been if it had a health bar.

So no.

I don't see a reason for regenerating health in GTA V.

It was needed in RDR because of the setting. You're often out in the middle of nowhere and have enough to do without looking for health pickups. Whereas in GTA finding health can be part of exploring the city, and each game adds new ways to get health, GTA IV adding the 911 call to an ambulance, for example.

L.A. Noire would obviously have regenerating health because the action part of the game is optional. Die a couple times and it asks if you want to skip to the next part of the story. Solving the investigative puzzles and catching liars is the core gameplay. So I don't think it's part of any trend that might affect GTA.

Bellic 4 life
"Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better stay still for awhile and wait for my wounds to magically disappear."

Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better eat a hotdog for my wounds to magically disappear.

see how it works both ways?

There's many sh*t games that have health regen, no need to ruin GTA.

Call of Duty

Battlefield

Saints Row

Red Dead Redemption

Play one of those if you want to be invincible.

Real BF fans play hardcore.

I like Cluckin' Bell. Chicken cures the itch.

I like Burger Shot. Prevents your heart from stopping. (well....)

StateofMind15
"Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better stay still for awhile and wait for my wounds to magically disappear."

Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better eat a hotdog for my wounds to magically disappear.

see how it works both ways?

There's many sh*t games that have health regen, no need to ruin GTA.

Call of Duty

Battlefield

Saints Row

Red Dead Redemption

Play one of those if you want to be invincible.

Real BF fans play hardcore.

There was no teamwork in BF3 so I just gave up on battlefield, I was a real BF fan before they f*cked everything up.