Regenerating Health?

Elyobo893

Regenerating Health in GTA V  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Regenerating Health in GTA V

• Yes, I hate searching for health and hot dog vendors.
    • No, I don't want it to conform to modern games.

I was just thinking about it while I was on RDR. That game has Regenerating Health as did L.A Noire. Could this be a new trend for R*? What are your thoughts on the issue? smile.gif

My first topic btw. Go easy on me...

EDIT:Wow, didn't expect this much of a response! Thanks Guys! colgate.gif

Edited by Elyobo893

Paper Mario

No. I don't want regenerating health.

"Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better stay still for awhile and wait for my wounds to magically disappear."

StateofMind15

If there's health regeneration why even have health?

If there is health regen I want car damage regen, super powers, armor regen and ammo regen.

Red Dead Redemption was boring because of health regen, so no I never ever want it unless we get those things above too.

Yes please, nothing more annoying than having 1% health and dying because Niko fell over.

However, I don't want to have full regenerating health, something like max Payne would suffice. Only the final 25% regenerates, you still need health packs for 100%.

"Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better stay still for awhile and wait for my wounds to magically disappear."

Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better eat a hotdog for my wounds to magically disappear.

see how it works both ways?

Yes please, nothing more annoying than having 1% health and dying because Niko fell over.

However, I don't want to have full regenerating health, something like max Payne would suffice. Only the final 25% regenerates, you still need health packs for 100%.

I agree with your point about the damage Niko takes by getting tapped by a car. Maybe they could do away with the damage you take from insignificant falls and such

StateofMind15

Oh no, I got hit by a truck and fell on a sharp rock! I lost more than half of my health! Better eat a hotdog for my wounds to magically disappear.

There's many sh*t games that have health regen, no need to ruin GTA.

Call of Duty

Battlefield

Saints Row

Red Dead Redemption

Play one of those if you want to be invincible.

Call of Duty

Battlefield

Saints Row

Red Dead Redemption

RDR is a sh*t game??? Well I for one respect fully disagree.

Both systems are unrealistic if you think about it...

StateofMind15

Call of Duty

Battlefield

Saints Row

Red Dead Redemption

I don't want to be invincible.

Make health regen a cheat

There problem solved

I didn't mean RDR was a sh*t game

Call of Duty

Battlefield

Saints Row

Red Dead Redemption

There problem solved

well when you include it in a list that has Saints row in it i certainly thought you were implying that.

It depends. If we can increase our overall health like in old GTAs, I wouldn't want health to regen. Otherwise, yeah, I really liked it in RDR.

Call of Duty

Battlefield

Saints Row

Red Dead Redemption

There problem solved

well when you include it in a list that has Saints row in it i certainly thought you were implying that.

Saint's Row isn't even sh*t.

Well, 3 was, but 1 and 2 were great games and still are.

There's a difference between being rational and being a fanboy.

it should only recover for minor damage (getting punched, kicked, lightly hit by a car, falling low distances)

RomanLovesBowling

Oh hell no! I don't think it would work in the whole GTA concept, it works well in other games but no thanks, not GTA!

it should only recover for minor damage (getting punched, kicked, lightly hit by a car, falling low distances)

This icon14.gif But how about collecting and keeping medkits that you can use on the go?

BashirTheTrainMaster

I thought about posting a topic likes this...

I think that the armor should be added more resistance. Notice how if you are shot at, armor wears down at the same rate as health. Just cause 2 was good. It dealt with being tapped by cars and losing mass amounts of health.

...something like max Payne would suffice. Only the final 25% regenerates, you still need health packs for 100%.

This.

Jai2NyceX_X

Being low on health forces me to be extra careful about my next move. Do something I wouldn't do at full health. Makes me think. I like that aspect. So I voted for no regenerating health.

This icon14.gif But how about collecting and keeping medkits that you can use on the go?

yeah i could see them implementing a minor inventory system for things like that.

perhapshere

Never! Please don't destroy GTA completely! Better searching for hot dog vans, extra health, and so on as having health automatically regenerated!

I love the reactions of some people that think it will be the GTA Apocalypse if health regeneration was confirmed. They would probably still buy it anyways.

I love the reactions of some people that think it will be the GTA Apocalypse if health regeneration was confirmed. They would probably still buy it anyways.

lol yeah..

I just dont understand their arguments against it? If you strip it down to the "nitty gritty" it is all a time factor.

You can wait for a small portion of your health to regenerate or you can spend longer, performing an ominous task and look for health, be it in a form of a hot dog or health pack.

I found it annoying because in all my GTA stats, i've never died.. if I do die, I always reload my last save.

Its almost like saying we need to have fuel in GTA, its too unrealistic that we have an endless supply of fuel in our cars.

Also, how is eating a hotdog realistic in terms of removing those bullets in your chest?

If GTA has something like, you have to go to the hospital to get yourself fixed up, get those bullets removed and then you get full health ? Really, its the same thing as a health pack but in comparison, a health pack is less annoying.

So a minor health regeneration is essentially a health pack that took you less time to acquire.

GarrowsKai

I'd like it if the top 10% and the bottom 25% regenerated.

So, if you get punched or nudged by a car and lose health, so long as your health is still 90% or over that will regenerate back to 100% automatically, so you don't have to go and find food for only a few percent. Also, if you are down to below 25% health, you will regenerate to 25% so you still have a bit of a chance if something goes wrong. Anything else requires a health pack/food to bring it back up.

Also, I think it would be good to carry maybe two first aid kits or something that replenish 25% health each, for when missions get really tense and you're down to one quarter health while still faced with a ton of enemies, however once they're used you have to buy new ones from a shop. (And face it, if somehow a first aid kit or hotdog could magically cure gun shot wounds I'm pretty sure you'd carry a couple around, especially when you know you're going to be shot at!)

perhapshere

Oh yeah, I love this sort of posts... icon13.gif

Regenerating health would change the whole game experience and concept.

Like I did with GTA IV, if GTA V won't correspond to my imagination, I won't buy it just because it's a GTA.

Regenerating health would change the whole game experience and concept.

Like I did with GTA IV, if GTA V won't correspond to my imagination, I won't buy it just because it's a GTA.

-_- really?