2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

I don't care

mvega0422

On November 2nd 2011, my life changed.

My favorite game developer had finally released the first trailer to the next installation/sequel in my favorite video game series - (and I didn't even have to use my AK! I gotta say, today was a good day.)

After eight months without information, your fanbase is growing anxious. We've waited patiently for more information despite the fact that your company pulled a marketing maneuver called a "bait-and-switch." We waited while you advertised your switched product, and many of us even went and bought this switched product out of respect for and trust in your company. We've picked apart every single frame of your trailer, despite the fact that it wasn't released for us, it was released for fans of another open-world crime sandbox game. I've bought 135 shares of your stock, and plan to purchase more when you release more information about GTA V.

The members of this forum have tirelessly defended your company's actions despite the shoddy marketing tactic employed last November. We've continuously directed traffic at your website, Newswire, and YouTube channels. We've attempted to investigate every possible source of information due to your company's awkward silence. This year alone, we've analyzed your weak financial data, your secretive development processes, and your third-world marketing practices. We have promised our money to your company in exchange for this game, info about this game, and DLC's for this game. We've literally shown this game to thousands of people, and we've talked highly of it, in an attempt to bring its rich experiences to more people.

We've done you nothing but good, and in these past 8 months, we feel that you have not returned the respect you've been given. Please understand that you do not give your products away for free, and with over half a dozen DLC's for your newest title, your company is certainly not averse to charging extra for releasing removed parts of the game within months of the original release. Please also understand that regardless of your sales tactics, we will purchase your products. Having taken all this into consideration, I ask that you think deeply about and respond to our following statement.

Without admitting wrong or even discussing the events of the past 8 months, can you reassure us that we will receive information about GTA V before the 9th month post-trailer?

If you cannot reassure us of upcoming GTA V information, can you please address the situation and explain your actions over the last 8 months?

Respectfully yours,

The GTAForum members involved in Thread #515438

MiamiVice1984

Yea.. 8 months is way overdue. I believe its all Take2's fault becuse of that motherf*cka Strauss Zelnick! I want the old Take2 boss back ( Cant remember his name ).

BWpunisher

Was this for my letter thread? lol

I'll be adding this entire thing to it, that I'll be sending to mouthoff.

GTAxYushix

Is it me or are people going a bit over the top with V

Look, its well written, but dude calm down.

We are getting closer each day... and soon your life will be even better but for... try and forget about it.

BWpunisher

EDIT: Don't want to piss more people off/start another flame war.

Edited by BWpunisher

mooonlights
Sounds like first world problems to me. whatsthat.gif

yeah well luckily we can bitch about things like this then smile.gif

Is it me or are people going a bit over the top with V(?)

Completely. All this 'Cockstar' crap is bullsh*t.

Relax, I waited 12 f*cking years for Diablo III, we can wait 9 months for a game that could, potentially, be the best in the series.

On November 2nd 2011, my life changed.

i read this, then automatically knew not to read the rest. maybe i missed something good. maybe i didnt. i guess we will never know. but one thing i do know is that people are starting to lose it on these forums.

This is an open letter to Rockstar, sign on your support, and we'll send it to em. (I tried to cover all the bases and speak for everyone and not be a dickhead)

Honest Bill

Just to let you know that this forum is not an official R* forum. You are addressing the wrong people.

Anyway, i know everyone's a little annoyed at the long wait for info, but just think about it. The game will release when it releases all the same, your prior knowledge of it is irrelevant to the wait you will still have to face.

And when they do finally release info, you will have forgotten all about this past 8 months.

It'll be ready when it's ready.

Something is not right, I mean by now R* would be giving us new info about GTA V

The main explosion of GTA V info is not here yet. Its like a volcano, first you get a small explosion (trailer 1), then quietness, then you get the big explosion of info (trailer 2 and release date). And the other game developers would think to themselves "WTF!?, where did that come from"

BWpunisher

I sent your letter to mouthoff just now combined with additions from others who DID take my thread seriously.

Cutter De Blanc

Nothing really I can offer except my reply to them when they suggested that I "follow all future news at the Rockstar Newswire."

I said back:

"Where do you think I came from? You guys don't seem to respond to anything posted on any of the Grand Theft Auto V Newswires. I'm just wondering if something's happened internally to delay more information coming or if everything is still going as planned regarding production on the game. Is something wrong, or is this a marketing strategy?"

I have yet to recieve a reply, but it's still early, and I sent them this at the end of the business day yesterday. I doubt they'll be forthcoming with any info though.

A Nickname For All
Nothing really I can offer except my reply to them when they suggested that I "follow all future news at the Rockstar Newswire."

I said back:

"Where do you think I came from? You guys don't seem to respond to anything posted on any of the Grand Theft Auto V Newswires. I'm just wondering if something's happened internally to delay more information coming or if everything is still going as planned regarding production on the game. Is something wrong, or is this a marketing strategy?"

I have yet to recieve a reply, but it's still early, and I sent them this at the end of the business day yesterday. I doubt they'll be forthcoming with any info though.

They won't response and you know it.

Cutter De Blanc

I said back:

They won't response and you know it.

Probably not, or if they do it will be the same rhetoric we've been hearing for the past eight months. Still, it never hurts to try. smile.gif

mooonlights
I will let you guys know if they ever reply.

Something about fixing problems that will impede your fun and enjoyment with their next game? Yup. It'll be a copypasta job for sure

OP.

Pretty detailed write-up. Good stuff, hopefully someone at Rockstar eventually reads it.

We will never really know if any of this will bring about any new info or change, but hey, at least you tried.

BWpunisher
OP.

Pretty detailed write-up. Good stuff, hopefully someone at Rockstar eventually reads it.

We will never really know if any of this will bring about any new info or change, but hey, at least you tried.

It was meant for my thread but it was locked. I sent his post to R* (along with those others who replied) and I thank him and the others for taking this seriously and including a post that did not involve swearing or demands, as I am sure R* get tons of those.

Maybe they will reply, maybe they won't. I have no expectations I just wanted to send them something to their mouthoff, as that is the purpose of it and we have that right as paying customers.

People take this shlt entirely too seriously, man. It's a f*cking video game.

"My life changed forever."

Oh god I can't stop laughing.

THINE GODS HATH SHOWN THY MERCY UPON THEE. THY LIFE HATH FOREVER CHANGED FOR THY GTA V TRAILER HAD DOTH RELEASED. NO MORE SHALL THEE BE THE SAME, FOR THINE HAS HAD DOTH GAZED UPON THY HOLYNESS OF GTA V.

OP.

It was meant for my thread but it was locked. I sent his post to R* (along with those others who replied) and I thank him and the others for taking this seriously and including a post that did not involve swearing or demands, as I am sure R* get tons of those.

Maybe they will reply, maybe they won't. I have no expectations I just wanted to send them something to their mouthoff, as that is the purpose of it and we have that right as paying customers.

Yeah, its an idea.

Maybe if everyone sent emails to their mouthoff, they might take notice?

Imagine getting over 5 million emails asking for info, they would surely be hard to ignore.

BWpunisher
People take this shlt entirely too seriously, man. It's a f*cking video game.

"My life changed forever."

Oh god I can't stop laughing.

THINE GODS HATH SHOWN THY MERCY UPON THEE. THY LIFE HATH FOREVER CHANGED FOR THY GTA V TRAILER HAD DOTH RELEASED. NO MORE SHALL THEE BE THE SAME, FOR THINE HAS HAD DOTH GAZED UPON THY HOLYNESS OF GTA V.

Yeah, he has good points after that first statement tho.

Stop f*cking laughing at other members. It doesn't make you any better or more intelligent.

How many times do we have to go over this? Would you guys all rather they didn't show anything up until now? The trailer came 1 week after announcement! Do you know when we get the first trailer of IV? 10 frickin months after announcement! We had nothing in between except what engine they were "likely using". How about RDR's gap in info of 7 months. The fact is they could have easily plastered that V sign then said nothing for 10 months and release the first trailer, but no they released the trailer after 7 whole days. Look I get everyone wants info and is really excited about V and is upset about the info draught but they've already given us way more in these 8 months than we had with IV. We have a trailer, the info about crews and an unofficial release window that points to V being out at the latest by May 2013. I was actually on this forum before V was announced, you know what the type of topics there were? Topics about weather V even existed or if GTA had been cancelled altogether, just be happy we have info and know more info will come.

mooonlights
How many times do we have to go over this? Would you guys all rather they didn't show anything up until now? The trailer came 1 week after announcement! Do you know when we get the first trailer of IV? 10 frickin months after announcement! We had nothing in between except what engine they were "likely using". How about RDR's gap in info of 7 months. The fact is they could have easily plastered that V sign then said nothing for 10 months and release the first trailer, but no they released the trailer after 7 whole days. Look I get everyone wants info and is really excited about V and is upset about the info draught but they've already given us way more in these 8 months than we had with IV. We have a trailer, the info about crews and an unofficial release window that points to V being out at the latest by May 2013. I was actually on this forum before V was announced, you know what the type of topics there were? Topics about weather V even existed or if GTA had been cancelled altogether, just be happy we have info and know more info will come.

Yeah but they teased us, badly. See with GTA IV we had nothing, so we were for the most part, okay with it

BWpunisher

Yeah but they teased us, badly. See with GTA IV we had nothing, so we were for the most part, okay with it

Yes. They also said "in a few months" to us. What is stopping them from just communicating with their fans if they are not ready to reveal screenshots, more trailers or a release date? My issue IS the silence. The fact that they don't say anything or do anything. We will be paying for this and they will want our money for their product. They tell us something, and then they don't deliever. Act like it never happened. That isn't right. And it doesn't change because people keep taking it and defending R* with "STFU you're whining, crybaby" etc etc.

Yeah, they can do whatever they want. Yeah, we will still buy the game when it releases....but that doesn't make it right.