GTA IV LAGGING ON GAMMING PC

zain gul

HI GUys MY GTA iV was working fine but it starts lagging 2 days before i dont know what is the issue.

Its not that pressing button issue

I reinstalled it and updated graphics driver but nothing happened still lagging. ANy plz help me with this ?

windows 7 64bit gTx 260 4Gb ram and other games are working fine.

All I can tell you is GTAIV can be very finicky and it can pick up on anything, making you lose performance. Maybe you need the same driver version you had before, maybe there was some change in the power profiles, maybe you picked up some malware etc.

update graphic drivers and DX . check if you don't have a conflict between scripts . check also if you don't have a too greedy process running in the background while you play GTA . Cheers

I've been pulling hairs trying to get this to work properly too.

I found Windows Firewall was running even though it was only supposed to run when my other firewall was shut down, so I manually shut down windows firewall (in the services window) and it got rid of alot of the lag, seems when both were running i was having alot more prob lems.

you can use hijackthis for malwares . search a tutorial of how the stuff works in your native language . in general if you didn't do it for a while running HT makes you gain in performance . deactivate all useless windows visual effects . it can give you few fps maybe it'll not solve the problem but can makes you play meanwhile you found the prob

update graphic drivers and DX . check if you don't have a conflict between scripts . check also if you don't have a too greedy process running in the background while you play GTA . Cheers

Updating graphics driver can come with it's own problems as well

I have found on the ATI 4650 HD 1GB card, if you update to latest driver it lags the s*** out of the game

For some strange reason, it runs better on original disc with included software

Don't ask me why. it just does

I have found on the ATI 4650 HD 1GB card, if you update to latest driver it lags the s*** out of the game

don't install CCC , it's useful only for (very) high end rigs , and it's ressource eater

don't install CCC , it's useful only for (very) high end rigs , and it's ressource eater

cheers for that

But...and this may sound silly, if I do not install CCC, how would I then be able to overclock my GPU?

It has the ATI OverDrive option in there which allows you to increase / decrease GPU and Memory Clock Speeds

for the few i tried , ATI overdrive crashes . i think because of a question of temperature . the program pushes the card to its limits but then it comes inexorably a question of temperature .. and crash . and the gain is minimal . more probs than advantages

Not A single helpful post confused.gif

you don't need to complain just because the GTAF members don't have all the answers for you.