Revenge mission?

Savagemessiah

Savagemessiah

Imagine a mission that goes something like this:

You start off by driving you friend ( or whatever) to a bar for some drinks and 'such'. After a while you are suppose to go home, drunk as a skunk, and suddenly you get hit by a car that's driven by another drunk. Then it gets all black and you wake up at the hospital, in a weelchair. You are now going to get your revenge on the guy who hit you but you can't get somewhere without your wheelchair. So you're suppose to get to this guy's apartment and beat the sh*t out of him for breaking you legs biggrin.gif

Maby some better story then the one i wrote, but what do you guy's think? Could it work? A wheelchair mission colgate.gif

This is only for like a mission or two, then you can use your legs again of course!

Forgive my poor english!

your an undercover cop whos wife and child have been murdered by thugs but years later your still left haunted by the visions and dreams of the killers and their bosses who are still alive your job is to go track them down wherever possible even if its in brazil but this task is hard as your always drunk and everytime you shoot everything goes slowmo aswell as this you always distracted by phonecalls and texts of brothers or cousins whilst in midst of battle.

WhiteArcticFox

You're walking down the street eating a twinkie when all of the sudden a guy jumps out of a bush and yells "OMG HE'S GOT A RADIOACTIVE TWINKIE!!!"

He then proceeds to slam the twinkie out of your hand so it hits the ground, before you know it the guy responsible is out of your sight but you still remember his face.

So you quickly draw a stickman on your hand for no reason with the caption "Monkeys like lava lamps because the moon is yellow"

After years of trying to find the guy responsible of you not being able to enjoy that twinkie to the fullest you finally find him, but not in the way you expected, you find his name on a gravestone, how you knew his name is beyond me, you then kneel to his grave, slam your fist to the ground and yell "CURSE YOU GODZILLA!!!"

You then buy yourself a hot dog to congratulate a job well done.

am I doing this right? turn.gif

universetwisters

You build a ship called the "S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald". You feel content with your work and retire in joy.

20 years later, you find out Gordon Lightfoot sunk it so he can get song ideas. You then spend the rest 30-40 years tracking him down to kill him.

sTgL5iS.png

Dr. Zoidberg

youre an undercover cop that is signed on to take down a group of illegal street racers heisting trucks, you initiated into a tribe by getting in the head honcho's good graces saving him from a going to jail after a failed attempt at a drag race due to manifold failure. then you go to a racing event where you try to earn some cash together but as a result you made enemies with the triads. then you fall in love the tribe leader's sister and later to only find out that they were the thief's after you had to reveal to your lover who you were in order to save the tribe leader. after saving the tribe leader the triad kills one of the group members which makes everyone go crazy and it all boils down to a drag race for freedom.

Edited by Dr. Zoidberg

Savagemessiah

If you think im trolling then stop. I am not a f*cking troll. I just had a thought and wanted to share it..

But since you guy's won't give me at least your opinion then fine.. suicidal.gif

stranger44

You're a cop working for the DEA. You have a wife and a baby. You finish work for the day and smoke your last cigarette because it's "bad for the baby". You return home to find a strange graffiti tag painted on the wall of your home. It's a black syringe with 'Valkyr' painted over it. You run through your home, expecting the worst and sure enough you find your house is being invaded by junkies who have killed your wife and baby.

Stuff happens.

Later on you find yourself re-living this event in a freakish nightmare in which the corridors of your home become freakishly long and eventually lead to a trail of blood you must follow through an endless void.

Stuff happens.

You find yourself on the roof of the Aesir Corporation building after blowing up the bitch responsible for your family's murder by crushing her helicopter with a huge antenna as she tries to make her escape. You look down on the burning wreckage and say:

"They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark on everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger... and then it was over."

Let's stay on track with the OP for once. It's an interesting concept to have a persistent injury reduce the player's abilities for a short time. It might even be good for creating some awareness of the concept of empathy, which is an unknown concept to most teenagers and gamers (go ahead and flame me if you want to).

So, yes, for a couple of missions, let's say the protag has to depend on being driven around to accomplish his tasks, and has to use other resources like delegation or outwitting an opponent to cause the intended outcome. Maybe because of the injury, he does not get revenge on the guy that messed him up until after he gets better. But it would be more symbolic and satisfying to get revenge while still recovering.

When I saw the title, I thought of revenge as a missionk motivator in general, and there was certainly a good bit of that in the GTA IV storyline. I think a very successful game script would really make us feel the desire for revenge, and the frustration of delayed revenge, as an element of one mission thread.

The other aspect of the OP's concept, is that instead of seeking revenge for the sake of some innocents who were terribly wornged, in this case it is the protag who is the original victim. I think that's a good idea. Most movies and games take the cheap way out and just create some sympathetic innocent characters to sacrifice, to create the protag's motivation.

gta player13

Well,there won't be wheelchair missions,

but there will be decisions.

Just like GTA four.

You run and someone hits you with the door.

Or something like deal and revenge.Another different ending.

I am not talking sure.I am just recommending.

You become a prostitute, your career is going great, but one night some hypocrite doesn't pay you and shoots you, some crazy scientist finds your body and takes your brain. He transfer your brain to a squirel and now you need to avenge yourself, find and kill the man who didn't pay, find him, follow him, make him suffer.

Bellic 4 life
You build a ship called the "S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald". You feel content with your work and retire in joy.

20 years later, you find out Gordon Lightfoot sunk it so he can get song ideas. You then spend the rest 30-40 years tracking him down to kill him.

HA! I get that reference.

KeithoMahony
wherever possible even if its in brazil but this task is hard as your always drunk and everytime you shoot everything goes slowmo

Max? Is that you?

wherever possible even if its in brazil but this task is hard as your always drunk and everytime you shoot everything goes slowmo

Max? Is that you?

would be awesome if he did make a cameo for delaying your cab or gayme " cough"

Albert DeSilva and Eric DeSilva revenge sequence:

"Dad.."

"Yeah, Eric?"

"What do you do when you leave?"

"I go to work, you know that"

"Yeah, but, you don't talk about your job, yknow, what you actually do"

"Well, Eric, it's complicated, maybe when you're older you-"

Albert's phone vibrates, he looks down, and glances over at Eric, terrified

"Dad? what's wrong?"

"Oh sh*t, oh f*ck, stay here son"

"What? why?"

"Trust me, turn off the lights, get under the bed. now."

Albert walks outside to see 4 cars, several gang members with sub-machine guns

"Mr. DeSilva! we found you at last, been a long ass find, eh? you're a difficult man to trace, props on that, by the way"

"Look, guys, whatever you want, money, uh, anything, please, just.."

"Don't kill your son? Eric?"

"Oh you motherf*ckers!"

Albert attempts to dash inside, only to be over powered

"Dad! Help! Daaaaad!"

"ERIC! f*ck! let me go you spic motherfu-"

Boom

"Sorry, Al, it's just how it had to be"

Thus driving the forward to the most emotionally involving revenge story known to the GTA series