Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dicemasta98

GTA SA MED CRASH

dicemasta98

Im not sure what the problem is but ever since i deleted ryders and the house were the party was at on grove street the game has been crashing but i wanna think its because i deleted the lod files also please help!!!!

GTASanAndreas12345

You must not delete default map objects from the game's map; only adding objects is supported. Otherwise, the game will crash. There's no workaround for this, I'm afraid.

donuteater

I can delete tress all over the place and my games run.

I think the problem is deleting things that are refed in Main.scm.

For instance, I deleted all the trees from countryw (no problem).

I deleted some of the "side" houses and fences (no problem).

I deleted The Truth's and Combine Harvester farmhouses and barns (CRASH).

Takes some experimentation and probably editing of Main.scm (tho I'm

not 100% on that). Just be sure to back up each edit and watch for VirtualStore

versions if you've installed in Program Files (x86)...you can tell by the

date timestamp changes on the files.

Celestial Hyena

I know it's 13 days ago but i add this smile.gif

This is because the LOD object of Ryder's house is still present, once you delete the house go to View and click on Long Distance (LOD) to go into LOD mode here

user posted image

Remember to re-render the scene so the Long Distance objects can be visible and simply delete the LOD object of ryder's house

Save and Done icon14.gif

sxlxll

reinstall your map folder in Gta San Andreas floder

sxlxll

This is because the LOD object of Ryder's house is still present, once you delete the house go to View and click on Long Distance (LOD) to go into LOD mode here

user posted image

Remember to re-render the scene so the Long Distance objects can be visible and simply delete the LOD object of ryder's house

Save and Done icon14.gif

Celestial Hyena lets work together to mooding a elegy inlove.gifinlove.gif

Celestial Hyena

Celestial Hyena lets work together to mooding a elegy  inlove.gif  inlove.gif

Okay but don't post this off topic stuff again in the future icon14.gif please use PM's smile.gif

ZAZ

Im not sure what the problem is but ever since i deleted ryders and the house were the party was at on grove street the game has been crashing but i wanna think its because i deleted the lod files also please help!!!!

yes, you must first learn how the LOD-system work, then you can delete ipl lines

i recomand, restore the ipl modifications, then edit just the coords: place the building and the lod building 50.0 units more below

I can delete tress all over the place and my games run.

I think the problem is deleting things that are refed in Main.scm.

you're wrong! the reson is the LOD system

user posted image

Save and Done icon14.gif

you're also wrong

objects which should link to a corresponding LOD object must have the line number of the corresponding LOD object at the end of the ipl line

the most part of ipl placement is done in the stream-ipl files, the are a lot of objects which links to corresponding LOD objects of the base ipl

Then the LOD-models don't need a collisions model (btw. 98% of the SA LOD models don't have a collisions model)

example to explain the stream ipl files:

base ipl: data\maps\LA\LAe2.ipl

connected stream-ipl inside of gta3.img: LAe2_stream0.ipl, LAe2_stream1.ipl, LAe2_stream2.ipl, LAe2_stream3.ipl, LAe2_stream4.ipl,

LOD objects must have -1 at the end

only objects which should link to a corresponding LOD object must not have -1 at the end, the others must have -1

example, 3 objects which links to their corresponding LOD object

mynice_home links to LODice_home at line 3, mynice_garage to LODice_garage at line 4 ad so on

inst5001, mynice_home, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, 35002, mynice_garage, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, 45003, mynice_shop, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, 55004, LODice_home, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, -15005, LODice_garage, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, -15006, LODice_shop, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, -1end

then you merged the 3 LOD objects into LODice_home

so only mynice_home needs to link to LODice_home at line 3

inst5001, mynice_home, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, 35002, mynice_garage, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, -15003, mynice_shop, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, -15004, LODice_home, 0, 190.6, -1425.8, 19.4, 0, 0, 0, 1, -1end

Edited by ZAZ

Celestial Hyena
@ZAZ Well actually it works for me icon14.gif and like i say "if it works, go do it" smile.gif Edited by Celestial Hyena