[Q] Cavalcade mods crash game

King Travis

King Travis

So I've had this problem in the past and it was the reason I stopped trying to mod my game, but I thought I'd try again. I've got about 20 car mods installed so far, and they all work fine. However, the first time I tried to install a cavalcade mod again it gave me the same error as I was getting a few months ago, I think it was smpa60. It happened only when I would crash the cavalcade (or escalade in my case), and by googling it I found out it was caused by mesh problems with the mod.

How come the mod works fine for other people (or most people that comment on the mod), but crashes the game for me? If it was a mesh problem it would seem like it would crash everyone. Is it because I am using patch 4?

I also tried a GMC Yukon but it gave me the same mesh problem.. It's weird that it's only happening on mods for the cavalcade, is there a specific reason why it could be? 20/20 on random cars and different mods for the cavalcade all giving me crashes is weird.

Edited by Travis30384

King Travis

Yeah, 3 of the mods were missing carcols though, I assume that isn't an issue since that's for colors though.

King Travis

I remembered reading something about parked cars affecting mods a while back, I DO have a cavalcade parked at one of my safehouses, could that be causing the crashes?

monster875.

well, try get the original one back, remove the cavalcade from the parking and then replace it again

i have 99% of the cars modded and i have not a shadow of a problem . when this happens it could be several things . there are plenty of Escalade around try with another one . if it keeps crashing maybe it's your specs that just can't handle the modification . i have that one installed myself (1.0.7.0)