The future Of Our World

BRITLAND

Brown Sugar
If they can predict all of this, why not the V release dates then?

Because this is reality son! GTA V is a speck compared to these events and such.

Oh, how could I be such a fool! I should have paid more attention.

But to Typhus, in myself think that in future (that page says something about this) people won't be the majority anymore, we will let androids/robots decide and control everything for us, we will just live and enjoy everything while robots work in factories and do science.

I was referring to this. Should have quoted it but whatever.

spaceeinstein

Do you think robots would one day have personalities, in the same way we do?

I don't think so, I mean everything is possible but for a robot to have a personality it would need a sub-conscious. How the hell you could program a sub-conscious I don't know.

Proper personalities can't be programmed within a reasonable scale in a reasonable time. It could be easier if it's learned. Scientists are already researching how to make computers learn from experiences rather than have humans constantly updating the computer with newer set of instructions.

If the physical future of our planet is blighted by flooding and other natural disasters and if our population continues to skyrocket, can we really make all the technological advancements that it predicts? Surely governments would finally have to take a hard line on breeding so that resources could be shared more equally.

Have you thought of going to space?

It's fine to have robots do some things for us here and there but for them to take over our lives to the point where they do everything for us would be of no benefit to anybody really.

The only benefit I see would be vastly increased leisure time, which should be a good thing. If robots become smart enough to surpass human intellect, humans would no longer need to work, just simply enjoy life (assuming these robots are benevolent).

Edited by spaceeinstein

If the physical future of our planet is blighted by flooding and other natural disasters and if our population continues to skyrocket, can we really make all the technological advancements that it predicts? Surely governments would finally have to take a hard line on breeding so that resources could be shared more equally.

Heh I remember Typhus posted on this subject one time. I'd be delighted to hear his current thoughts on it though. wink.gif

23088_s.gif

Finn 7 five 11

Hah Americans will drop their religion over 200 years later than Europe.

I believe that.

Haha!

Why does this time line go to the 23Rd century? We will have royally butt raped the planet by them and we would all be dead.

This article is so far fetched, especially inter stellar transport, my main gripe is that they are not accounting for where all the required resources for interstellar travel will come from in 2050.

Triple penetration, what are you on about? You totally took gods post out of context.

Edited by finn4life

@finn4life

Exactly, the planet will be raped to the max. Every species, including humans, will be long extinct.

Edited by KaRzY6

Scientific timeline makes no sense. With other comments on social and political flaws in mind, this is just fiction. No predictive power whatsoever.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

But that would be a temporary solution and would do nothing to stop the shortsighted, irresponsible breeding of humans. I don't see why it's so awful to simply regulate the ammount of children any one family can have. It makes perfectly logical sense.

Finn 7 five 11
@finn4life

Actually, the planet will be raped to the max. Every species, including humans, will be long extinct.

That's exactly what i said, unless you don't understand what "royally butt-raped" means.

Smaller organisms may survive though and possibly re-start the whole ecosystem again, it would take a very very long time of course.

@ K^2 i agree, whoever wrote this was on a science fiction marathon, i saw Star Trek as one of the sources, while the whole thing is fairly consistent with itself, it just isn't realistic.

The person who wrote this clearly has a luck of understanding of Physics, Chemistry and common sense.

@Typhus, i think it makes sense as well, provided it was implemented properly, the issue with it is that most population growth occurs in developing countries where implementation of such policies is very difficult, the population growth from births/deaths not including immigration has almost stabilized in the western world as people have realized it is not financially viable to have several children so most leave having children until later when they are established (30's) and will only have 1 or 2 children, if any children at all.

Good luck implementing 1-2 child laws in countries like India, or the African countries.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

I don't like predictive timelines for another reason. Trying to predict things from an always shifting perspective is ridiculous. Back in the 30s we were making tons of scientific advancements, and people could swear we'd have flying cars within 40 years. In the 80s we were afraid that corporations would use growing technology to put an end to privacy. The end to privacy part has happened, but corporations aren't as large or politically important as the future predictors in the 80s thought they'd be.

Futurism suffers the same problems that statistics and probability do. It tries to guess the future assuming that things move at a constant rate, it's even more unreliable when it tries to guess the real world because a slight shift over could make things completely different than what someone predicted.

Futurism suffers the same problems that statistics and probability do. It tries to guess the future assuming that things move at a constant rate, it's even more unreliable when it tries to guess the real world because a slight shift over could make things completely different than what someone predicted.

It's an even bigger issue when you start to take data from the past to predict the future. Take all those 10, 20 year predictions people and companies made back in the 90s, see how many were accurate. It'll be a very, very low amount, I guarantee it.

On the robot topic, machine learning is something that has been researched for a while now, and there's plenty of exciting stuff being researched still. You don't have to model a robot to work exactly like the human mind works, you just need the illusion of it. You have chatbots nowadays that are pretty convincing if you don't know they're robots from the start. You have AI creating poetry, painting and even music, and it all looks pretty interesting and original. The real issue is whether the AI is actually going through a thought process of sorts when undertaking those jobs, or whether it is just responding to its predetermined functions and randomizations. And just as we can't know whether some other human being is actually thinking about something, we'll never know for sure when AI acquire a proper conscience. But you can bet some of them will be pretty damn convincing about it.

As for them starting to questioning their rights and whatnot, it's all about how you code them, what sort of behaviors you limit them to, and the hard code that they can never change. And either way we are their creators, we can also be their destroyers.

2lzNHds.png

I think one day we could have a very special zoo. In which all the beasts of mythology were genetically created. Such as Bigfoot, the Chupacabra, Ratman, Werewolf, etc.

My point is that I can envision a scenario in which tampering with genetics becomes so common as to allow flights of fancy. In a controlled environment we could even bring back the Mammoth or the Tasmanian Tiger.

@finn4life

Actually, the planet will be raped to the max. Every species, including humans, will be long extinct.

That's exactly what i said, unless you don't understand what "royally butt-raped" means.

Smaller organisms may survive though and possibly re-start the whole ecosystem again, it would take a very very long time of course.

Oh sorry. I meant to say 'exactly' not 'actually'. Haha, edited it. smile.gif