The future Of Our World

BRITLAND

Hah Americans will drop their religion over 200 years later than Europe.

I believe that.

Im pretty sure theres already a topic about this website...

And a cure for deafeness is possible by 2020

I think humanity will be long dead before any of this sh*t happens. Haha biggrin.gif

Pretty interesting icon14.gif This year is kind of getting faster for me...

user posted image

I do like the idea of capturing Co2 and storing it. It would be better if we could recreate the process of photosynthesis then capture Co2 and use it as renewable energy. I also do hope that fusion power comes a bit quicker than suggested.

Triple Penetration

If they can predict all of this, why not the V release dates then? They all don't seem to be plausible for me, except for some galaxy ones.

user posted image

Sneakerhead.
I do like the idea of capturing Co2 and storing it. It would be better if we could recreate the process of photosynthesis then capture Co2 and use it as renewable energy. I also do hope that fusion power comes a bit quicker than suggested.

Nice signture, the R34, great car. icon14.gif

Here's what puzzles me. If the physical future of our planet is blighted by flooding and other natural disasters and if our population continues to skyrocket, can we really make all the technological advancements that it predicts? Surely governments would finally have to take a hard line on breeding so that resources could be shared more equally.

Otherwise the entirety of human civilisation would be on the brink of an apocalyptic catastrophe.

Oh, and it won't take that long for religion to be eroded. The wheels are already firmly in motion, much of the extremism we see today is nothing but the dying gasps of an archaic beast that cannot find a place in the modern world.

But even in the future, concepts such as Android policemen are pretty unbelievable. I just can't conceive of any society allowing it.

Brown Sugar

I remember this website from a few years ago, I think only some of the predictions in it are serious and others are just made to see how gullable some people are. I've been trying to find it again for a long time though so thanks for posting about it.

edit: Yeah here's the first line from the site

Welcome to the future! Here you will find a speculative timeline of future history. Part fact and part fiction

Do you think robots would one day have personalities, in the same way we do? And if that happened, would they be privy to the rights of humans? Such as voting and whatnot.

Even if it's all bunk, it's exciting bunk. Imagine it, humans being able to gain superpowers or being able to regrow lost limbs. It's really incredible to think about this stuff.

But given that scientists can now create unique a sub-species of a pre-existing animal, I think we're further along with genetics than people would think.

Do you think robots would one day have personalities, in the same way we do?

I don't think so, I mean everything is possible but for a robot to have a personality it would need a sub-conscious. How the hell you could program a sub-conscious I don't know.

user posted image

I don't think so, I mean everything is possible but for a robot to have a personality it would need a sub-conscious. How the hell you could program a sub-conscious I don't know.

What's "sub-conscious"? You mean Unconscious.

Once we find out how it works, we could program it. I don't really know what use it would have, other than "We can do it!"

Yl8KS.jpg

What's "sub-conscious"? You mean Unconscious.

Once we find out how it works, we could program it. I don't really know what use it would have, other than "We can do it!"

I tend to differentiate the two by one being something you can control and manipulate (Sub-consious) and one being controlled by traits and memories (Unconscious). So if someone is great at football, there could have a unconscious ability with foot-eye coordination. However the tactics they learn from the coach are sub-conscious because the person decide to make conscious effort to learn them and they are brought forward "sub-consciously" in play.

But your right, we would have to develop the unconscious. However I really can't see how we could find out how it works. That would require knowing how a memory is stored and how it affects the brain. So before we even get to this stage we will have to first develop the ability to read thoughts. A prospect that scares me a little.

user posted image

vertical limit
If they can predict all of this, why not the V release dates then?

Because this is reality son! GTA V is a speck compared to these events and such.

Triple Penetration

Because this is reality son! GTA V is a speck compared to these events and such.

Oh, how could I be such a fool! I should have paid more attention.

But to Typhus, in myself think that in future (that page says something about this) people won't be the majority anymore, we will let androids/robots decide and control everything for us, we will just live and enjoy everything while robots work in factories and do science.

That, or a magnificient war destroys everything - earth, our solar system, our own galaxy or even the whole universe. Or make it like Schrodinger said - one side of the coin is where we achieve such robots and on other side we have this war. What matters (or doesn't) is that we won't live in that far future and people by then may have different morals and thinking.

user posted image

But to Typhus, in myself think that in future (that page says something about this) people won't be the majority anymore, we will let androids/robots decide and control everything for us, we will just live and enjoy everything while robots work in factories and do science.

That, or a magnificient war destroys everything - earth, our solar system, our own galaxy or even the whole universe. Or make it like Schrodinger said - one side of the coin is where we achieve such robots and on other side we have this war. What matters (or doesn't) is that we won't live in that far future and people by then may have different morals and thinking.

The problem is if we develop AI to such a level, what's stopping robots from questioning why they are doing this for humans ?

user posted image

But to Typhus, in myself think that in future (that page says something about this) people won't be the majority anymore, we will let androids/robots decide and control everything for us, we will just live and enjoy everything while robots work in factories and do science.and thinking.

Matrix is science fiction. It would be stupid to do what you suggested.

Yl8KS.jpg

But to Typhus, in myself think that in future (that page says something about this) people won't be the majority anymore, we will let androids/robots decide and control everything for us, we will just live and enjoy everything while robots work in factories and do science.and thinking.

Has stupidity stopped us in the past? tounge.gif

23088_s.gif

Has stupidity stopped us in the past? tounge.gif

You are right.

Yl8KS.jpg

I don't agree with a lot of the economic/political future this thing predicts. It really doesn't make much sense and isn't rooted in reality.

Triple Penetration

Absolutely no.

Why wouldn't everybody want to live in a perfect world, where they can do whatever they want? (It happens right now, Second Life games have many people like that, they pay just for useless imaginary things to impress other 'Second Lifers' and even spend loads of money to marry each other and form fake families, because they are socially devoid in real life).

Greedy people and companies also would do everything, even breaking most, if not all morals just to get money from those people. There's just way too much potential for them to do that and the previous experience (Again, Second Life) proves that they can do that. All they care about is to get this stuff possible as fast as possible.

And it is entirely possible to make the robots devoid of emotion and learning and perform under only a set of rules. But imo, even if robots in some circumstances develop such things as thoughts and self-realization, greedy companies wouldn't pay too much attention, making more money is too important.

But there's even more chances of this happening - greedy people aren't only ones wishing to gain such privilegies. Dictators and corrupt political leaders would try to lead everybody into the perfect world where nobody has to do anything, just enjoy themselves, but instead gaining actual power for themselves and take control of everything. Imagine a person much like Hitler or Stalin make plans thousands of years from now, not around WW2.

user posted image

Absolutely no.

Why wouldn't everybody want to live in a perfect world, where they can do whatever they want? (It happens right now, Second Life games have many people like that, they pay just for useless imaginary things to impress other 'Second Lifers' and even spend loads of money to marry each other and form fake families, because they are socially devoid in real life).

Greedy people and companies also would do everything, even breaking most, if not all morals just to get money from those people. There's just way too much potential for them to do that and the previous experience (Again, Second Life) proves that they can do that. All they care about is to get this stuff possible as fast as possible.

And it is entirely possible to make the robots devoid of emotion and learning and perform under only a set of rules. But imo, even if robots in some circumstances develop such things as thoughts and self-realization, greedy companies wouldn't pay too much attention, making more money is too important.

But there's even more chances of this happening - greedy people aren't only ones wishing to gain such privilegies. Dictators and corrupt political leaders would try to lead everybody into the perfect world where nobody has to do anything, just enjoy themselves, but instead gaining actual power for themselves and take control of everything. Imagine a person much like Hitler or Stalin make plans thousands of years from now, not around WW2.

What does this have to do with what you said before? It wouldn't be a perfect work just because we don't do sh*t and robots do everything for us.

Yl8KS.jpg

Im pretty sure theres already a topic about this website...

And a cure for deafeness is possible by 2020

really, i wouldnt bet on that TBH but if it does come true then could there be a cure for the blind

It wouldn't be a perfect world just because we don't do sh*t and robots do everything for us.[/color]

Indeed. We don't have disease, war, economic failure etc due to the fact that some of us have to do some sh*tty jobs.

user posted image

Triple Penetration
It wouldn't be a perfect work just because we don't do sh*t and robots do everything for us.

Umm, why not? If everybody has everything and everything is equal to somebody, how that could be a problem? Well apart from robots doing all the hard work?

So, you're saying that at the moment we have a perfect world because robots don't do anything for us?

user posted image

It wouldn't be a perfect work just because we don't do sh*t and robots do everything for us.

Umm, why not? If everybody has everything and everything is equal to somebody, how that could be a problem? Well apart from robots doing all the hard work?

So, you're saying that at the moment we have a perfect world because robots don't do anything for us?

Way to twist my words. I didn't say we live in a perfect world.

I don't want to live in a world were I have nothing to look forward too, because you know robots do everything.

Let's just sit all day and watch stupid TV shows. Let's not study, what for? Let's get dumber and dumber.

Robots will work for us. Robots will think for us.

Yl8KS.jpg

vertical limit

Triple Penetration - What is wrong with robots doing our job. They are here to make our life easier but at the cost of taking jobs that could be done by humans. They will be doing all the blue collar jobs. Robots will do their job without asking what or why. They will be more effective at their jobs.

Brown Sugar

Robots can't do absolutely everything for us, we'll still have to pay taxes, pay for food and drink and housing as well as many other things. How are we supposed to make the money to do these things if all jobs are taken by robots? How would the companies using the robots be able to survive if nobody has money? It's fine to have robots do some things for us here and there but for them to take over our lives to the point where they do everything for us would be of no benefit to anybody really.