GTAV a 'best of'

LotusRIP

Just an idea...

But what if R* knew V would be the last current gen game of GTA. They were torn between whether to pick Vice City, or San Andreas... perhaps they decided to do a "best of" approach where the game could be set in both Vice City and "Los Santos + Countryside". The best of both worlds... SF and LV were a bit crappy, it felt like most the effort was put into Los Santos being the main city of San Andreas anyway. The countryside is an essential fun factor obviously. Imagine having LS and exploring countryside and wilderness, then crossing waters to get to Vice City ( or wherever it is positioned geographically in the GTA universe)

No... theres no way it would even make sense geographically...

The GTA world has a geographical sense? Where's the world map that shows where Vice City is? (not Miami on google maps)

No... theres no way it would even make sense geographically...

The GTA world has a geographical sense? Where's the world map that shows where Vice City is? (not Miami on google maps)

If thats your logic, why not throw in LC again? Hell why not f*cking LONDON???

The GTA geographical lay-out has to be somewhat anatomically correct, so, it would never work. I would love to see a new Vice City too, though.

Maybe if Vice City were on a seperate disc, then maybe. It could work that way, but the player would have to leave by-way-of an airport in San An, then put in the second disc to load the arrival to Vice City. I could go for that.

Maybe if Vice City were on a seperate disc, then maybe. It could work that way, but the player would have to leave by-way-of an airport in San An, then put in the second disc to load the arrival to Vice City. I could go for that.

Only way I see this making sense but I doubt this is the case

Definitely next gen. but just Los Santos, a San Diego based town, and a Tijuana based town for now.

Tijuana??? LOL

Sneakerhead.

Just wait till next the PS4 and XBOX720?, that way you can have LS, LV, SF, VC nad LC in one game!

Just wait till next the PS4 and XBOX720?, that way you can have LS, LV, SF, VC nad LC in one game!

R* does not work that way. Maybe Bethesda but, not R*.

Bethesda would give you everything you want. Big map, a lot of things to do but, it is buggy as hell and does not have any "feel" to it. If they were building a house, they will make the biggest house in the world. Only thing is, it does not have electricty and is very big to the point of being boring.

R*, on the other hand, likes to keep it simple and classy. They do quality games that everyone loves and maybe the biggest game in the market, GTA. They like to "capture" the feel of the city. Any more than 1 main city and the game will be lifeless. If R* were to bulid a house, they will make it a two story house, everything works in the house and you have a lot of fun things to do

That is how I like to see R*. I also like Bethesda games but, you can’t say they ain’t buggy as hell!

Triple Vacuum Seal
R*, on the other hand, likes to keep it simple and classy. They do quality games that everyone loves and maybe the biggest game in the market, GTA. They like to "capture" the feel of the city. Any more than 1 main city and the game will be lifeless.

I somewhat disagree. monocle.gif

Different cities can easily be tied in under the direction of a firm like R*. Just not all at once. R* North can put more man hours into GTAs of later gen consoles if they wanted to do a quality.....

- Vice City + the everglades and southern Florida countryside + major Cuban city (Cuba is very close to Miami IRL) + Cuban countryside

- Liberty City + London based city + English countryside

- D.C. based city + Liberty City + Philadelphia in between

- London based city + English countryside + Paris based city + French countryside

- Chicago based city + Detroit based city + Michigan based countryside in between + Windsor, Canada based city

....and many many more. By late next gen, R* could easily make a map the size of JC2 or bigger but with the typical detail of a GTA. sigh.gif

GTA IV had a piece of New Jersey in the map. That didn't ruin anything.

Unless the cities and states are right next to each other, it wouldn't feel right.

EDIT: Anyways, I have a feeling (hopefully they will release another game this gen though) that they are saving Vice City for next gen. Just all the colors and the atmosphere and everything would be so much better. But we should wait and see what V has to offer first.

It could work that way, but the player would have to leave by-way-of an airport in San An, then put in the second disc to load the arrival to Vice City.user posted image

.JimmyHopkins.

I say,they made the last GTA for this gen of consoles to be LS (or San Andreas) and on the next gen they will start with VC.