Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,440 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Dealux

Need For Speed

Dealux

It has been announced on the official Facebook page of the game series that a movie based on the games has been planned and that a contract was signed with Dream Works for the making of the movie.

2126eld.png

The name of the movie is unknown for now, but a moderator could change the title of the topic if it will be necessary.

What do you think? Will it suffer the same fate as most video game adaptations?

Edit: Here are some trailers and stuff.

Edited by Criѕtian

Punk-in-Drublic

So this is basically just Fast & The Furious?

Dealux

I was thinking about that too, I really hope it doesn't blatantly copy these movies, but at the same time I a completely stumped as to what it could possibly be about. It would be cool if it were actually based one of the games or storyline from the games, but that doesn't usually happen with movie adaptations.

Lock n' Stock
So this is basically just Fast & The Furious?

Exactly.

Dealux

Starring Aaron Paul:

It doesn't look like a Fast & Furious clone to me, but the trailer is kind of cheesy. Needless to say I will have to see this movie.

DJ Arrt

The only Fast and Furious movies actually about Street Racing was the first one, first par of the second, and Tokyo Drift.

hhamzah99

Jesse you should stop using those drugs, they are for the costumers ffs

rampage08

People said this movie took advantage of Paul Walker's death to release the movie this year even though it was confirmed for march long time ago before his death lol. Can't believe people are that ignorant.

Rented

"Based on the game" yeah it sure seems like it plus it features the nastiest actors I've ever seen

ShadowDog94

I don't get how the hell you can base a movie around a racing game with no story (at least most in the series). I heard they even have a Gran Turismo film in the making. What kind of bullsh*t is that?

Anyway, this'll most likely be a terrible clone of Fast & Furious. Hollywood needs to just stop making these video game movies. They only serve as a cash-in most of the time and always turn out awful.

Dealux

Even if it had a story, the general trend with video game based movies is for them to have unrelated stories and not even be faithful to the games themselves in any significant way.

Either way, I am actually looking forward to this.

Edited by Criѕtian

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Aaron Paul will make himself look like a dickhead for doing a movie like this. From a genius TV show called Breaking Bad to a horrible wannabe movie of the fast and furious, a nice way to ruin your career.

Dealux

Seriously? Can no one else make action movies that involve sports cars without being called F&F rip-offs? There aren't that many ways to make movies like this.

Flachbau

Just got out of the theater about 30 minutes ago.

Great movie. In the theater I was in, it played in 4K (which is very surprising, did not expect that at all). Anyway, the movie was fantastic. One thing I didn't like was the time cuts. One minute, they received the

Ford Mustang on the flatbed, then it cuts to the day they unveil it. They (Toby & his Garage Crew) had to build it for "Dino" Brewster.

Kinda disappointing.

Edited by Antagonista

Forty

The only way I would watch this movie were if it happened completely by accident.

rampage08

It was surprisingly good for a video game movie. I love the car chases, races and the sound effect is the best one. The first person view is also awesome.

There's a bit of Breaking Bad easter egg in the movie, some of you may know that Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston got themselves Breaking Bad tattoos. Cranston had a little Br Ba logo on his finger and Aaron got "No Half Measure" tats on his arm which you can see in the movie.

Muse182

Yeah I watched this yesterday, loved it too. I thought it would be like Fast and Furious too but it wasn't. Loved the sound of the cars when they were racing the Ageras. The whole cinema was vibrating. Not a bad story, bit of emotion and the acting was good. Just one of those fun movies to go and have a night out with your friends.

zuckmeslow

i also liked the movie. it was filmed perfectly with no shaky cam and no cgi. kid cudi was awesome as benny.

and the bass was nice. cant wait until it comes out on blu ray so i can watch it with my subwoofer

Edited by zuckmeslow

rampage08

so looking at the reactions, this movie recieved a lot of positive rates from the audience... but the "professional" critics bashed it ?

Nopheros

This movie was great. Better dialogue than F&F and the acting was better to a certain degree. When I first saw it back a year ago I thought it was amazing, but that was because it was the first movie I saw at the theatres in about 12 years. The first Lilo and Stitch movie was the one I saw before that. :p

Furious 7 blew this sh*t right out of the water.

Edited by Nopheros

Nopheros

A sequel is in the works, but I won't be surprised if it's a straight to dvd release.

“We are excited to work with EA, one of the world’s most recognized creative companies,” said Yin Cao, chairman of China Movie Channel. “We are also delighted that much of ‘Need for Speed 2′ would be filmed in China, and we believe it will include much more Chinese talent and elements.”

Source

Also bump.

Edited by Nopheros

Niko Montana

A sequel is in the works, but I won't be surprised if it's a straight to dvd release.

“We are excited to work with EA, one of the world’s most recognized creative companies,” said Yin Cao, chairman of China Movie Channel. “We are also delighted that much of ‘Need for Speed 2′ would be filmed in China, and we believe it will include much more Chinese talent and elements.”

Source

Also bump.

I really enjoyed the first, so a sequel would be right up my alley :^:

JRC99

Source

Also bump.

As if that's a good thing in EA's case.