OLD: Marketing head leave Rockstar

Hvitdverg

Kotaku reports Rockstar marketing head Alex Moullé-Berteaux has left the company. “After five years with Rockstar Games, Alex Moullé-Berteaux has resigned in order to pursue his own personal projects. Alex was a highly valued member of the Rockstar family, and we wish him all the best in future endeavors,” the publisher commented. No word on Moullé-Berteaux’s replacement as yet. The marketing veteran was on hand for the launches of Max Payne 3, LA Noire, Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto IV.

Maybe things will change around the office now?

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/22/rockstar-m...sonal-projects/

GTA36362355

lol.gif Seems like he couldn't bear the taunts of the young kids and another contributing factor can be MP3's kinda failure. sad.gif

GTA36362355

The new Marketing Head may have a different agenda. I hope he/she will use a different method than the current method of marketing.

The new Marketing Head may have a different agenda. I hope he/she will use a different method than the current method of marketing.

second that

This may take time unfortunately.

second that

That is hopeful.

Not too hopeful, after all it is R* management who call the shots, for all we know it's the top dogs in NY who run the marketing campaign by themselves

almostrodney

Hmm I wonder if its because his marketing strategy as of late has given R* a name they didn't want.

I hope the strategy changes, the current model stinks!

The__Phoenix

I don´t remember another game with the massive marketing that mp3 had.MP3 failed infamously.

Max payne brand is not a blockbuster(gta is(http://kotaku.com/5920325/when-grand-theft-auto-let-iranian-teenagers-do-things-they-could-only-dream-of) ).R* thought so.R* failed.R* lost millions with this f*cking game,take two stocks are falling inexorably.I´m happy for that .R* brands are gta,rdr and bully, not this crap.

Well done Alex Moullé. icon14.gif

GTA36362355

Not too hopeful, after all it is R* management who call the shots, for all we know it's the top dogs in NY who run the marketing campaign by themselves

TakeTwo Interactive's key executives:

Strauss Zelnick

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Lainie Goldstein

Chief Financial Officer

Karl Slatoff

Chief Operating Officer

Seth Krauss

Executive Vice President and General Counsel

Rockstar Games' key executives:

The Benz

Chief Executive Officer

Sam Houser

Co-Founder and President

Gary Dale

Chief Operating Officer

Alex Moullé-Berteaux

Head of Marketing*

Jamie King

Vice President of Development

*Resigned

I'm not sure about R* games as the source seems to be an outdated one.

Edited by deepthroatgta6

almostrodney

Come on R* do the smart thing! Employ someone with sense, let's have some info, let the stocks rise again, let the community be happy, stop using this stupid marketing strategy, V will sell millions regardless.

And as for max Payne being a relative failure, good, serves them right for using the GTA v trailer for sales of max Payne,

Sorry! rant over!

Lock, this has nothing to do with GTA V.

Why, hello there little fella'. How's wanna'-be Mod school turning out for ya'?

If the Mods want to lock something, they will lock it. They don't need people constantly telling them how to do their jobs in every single thread.

OT: Won't have any effect on GTAV. Sam and Dan already know how they want to market it, and won't let a new employee change that.

Lock, this has nothing to do with GTA V.

Why, hello there little fella'. How's wanna'-be Mod school turning out for ya'?

If the Mods want to lock something, they will lock it. They don't need people constantly telling them how to do their jobs in every single thread.

OT: Won't have any effect on GTAV. Sam and Dan already know how they want to market it, and won't let a new employee change that.

schooled

Further delays, hopefully this game will be one of the best games ever made. (Most Likely)

"Let's go, let's bounce baby! An' When I say bounce I don't mean bouncing literally I just mean..."

"I know what it means Yusuf."

"It's a term from the street meaning you have to walk, but if you don't get that it's a bit like rolling. You have to roll, not like a fat man rolling, it means actually just walk."

"Can we just go?"

TakeTwo Interactive's key executives:

Strauss Zelnick

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Lainie Goldstein

Chief Financial Officer

Karl Slatoff

Chief Operating Officer

Seth Krauss

Executive Vice President and General Counsel

Rockstar Games' key executives:

The Benz

Chief Executive Officer

Sam Houser

Co-Founder and President

Gary Dale

Chief Operating Officer

Alex Moullé-Berteaux

Head of Marketing*

Jamie King

Vice President of Development

*Resigned

Where was that interview stating that management overrules the decisions though? How many of the key execs were in management and how split was management?

For instance, Alex may have wanted to release more info but Leslie stepped in and said no with Sam backing him, while on Alex's side you had Gary and Jamie.

Sunrise Driver
So probable GTA 5 hater and MP3 lover finally left and we may see some GTA 5 news instead of boring Max gayne stuff?

I was lucky enough to have met Alex last year whilst in New York and I doubt he left for the reasons some of you are suggesting. Management spoke highly of him and seemed to have a lot of respect for his work. The notion that Max Payne 3 had "failed" is also not accurate I don't think. The timing is in line with when people usually have plans to leave: following the launch of a big project.

@deepthroatgta6

That list of yours of the T2 management team is highly outdated.

GTA36362355

I'm sure TTWO's management determines the release period of GTAV because GTA is their cash cow.

Marketing may also be affected by TTWO's decisions.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Red Dead Redemption- Delayed

Grand Theft Auto IV- Delayed

I hope that the future employee will do a better work in this...

GTA36362355

I was lucky enough to have met Alex last year whilst in New York and I doubt he left for the reasons some of you are suggesting. Management spoke highly of him and seemed to have a lot of respect for his work. The notion that Max Payne 3 had "failed" is also not accurate I don't think. The timing is in line with when people usually have plans to leave: following the launch of a big project.

@deepthroatgta6

That list of yours of the T2 management team is highly outdated.

T2? That was freshly taken from their investor relations website. I'm sure it is correct.

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=8...=irol-govManage

Edited by deepthroatgta6

Wow holy sh*t. I come by here to browse for any updates of worthiness - of which so far have been only a trailer and a press release - and it's f*ck me you people will hold on to lint and call it rope.

What exactly does this topic even have to do with GTAV? Even if it did matter, or was relevant, do you think that R* will change their method of marketing - of which the Housers are very decided on already - even for GTA V?

lol my post isnt going to change sh*t. but I'm borderline close to even suggesting that you guys are...losers

T2? That was freshly taken from their investor relations website. I doubt it is incorrect.

You are listing Gary Dale and Jamie King, who had left several years ago (and is also not on the aforementioned website). FYI Jamie worked at Rockstar, not T2.

Wow holy sh*t. I come by here to browse for any updates of worthiness - of which so far have been only a trailer and a press release - and it's f*ck me you people will hold on to lint and call it rope.

What exactly does this topic even have to do with GTAV? Even if it did matter, or was relevant, do you think that R* will change their method of marketing - of which the Housers are very decided on already - even for GTA V?

lol my post isnt going to change sh*t. but I'm borderline close to even suggesting that you guys are...losers

Go back your life you retard. If you don't have anything better to say, shut the f*ck up.

GTA36362355

T2? That was freshly taken from their investor relations website. I doubt it is incorrect.

You are listing Gary Dale and Jamie King, who had left several years ago (and is also not on the aforementioned website). FYI Jamie worked at Rockstar, not T2.

I listed those executives in two parts:

Take Two Interactive

Rockstar Games

I can't find a valid and updated source for Rockstar Games.

This was the closest I got which is highly outdated.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research...rivcapId=971622

Edited by deepthroatgta6

If anything, this is bad news! Changes like that, always take time...

Edited by Versous

I would like to make a point here

HOW THIS IS COMPLETELY RELATED TO GTA V!!!

Concerning, resigning, like ive read it in a post, you go/leave on your own, when you have project already in mind

and partially established. Leaving when the ship is drowning, downgrade you value on the job market (not talking about rockstar, but in general)

So, the obvious question is;

When is it the good time to leave ?

-When you feel like the market in which you are will somehow end up less profitable

-When you have a once in a lifetime opportunity, or when you already settled another agreement elsewhere

-When you need something new in your life, when you job doesn't satisfy you

(-of course when you are forced too ...)

So...

He wants to do other projects on his own? what could be a bigger thing than rockstrar coming line up...?

why leaving now?? Could he have just wait GTA V release??? IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE R* MOST AMBITIOUS GAME!

Several months is nothing...

So here's the thing :

-Either GTA V IS NOT THAT big game we were hoping for. (yet, not enough for him to stay)

-Or GTA V IS NOT READY AT ALL RIGHT NOW, and the release will be in a long time...

Side note : why would he not believed in this project after IV, RDR, MP3?

he's in good terms with R*, hence the tribute...

There's clearly an issue with V

Edited by esvi

i am a girl on the internet

Yeah, someone had already made a thread about this, but Vanzant closed it for some reason.