Trains

universetwisters

What do you think the trains in V will be like?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the trains in V will be like?

• Drivable like in San Andreas
    • Ridable like in IV
    • Little more than static props

universetwisters

So, what do you think the trains in gta 5 will be like?

sTgL5iS.png

Oh the question was what I think they'll be like... I answered what I wanted.

Lots, and lots of trains. Passenger, freight, auto. Yes.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Hammertime12

I'm hoping for a light rail. And I hope I can drive trains. And also blow them off the tracks with explosives.

I'm hoping for a light rail. And I hope I can drive trains. And also blow them off the tracks with explosives.

RDR kinda disappointed with this. I could kill the engineer but then the train stopped. John couldn't even move a shovel of coal, and when I got tired of it and wanted the train to go flying off the tracks I was out of luck.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

I can only speculate, but given how each game usually takes features from the older games and improves on them, I think we'll be able to ride trains like in GTA IV and operate them like in SA. I know we could also ride them in SA as a passenger, but I mean like how we could see inside the train like in IV. That's the next step up imo.

I just hope we'll be able to have a cockpit view when operating them. Something tells me that'll be a lot of fun after derailing.

Yep, I like that in San Andreas.. if I drive too fast and the train then derails. That was fun.

And yeah, a cockpit view would be neat.

Grand Cannon

Escaping a 6 star wanted level while driving a train! devil.gif

Edited by GodZxSAINT

there is going to be a light rail, if you look closely in the trailer at 2 scenes, you notice the Cantenary for a Light Rail Train System

If the trains on GTA V can not be operated by your character, and don't appear on multiplayer.........

If they are drivable and on multiplayer, EPIC, think of how the trains on previous GTA's have been indestructable, MOVING FORTRESS!!!!! Also the train better have a Train Horn instead of no horn like San Andreas.

Edited by UP9390

I think they'll be drivable.

The first step after IV's being able to see and sit in it, was RDR's ability to walk around in it and hopefully in V, we'll be walking around mugging passengers and then heqad up to front carriage and kill the driver and steam off with his train.

I loved the brown streak freight missions and hope they return.

TBH I just loved the SA Trains, I always derailed them.

ThirstyHyena

Related, kind of: I want a mission in GTA V where you have to follow someone and get on a train he gets into. If you fail the mission you get a phonecall from the mission dealer where he says "All you had to do was catch the damn train!"

Other than that I would like the trains to be driveable. I want to get a train off track and crash onto innocent pedestrians.

HOLDMYBALLSACK

I want to be able to see inside the train whilst its moving in 3rd person and walk around the train as its moving

thumbs up if you want this too

G1T

I want to be able to see inside the train whilst its moving in 3rd person and walk around the train as its moving

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Unless it takes away room for the trains to be operated by the character & the trains on multiplayer.

Assuming it wasn't bullsh*t, didn't the vehicle info dump discovered in Max Payne 3 virtually confirm driveable trains?

Assuming it wasn't bullsh*t, didn't the vehicle info dump discovered in Max Payne 3 virtually confirm driveable trains?

eh, im not sure, that confirms 2 things, trains are there, and that you can ride them, i don't know if that could be confirmed, how about someone looks at the files for the san andreas, IV, and the files on the Max Payne 3 disc and see if the SA and MP3 files are same, maybe we can find out that way.

universetwisters

icon14.gif

sTgL5iS.png

monsterjamp
I want to be able to both ride and drive them

Thats is a big possibility since you could drive or be a passenger in a taxi in IV

Hammertime12

there is going to be a light rail, if you look closely in the trailer at 2 scenes, you notice the Cantenary for a Light Rail Train System

Sweet! I looked into it and saw the cantenary lines. What can I say I am a train enthusiast.

If i was heading to L.S train station and the cops were chasing me? f*ck ill jack a train lol. lol.gif

user posted image

What I don't get is how you can miss out a both option, or replace it with that very vague third option that non-native English speakers won't understand as possibly "both".

ThisIsHorosho

you could tell almost for sure they will be at LEAST rideable...monorail is semi-confirmed for GTAV, which means it can't just be there for the sake of just being there...

Live is Life nana nana na...

FilipinoGoblin

The freight/passenger mainline trains = Driveable and rideable.

Light Rail and Public Transit Rail = Rideable ONLY.

BashirTheTrainMaster

The freight/passenger mainline trains = Driveable and rideable.

Light Rail and Public Transit Rail = Rideable ONLY.

The light rail in LA run on and alongside the roads. (like real trains street running) In GTA IV, I was able to see a chair in the cab of the train by standing next to it and making me able to see through. The light rail shouldn't only be rideable because it is just bigger than that. (more to it) It's on the street, the gravel, and even by the highway. Everything really doesn't have to be like SA or close. It's one big city and what it seems is the whole transit fleet.