Area 51

ForumName

I remember in San Andreas they had Area 51, or at least some sort of military base it wasn't really anything special, but do you think they will add it or something like it to this game as well? What do you think will be in it? I hope for some sort of alien aircraft, you probably won't be able to fly it, though that would be amazing, even so it would be an interesting easter egg.

HOLDMYBALLSACK

its a different era, different universe...

but yes i can confirm this thread sucks suicidal.gif

G1T

boyfromeast1

I think there will be some sort of secret or not military base , in trailer you can see whole mount chillad hillside and up on the hill there is something like a BIG entry or hangar it could be a base ,

ThisThatSwag

I hope so. At least a military base.

ClassicLugeMick
I think there will be some sort of secret or not military base , in trailer you can see whole mount chillad hillside and up on the hill there is something like a BIG entry or hangar it could be a base ,

Do you have a screen shot of this? I am curious.

I am sure there will be a military base. But I highly doubt anything like Area 51.

ThisThatSwag

I second this

Very doubtful. Area 51/69 was in Las Venturas. GTA V will only take place in Los Santos and the surrounding areas. There could be a national guard station or something though.

EinsZweiDrei

I'm a Rockstar employee and I can confirm there will be an Area 69. monocle.gif

Cheers,

Rockstar employee

IM_YOUR_GOD

Area 51, the waste disposal facility where it sucks to work?

user posted image

Says the guy whose retarded threads are locked instantly because a dead skunk has more point than those.

Why can't you just leave this forum? No one likes you and your threads sucks aswell.

Another person who has no idea what they are talking about. Can't say I'm not surprised; with a name like that, you're most likely under the age of thirteen.

Shreddy Krueger

It's quality is not entirely too far from those of your own.

The_Majestic

I second this

Third this

Why do so many people STILL call it Mount Chiliad? Initially with the excitement I could maybe understand, but after it's been clear so long that the world bears different names for things like Muscle Beach and the Santa Monica Pier than those used in GTA:San Andreas, plus the fact that this GTAV mountain is in Southern San Andreas (and no where near where San Fierro would be) it still amazes me why people still call it that and I hope R* tells everyone the name soon so people can stop calling it that cryani.gif

Mountain Chiliad is in SF, since SF is not included in the game, there is no need to call it Mountain Chiliad.

G1T

Why do so many people STILL call it Mount Chiliad? Initially with the excitement I could maybe understand, but after it's been clear so long that the world bears different names for things like Muscle Beach and the Santa Monica Pier than those used in GTA:San Andreas, plus the fact that this GTAV mountain is in Southern San Andreas (and no where near where San Fierro would be) it still amazes me why people still call it that and I hope R* tells everyone the name soon so people can stop calling it that cryani.gif

Because we have no other name for it other than 'GTA V mountain' or simply 'mountain' which doesn't have nearly as much ring to it as referring to it as Mt. Chiliad. Expect this name to keep popping up until R* releases an official name for it, if they even have a name for it.

OT:

Anyway, like many I hope to see Area 51/69 or some other type of secret base hidden away somewhere in one of the map's remote locations. I loved the one in SA, it brought a sense of mystery to the area, especially that weird green glow that'd appear on you when standing near where the Patriot and Barracks spawn at.

Hopefully V will feature more mysterious locations like this. smile.gif

GrandTheftFan788

Area 51 is in Nevada so the only way it could be in GTA V is if they include Las Venturas. But I do think that there will be some sort of military base.

but yes i can confirm this thread sucks  suicidal.gif

You joined here on the 9th of June in the year 2012. It hasn't even been 2 weeks for you and you think your old school or something?

If you can't make a productive post, then don't post. Idiots like you with this "this thread sucks" type of attitude should get banned for making this section look like crap and waste bandwidth.

@topic

I would like to have Area 69 to be part of GTA V, but if R* isn't going to include Area 69, I hope they add some other type of military base to the game.

Triple Vacuum Seal

but yes i can confirm this thread sucks  suicidal.gif

Tell mommy and daddy to stop leaving their laptops open where you can reach them. Now run along to bed now little fella.

OT: I think there will be a setting to fill the void of locations for covert missions/tasks from the III era SA. In IV, the UL Paper missions were as close as we got to that theme and were probably among the best missions in the game. monocle.gif

Tomeu Penya
Very doubtful. Area 51/69 was in Las Venturas. GTA V will only take place in Los Santos and the surrounding areas. There could be a national guard station or something though.

Edwards or even Vandenberg are close enough to the real Los Angeles.

Can't see that f18/f35 from the trailer being operated from LAX.

Area 51's not in California. I wouldn't be surprised at seeing a military presence of some kind (especially with a fighter being visible), but not some secret base. I'm aiming more toward the Vice City depiction.

S1LV3R_W0LF

If Las Venturas is in it for sure, if not I hope there are some military bases.

Anyway they can make a Area69 as some sort of strip club I wouldn't mind if there was served some "hot coffee". tounge.gif

boyfromeast1

You can see the entry on THAT ''mountchillad hill'' at 0:21 stop a video and look forward to top of the hill and on there is a hillshadow and in that shadow you can see the entry

No, it won't.

Area 51 is in LV and GTAV only based on SoCal.

IRL Area 51 is north of LV. Where in SA Area 69 is south west of LV.

Your arguement is invalid.

Area 51 is in Nevada... or Arizona, i don't remember mercie_blink.gif . Unless R* will add Las Venturas, there will be Area 69, but they already said... Los Santos and surrounding area/countryside... simething like that.

Possibly, there will surely be some kind of military base at least because of the Hydra/F-35xHarrier Jet shown in the trailer.

user posted image