The 3 cities

Beanheadboy

Beanheadboy

Just an idea I had, no I'm not trolling or flaming.

We're all pretty sure by the statments Rockstar came out with etc that its just LS, a new version.

The game has been in development since 2007 and in FULL development since 2009. You could create a game the size of a country in 5 years (if there was enough space of course, which there isnt)

Now why did the trailer come out better part of a year ago? (almost 8 months I know, not far off a year) without any info since?

Maybe they announced the trailer, saw the hype and how many people wanted all 3 cities, or purely just changed their minds, and are now completely re developing the game to include SF and LV, like original san andreas? Or maybe I've just been sniffing too much glue.

G1T

if they use double layered bluray discs for the ps3 version they can however xbox and multiple discs ugh suicidal.gif

If it's taken them this long to develop just LS, then think how long it would take them to create LV and SF. By then, everyone would just be super pissed. I would rather have them release LS now and then SF and LV later.

It has not been in development or pre-production since 2007. Also not "FULL development" since 2009. Back then North was primarily working on Agent (until it was passed off to SD).

Colonel Dre
if they use double layered bluray discs for the ps3 version they can however xbox and multiple discs ugh suicidal.gif

Maps barely take up any room.

It's the audio and animations that take up the room

FilipinoGoblin

Yeah, and they better not sacrifice a huge map for a 5 hour storyline.

exactly, knowing how rockstar now works. if it was big itll still have a lot of detail hence it would need more space

Pilotmonkey

i think they're sanding the rough edges off and dusting the bookshelf... They need to put stuff like music,guns,and vehicles ... the file from MP3 had like 40 different vehicles... I think there is going to be 200 + because i saw a landstalker and it wasn't in the file.They need to apply very tiny details to a very vast map.

Its possible...maybe as DLC though

Really? Entire cities as DLC? dozingoff.gif

That would be the first DLC in history with a four year development cycle and a $60 price tag.

Rockstar said that the game will feature Los Santos, and it's surrounding countryside. Do you seriously expect them to announce "Oh, we were just joking, It's actualy the whole state again!"?

No. Textures take up the most space. So if bigger map, more textures. You don't want repetive textures, do you?

Anim in GTA IV, is like 700MB

While Audio 6GB

Textures is a little more than 6GB, I think.

That is for PC, consoles no idea.

Its possible...maybe as DLC though

Really? Entire cities as DLC? dozingoff.gif

That would be the first DLC in history with a four year development cycle and a $60 price tag.

It doesn't require making a whole new game -- anything new would be most likely aesthetic. Textures, animations, guns, etc. It's not like they'd be making GTA VI. Take, for example, Skyrim. It took them 3-4 years to make the game. It took them one week to make a crapload (worthy of DLC) of epic things (mounts, spears, etc.) on the annual Bethesda "do whatever you want!" week.

On topic: Anything is possible. Personally, I'm expecting to have plenty of space to fly the airplanes.

They also have to update the graphics a little bit to keep up with the other games,tweak some stuff here and there,make some changes to RAGE(I believe it will be like RAGE 2.0)

Rockstar said that the game will feature Los Santos, and it's surrounding countryside. Do you seriously expect them to announce "Oh, we were just joking, It's actualy the whole state again!"?

Always a chance they will.

If GTAV has the 3 cities, I wouldn't mind having 100 install discs.

G1T

Rockstar already said that GTA V will be Los Santos and the surrounding areas. Don't even try to say those "surrounding areas" are San Feirro and Las Venturas. It clearly means the countryside and small towns (i.e. Red County, which may be renamed). Stop trying to be some sort of detective, you're just going to disappoint yourself when the game is released.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Why does no one understand this suicidal.gif NO SAN FERRIO, NO LAS VENTURAS, NO CJ

HOLDMYBALLSACK
Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Why does no one understand this suicidal.gif NO SAN FERRIO, NO LAS VENTURAS, NO CJ

yes but there will be multiple cities there just keeping hush hush about it Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

G1T

RedLightsBlueNights

No. Textures take up the most space. So if bigger map, more textures. You don't want repetive textures, do you?

Anim in GTA IV, is like 700MB

While Audio 6GB

Textures is a little more than 6GB, I think.

That is for PC, consoles no idea.

IV on consoles took up 6.4GB on the NTSC versions and 6.6GB on the PAL versions. I think that the audio quality was increased and the texture resolutions were increased for the PC versions.

The highest I've seen a single disc hold on the Xbox 360 is 7.8GB. Red Dead Redemption holds 6.7GB and Max Payne 3 holds 7.7GB on disc 1 and 7.4GB on disc 2.

Xbox 360 game discs hold 9GB of data and Playstation 3 game discs hold 25GB of data.

You seem to have forgotten what site we're on. Intelligence is insulted and derided while wishful thinking is the standard.

downthrough
It has not been in development or pre-production since 2007. Also not "FULL development" since 2009. Back then North was primarily working on Agent (until it was passed off to SD).

I like how you say that as if you actually knew it was true. None of things you just said have been confirmed or denied so why state them as fact?

gta 5 has been in devlopment since 2007

Let me guess, your uncle works as a janitor to make toilets f*cking sparkle at the R*'s offices?

G1T

HOLDMYBALLSACK

Let me guess, your uncle works as a janitor to make toilets f*cking sparkle at the R*'s offices?

you know him then?

G1T

you know him then?

It was a very wild guess.

G1T

monsterjamp
Just an idea I had, no I'm not trolling or flaming.

We're all pretty sure by the statments Rockstar came out with etc that its just LS, a new version.

The game has been in development since 2007 and in FULL development since 2009. You could create a game the size of a country in 5 years (if there was enough space of course, which there isnt)

Now why did the trailer come out better part of a year ago? (almost 8 months I know, not far off a year) without any info since?

Maybe they announced the trailer, saw the hype and how many people wanted all 3 cities, or purely just changed their minds, and are now completely re developing the game to include SF and LV, like original san andreas? Or maybe I've just been sniffing too much glue.

I doubt it. R* will just divide LS into 3 parts. But GTA V will feel weird without LV or SF.

GTACrazyFan

Actually since the maps have ACTUAL detail they can take up a lot more space. It's possible they are bigger than the audio and animations.

They won't do it because of the stupidity of Microsoft. Why didn't they add Blu-Ray reader to it?

If you ask me the PS3 is way ahead of the Xbox 360 in many ways.