2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

HRT 1.4

Flame

Question for you, mates. As you know, some time ago I decided to use some textures from GTA IV, V and re-released on Android LCS. These games have also some common textures with SA, but in better quality (for SA they were reduced in that times). The textures are used not in the initial view; as the other textures, they were matched to colors and contrast of original textures to be similar to the original ones, so they don't look like "textures from V", for example. Also part of textures from other GTA games is small. But I care about "legal" question. How do you think, should I use in further these textures, or would it be better to replace them by my textures\textures from open libraries (it takes time again)?

Edited by Flame

Who knows, maybe. But I don't think that the modding dies. Such series as GTA will always has a lot of fans, including fans of old games, and it will be always interesting to research games materials, change something... But for me, if be honest, modding is not so interesting, like earlier.

Edited by Flame
  • Like 2

If these textures are non-downscaled textures that are in the game as you say they are, sure, why not use them (doesn't surprise me that they re-use assets). You also mentioned you made the colors match with the rest so that's just a job very well done then.

;)

If these textures are non-downscaled textures that are in the game as you say they are, sure, why not use them (doesn't surprise me that they re-use assets). You also mentioned you made the colors match with the rest so that's just a job very well done then.

I also think so, but I use also not only non-downscaled textures, but some ones that it is difficult to made or find, for example the shops facades. Edited by Flame

I also think so, but I use also not only non-downscaled textures, but some ones that it is difficult to made or find, for example the shops facades.

In that case just do what you think looks best (or provide some screenshots with comparisons and ask for opinions? Not everything has to exactly match vanilla, at least not for me. Some vanilla stuff are also R* mess-ups so in that case changing them could only make it better).

• Like 2

Flame, would not you rather call someone to help you with the project? because with more people in the project, you could finish the mod in a shorter time.

• Like 2

Back to LAn section (continue): Different places

This is a continue of previous report. As I wrote, despite the started work with the third part of the Los Santos (LAs), previous parts (LAn and LAn2) were highly updated from previous stages of work. Because of this I offer you to back for some time on this part, and then we move on the LAs.

Here a lot of screenshots with remapped buildings, including minor parts like the metal stairs, roads... From the other time resolution of some textures was raised, because now I use not reduced (because of optimization), but full-size textures (thanks to plugins), how they were done initially. Pay attention also to the new textures of sidewalks.

s39576824.jpg s05626526.jpg s20320437.jpg

s87366691.jpg s94495995.jpg s37293283.jpg

s01026963.jpg s31010238.jpg s36291020.jpg

s31757616.jpg s22952741.jpg s02023404.jpg

s42853239.jpg s18655794.jpg s20581451.jpg

s44926866.jpg s89530054.jpg s75037610.jpg

s18401205.jpg s86786166.jpg

s51778642.jpg s82105087.jpg

Read full news on hrt-mod.com:
Back to LAn section (continue): Different places

See the images also on Mod DB

Flame, would not you rather call someone to help you with the project? because with more people in the project, you could finish the mod in a shorter time.

Doing the mods in team is a really good idea, but I want finish this mod in the same way as it was started. Edited by Flame

Also for me is important your opinion about one question: Thoughts about improved HRT Pack 1.3 and the new poll.

Now I started the new poll and it is connected with possible version of old HRT Pack 1.3. For a lot time I think periodically about improving of this old version.

This mod, that was released in 2010, is still very interesting for people and it has 66863 (for today) downloads (version with autoinstaller). For me this mod seems a very simple now, because it was my first global modification for San Andreas, and I see a lot of shortcomings: the textures were made in very naive way, sometimes very bright colors etc. Also it has not MIP mapping feature (in that times it was not popular feature).

So it will be interesting to improve the old version. Not generally improve, of course, not remake all the mod (because for this I do HRT 1.4; HRT 1.4 is made full from scratch and does not share any files from 2010 mod), but fix some shortcomings and add MIP maps.

At the same time it's different question, whether to return to previous works, or leave them, just perceive it as something that is already done and just go ahead, to the next projects.

Anyway, now I'm not doing anything, but I'm just thinking.

Edited by Flame

Those are some awesome improvements over the old (HRT) textures I must say!

Can't find the mentioned poll, but maybe do enhanced versions of your older mods after this project (I mean if that is something you like doing by all means do it!)?

LaDiDa, oh, the poll is in the right part of the site. :) I must raise it higher. Unfortunate it's impossible to put it into the body of material.

but maybe do enhanced versions of your older mods after this project

Maybe. In the same time this (possible) one can be like a such kind of "warm-up" ("opening act").

BTW, all my previous global modifications already were improved (I mean the mods about different seasons), except the winter mod, because I lost all the materials in that times and there is no desire to finish it's improved version.

Edited by Flame

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back to LAn: Only few fixed places

I again apologize for so long delays between development reports. As you remember, the third (conditionally speaking) section of Los Angeles, LAs, is in the development now. At the same time, the first and second ones (LAn and LAn2) were highly improved. In this report you'll see some changes, connected with models on the LAn section.

On the first three images a typical mistake of the game's models: incorrect texture mapping. It's not difficult and not long to fix one such model; but if you have hundreds of such models it is a quite another matter. The fourth image prelight error (lightning parameters) fixed. On the fifth and sixth images is a «hole» in the model. These holes also were fixed. And finally, on the seventh and eighth images you can see the part of the object that does not have palpability, so player can fall through it. Was fixed too.

s72533391.jpg s65889349.jpg s71530561.jpg

s43621664.jpg s93067916.jpg s60307574.jpg

s55124261.jpg s94081279.jpg

About the terms of release. I want to say that I decided not to say an exact or even approximate mod's release date. Excuse me if this upsets you, but this would be better than to say new terms each time and not to keep promises then.

Also I want to express gratitude to people who find mistakes and misprints in the mod (and on the site) and send me messages about them.

s97222457.jpg

... And the time of approaching winter holidays starts! I wish everyone to have a good time, to choose great gifts for your close people and to enjoy this wonderful atmosphere of soon Christmas and New Year!

Read full news on hrt-mod.com: Back to LAn: Only few fixed places

See the images also on Mod DB

GTANet Annual Awards 2017: The Best Texture Mod

And a very big reason for joy. According to GTANet Annual Awards 2017, the mod was chosen as the best texture mod. Thanks to all people who have voted for the mod! And I hope that you will not be disappointed with the choice.

s93939120.jpg

Edited by Flame

Thank you, LaDiDa! And thanks to all!

• Like 1

I hope will be a lot of interesting presents in 2018! Happy New Year, mates.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very proud of you. This long term topic and project shows true dedication, that for others could had drag and sink them in sand because of the tremendous implication of working hours taken from their personal life, but you didn't give up and the project didn't beat you.

Thank you BLITZ, you understand me. I also have great respect you personally and your project, that in some aspects, including quality, is great example for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I update this Map from time to time, but I haven't not updated it for a long time. :(

• 1 month later...

Hey 4Arty. Yes, I am still in business, and mod's bright times are ahead. :)

Edited by Flame

MysticBlast3r26

Flame, does this mod require previous version like HRT 1.3 ??

and can you give me the latest link of the mod?
another thing i wanna know that is this mod complete and re-textures the whole map?

Hey MysticBlast3r26. This mod does not require installation of any previous mod. Just because it's completely new mod, not new version of HRT Pack 1.3. The mod was considered like a new version of previous mod at the beginning, but now this is fully new project and it haven't any shared files with old mod.

And yes, in this mod will be retextured the whole game map, and also all the interiors.

And link... It's not released yet. :)

Edited by Flame
  • Like 2

MysticBlast3r26

Flame, now i see
waiting for the release :r*:​ :r*:​

would be cool if you also retexture CJ as well!