2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

HRT 1.4

Flame

Interesting the source of this map and why exact these points are allocated. In remapping and fixing models I guided by the same judgements - I just will try to improve every object with bad mapping or glitches that I see on the way.

Hei Flame
New updates for the rural zone?

Unfortunately I haven't moved yet to the countryside, but I have a lot of updates for Los Santos and also for vehicles.

• 1 month later...

About the actual state of the mod
Vehicles
LAs section is started

From this news you can know about the actual state of the mod's development; the reason for which the new release date is defined now as «when it's done»; about the release of beta version; the latest changes, connected with LAn and LAn2 sections; start of the works with LAs (the third Los Santos section) and about the vehicles (including completely new images).

(Not to copy all information in the post, please see the full post on mod's site. Here I'll post some screenshots and cite the main)

What was done for the last time?

In December 2016 I wrote about the ending of the works with LAn2, the second part of Los Santos. In this way, were finished LAn and LAn2. But throughout the spring I've greatly remade and improved these sections again.

One of the changes — is using of even more heavy textures than before. When I do a texture, I often try to make it in 2048x2048 pixels resolution. But sometimes, because of the incorrect work of the game, I had to decrease its resolution to 1024x1024 or even 512x512 pixels. But now the game works correctly thanks to many wonderful plugins by the community, and average parameters of users PCs, including graphics cards memory, are better then few years before. And while I improved these sections, I have increased the resolution of these optimized textures to their original 2048x2048 resolution. Also some textures were improved to this resolution.

And as an interesting experiment I'm trying to use in some cases even 4096x4096 pixels resolution textures (what can be called fashionable phrase — 4K).

A lot of places on LAn and LAn2 sections were improved again. Also I found a lot of missed before models defects and have fixed them.

Footage with these improved places are captured some time ago, and I still must mount them to the videos.

In addition, although someone may think this is a trifle, I've seriously changed a structure of my working files, and started to place files in more convenient way. Maybe thanks to this development also will be better.

Some vehicles

A lot of work was done with vehicles. See the previous report for details about the vehicles in the mod, and in this report, below, you can see some fresh images.

Marquis

s23484770.jpg s47867893.jpg

s04608259.jpg s17303142.jpg

s12570808.jpg s16046189.jpg

s26782439.jpg

Bike

s81313557.jpg s36305598.jpg

s24552878.jpg s61271080.jpg

s67648895.jpg

Bloodring Banger

s95210618.jpg s27241092.jpg

s25966525.jpg

LAs section is started

And, finally, the work with the third part of Los Santos, the LAs section, is started. Below you can see a few images, connected with new section. These are two textures of the walls and one texture of the hedgerow, that is also based on the photo

s88214184.jpg s57055967.jpg

s59058021.jpg

Read full news on hrt-mod.com:
About the actual state of the mod; vehicles; LAs section is started

See the images also on Mod DB

Edited by Flame

BobFromReboot

Good to see you're still working on this!

Suggestion: Do a first pass on untouched parts before reworking things you've already done. Everything you've already made, from what I can see in screenshots, is already a huge improvement over the base game. I feel like you're getting yourself stuck in a rut by redoing the same parts over and over again.

• Like 3

I have to agree with bob on that, however if things stand out too much because of subpar quality (as you said yourself) I get that you would like to redo that part. It might however be better to keep it as is and after publishing a v1.0/beta get constructive feedback from the community and gather some opinions on what does/doesn't work and then rework with the gathered (constructive) feedback, it could save time in the end.

• Like 2

Good to see you're still working on this!

Suggestion: Do a first pass on untouched parts before reworking things you've already done. Everything you've already made, from what I can see in screenshots, is already a huge improvement over the base game. I feel like you're getting yourself stuck in a rut by redoing the same parts over and over again.

I have to agree with bob on that, however if things stand out too much because of subpar quality (as you said yourself) I get that you would like to redo that part.

You're right about this, I must work much more rationally.

Thanks for your good comments!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Insane how you are still working on this since 2011 lmao, can't wait when this actually officially gets released, nice work man.

• Like 2

Vehicles: Savanna

In this report I'll show you Savanna screenshots. This is a lowrider car that appears only in GTA: San Andreas. It's based on 1964 Chevrolet Impala, and also has a similar rear to those from 1963 Chevrolet Biscayne. It is one of the cars that can be modified in a customization shop (Loco Low Co, in this case). Some players remember that I've shown this vehicle earlier, few years ago, but now this car was improved again, and textures quality is much better now. Like all the vehicles in the mod, this one also has MIP maps.

s15256235.jpg s45054031.jpg

s23065357.jpg s24121825.jpg

s73188265.jpg s34083138.jpg

s58941184.jpg s53532433.jpg

s66824863.jpg s60017665.jpg

s42266017.jpg s91300377.jpg

s44369951.jpg

At the same time, due the ambiguous situation with cars retexturing (one of the minuses of this feature it is not very evident results) I recommend you to read previous news.

s40906469.jpg

Vehicles: Savanna

Actually, the difference is very much noticeable on the cars with open roofs (since it mostly applies to interiors of cars and a few details that are added to vehicles, like the police sirens and such)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

s34083138.jpg

s58941184.jpg s53532433.jpg

Damn that f*cking paintjob is the sh*t! Looks almost like the original, but BETTER. Too bad I barely touch GTA SA at all these days. I'd love to have this sh*t ingame about 5-10 years ago...

@Flame : Will you be making coll shadows too?

Would be an interesting add-on!

Awesome

Edited by Stellasin

• 2 weeks later...

this looks so good :blink: , btw are u using sharpening filter

Yes, I use sharpening in Photoshop. Hope I not overdid. :)

@Flame : Will you be making coll shadows too?

Stellasin, do you mean the shadows that will be dynamic? Oh I really not know much about this theme, where I can read more about this?

Can you give me the link for the main mod

Mod is not released yet.

Thanks for your comments, mates.

Edited by Flame
  • Like 1

Inside the .col there is a shadow mesh for objects that cast dynamic shadows:

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Collision_File

I did not test this feature, but I know that in SA dynamic shadows are "saved" in COL files. Interesting, is it possible to use this for all the buildings, or only for simple things. And is there any mod that uses that feature and adds dynamic shadows for buildings?

not wanting to be annoying, but Flame, do you expect to release this mod yet this year?

Edited by MSB165

not wanting to be annoying, but Flame, do you expect to release this mod yet this year?

You are not annoying. :)

Mod definitely will be not released this year, because there are only few months left. For me this is sad, because I feel that I should to finish it a long time ago. But I can't. So, this situation I've described in previous post about the mod. I think that all the mods must not be a long time in the development, because author can just lost interest, or get many other important things and hobbies, because of which the tempo of work on the mod will be almost zero.

Edited by Flame

Inside the .col there is a shadow mesh for objects that cast dynamic shadows:

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Collision_File

I did not test this feature, but I know that in SA dynamic shadows are "saved" in COL files. Interesting, is it possible to use this for all the buildings, or only for simple things. And is there any mod that uses that feature and adds dynamic shadows for buildings?

Take a look at Ezekiels mapshadows beta: http://gtaforums.com/topic/869168-gta-sa-map-shadows/

It added dynamic shadows for the tall buildings in central LS (they only work with Shadow Settings Extender though). No clue how well the game would handle shadow meshes on all buildings, guess there's only one way to find out :p

Take a look at Ezekiels mapshadows beta: http://gtaforums.com/topic/869168-gta-sa-map-shadows/

It added dynamic shadows for the tall buildings in central LS (they only work with Shadow Settings Extender though). No clue how well the game would handle shadow meshes on all buildings, guess there's only one way to find out :p

Thanks, it looks really great. I will look at this mod (I mean how it works), but I don't want to add the new feature to HRT's to do list. :) Edited by Flame
  • Like 2

Back to LAn section: latest changes on the first section

I welcome again all those who follow the progress in creating this modification. This progress, unfortunately, is very long, but it will bring its results. In the last «full format» news (About the actual state of the mod; vehicles; LAs section is started), that was posted at the beginning of August, I told about the whole situation about mod's creating and terms of finishing work. For me this situation is unpleasant, but now the tempo of the development is quite low, and in that news I've described it in more detail. Also there were listed the main achievements for the last time. Generally, after finishing LAn and LAn2 sections of Los Santos the third part of this city LAs was started. At the same time, work on vehicles was started again.

You will see the images from the third section (LAs) and with vehicles in future posts. And now, due to the fact that I very often return to the sections that are already done and rework many of them again and again, I would like to show you some screenshots of the improved LAn section. As you know, this is the first part of the city and it was finished some time ago. But periodically I returned and made various changes to it. Compared with previous times, a quality of textures was raised, and as always I had found a lot of little defects and even glitches on the models and have fixed them.

What about textures. If earlier limits of the game imposed restrictions, now (thanks to the existence of excellent plugins by community), we can use much more heavy textures without any problems for the game. In connection with this, a lot of textures that earlier were made in 512x512 and 1024x1024 pixels resolution, now were increased to 2048x2048 pixels (I've returned non-optimized variants). Also, as an experiment, in some places I started to use even 4K textures, and in future I'll try to use more such textures.

Well, I offer to back to the first part of Los Santos and see what's new there.

s60197390.jpg s06847822.jpg s97638564.jpg

s01641109.jpg s27225196.jpg s37999056.jpg

s46740731.jpg s42004483.jpg s43359446.jpg

s11769143.jpg s46611863.jpg s10581530.jpg

s76210901.jpg s41187213.jpg s86828038.jpg

s88719380.jpg s67948558.jpg s80635888.jpg

s92713878.jpg s33213600.jpg s70962060.jpg

s03936701.jpg s73190228.jpg s94579057.jpg

s20063977.jpg s98650576.jpg s21919007.jpg

s19510478.jpg s43901750.jpg s69839063.jpg

s06847822.jpg s11950440.jpg

Back to LAn section: latest changes on the first section

Also I ask you to pay attention to my Autumn Sunshine mod. This is a massive modification for San Andreas dedicated to the autumn season. It has dozens of new features and really great, as for me, visual style.