3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

HRT 1.4

Flame

Briefly about the vehicles; Barracs, Walton and other

As I promised before, today's report will be dedicated to the vehicles. In fact, I want to make series of reports that will be dedicated to the different vehicles in the modification. But for a start I want to give a brief summary how will be improved textures of the cars in HRT 1.4.

Vehicles in this report: Barracs, Journey, Walton, AT-400, Cargobob, BF-400, Faggio, Cement Truck, Combine Harvester.

(Not to copy all information in the post, please see the full post on mod's site. Here I'll post some screenshots).

0_243086_1d058e6c_S.jpg 0_24308d_8603e9bd_S.jpg 0_24308e_9637535d_S.jpg 0_243090_3560bbdb_S.jpg 0_243098_e0052bf4_S.jpg

Read full news on hrt-mod.com:
Briefly about the vehicles; Barracs, Walton and other

One thing that bugs me about SA vehicles is the wheels. They don't look round at all. It would be a nice feature to make the wheel models smoother (round).

The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | TESORO Gram XS | Xtrfy MZ1 | Xbox Elite v2 | Hifiman Sundara | Fiio K9 Pro

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro

One thing that bugs me about SA vehicles is the wheels. They don't look round at all. It would be a nice feature to make the wheel models smoother (round).

1. Install SA Default Improved vehicles.

2. Profit. 😕

Really it's as easy as that.

• Like 1

I know about that mod. Only problem is they are based on PC vehicles which don't provide good reflections with SkyGFX.

The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | TESORO Gram XS | Xtrfy MZ1 | Xbox Elite v2 | Hifiman Sundara | Fiio K9 Pro

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

BobFromReboot

Have you tried it out? The reflections look fine to me, I'm not sure if it's due to the combined fixes or what but I would definitely always use them over the original PC cars. GIve it a shot, it'll take you 15 minutes to try out using modloader.

I was using PS2 vehicles, which have better reflections.

The Audiophile Thread

This was discussed in the SkyGFX topic at one point. The Hero can confirm. He converted the PS2 vehicles which are less buggy in comparison with the PC ones.

Edited by ΣΓ

The Audiophile Thread

BobFromReboot

The only mention of SA Default Improved vehicles in that thread is LaDiDa suggesting it, and you liking the post lol. So you never even tried it? I just compared the PS2 vehicles to those and the SkyGFX PS2 reflections looked the same on both. The wheels however look much nicer on the SADIV though obviously.

They may use the PC models as a base but they seem to have done something to fix the reflections. I've never had any glitches using it. Only thing I can say again is to try it yourself, instead of waiting for an alternative that may never come since these already exist as a free download.

Edit: Back on topic.

@Flame:

I'm pretty sure you said you were before, but I just thought I would ask since it's not apparent from the screens. Are you also touching up the interior parts of the txds of each vehicle?

Edited by BobFromReboot

I actually have it installed. I also had it before and maybe I just assumed that the reflections would be the same. I'm using VCS reflections which are already kinda buggy so yeah, I guess I was wrong.

• Like 1

The Audiophile Thread

I know about that mod. Only problem is they are based on PC vehicles which don't provide good reflections with SkyGFX.

They have the ps2 materials (they look as reflective as the hero's ps2 converted cars).

EDIT: @BobFromReboot : the interiors of the vehicles is what is pretty much in those txd's along with some decals/extras. The outer body is handled by carcols.dat as far as I remember.

Edited by LaDiDa

Flame, please remember to fix the missing decals on the street racers and the Sandking. The mentioned Improved Default Vehicles eg dont have that.

Also, are you using the the Fixed Vanilla Vehicles or the Improved Default Vehicles as a base for this mod?

Flame, please remember to fix the missing decals on the street racers and the Sandking. The mentioned Improved Default Vehicles eg dont have that.

Also, are you using the the Fixed Vanilla Vehicles or the Improved Default Vehicles as a base for this mod?

Fixed Vanilla Vehicles or Improved Default Vehicles are not used as a base for the vehicles, I just improve vehicles textures according the original textures. As I see, at least the second mod contains changed .txds, so it's needed to adapt my textures to this mod if it will be integrated. I need to think about this, but currently I'll just improve textures a little as I planned. By the way, which mod (from these two) is better in sense of number of fixes defects?

I'm pretty sure you said you were before, but I just thought I would ask since it's not apparent from the screens. Are you also touching up the interior parts of the txds of each vehicle?

Yes, interior parts also are improved, but (I must be honest) don't wait for something special from this; but some cars interiors look much better, you will see this on the screenshots soon.
  • Like 2

@Flame

The default improved vehicles are a continuation of fixed vanilla vehicles (build on top of it, though likely an older version because of the decals being not yet fixed) and aims to improve the models beyond just fixes of vanilla vehicles by improving the model (great examples are the round wheels and interior of the coach).

LaDiDa, thanks for clarifying!

I just looked at a few textures included in the Improved Default Vehicles at random and they all seem to be unmodified.

BobFromReboot

I just looked at a few textures included in the Improved Default Vehicles at random and they all seem to be unmodified.

That's right, so if Flame is only redoing the txds they should fit right in.

Are you going to adapt the vehicles with IMVEHFT and AD...

If not can you please do thissss..

Don't jump on me if I asked sooo much....

Update ?

Edited by 5 ALEX

Update ?

Sssshhhhhhh, you'll wake him up after some hardwork which entitles him to a good sleep once in a while :miranda: .

Mates, I very glad that you're waiting for the updates, soon definite will be new images, I must be quicker. For me "media" (images and posts here) and development - are like two different threads that now always intersect, and in one day it's be better to make more things in the mod than post new images.

I have not such skills to edit all these models. You can try this mod. Original models that were adapted to ImVehFt.

• Like 1

Mates, I very glad that you're waiting for the updates, soon definite will be new images, I must be quicker. For me "media" (images and posts here) and development - are like two different threads that now always intersect, and in one day it's be better to make more things in the mod than post new images.

I have not such skills to edit all these models. You can try this mod. Original models that were adapted to ImVehFt.

No need to work faster 😉.

We are all just way too hyped for HRT1.4

Looking forward to seeing your work on the vehicle textures (interiors should look at least somewhat better).

Vehicles: Admiral, Alpha, Banshee, Cheetah, Comet, BMX

In the continuation of the posts about the vehicles in the modification (for more details about them and to know how they will be improved, see the previous report), screenshots of Admiral, Alpha, Banshee, Cheetah, Comet and BMX.

Generally, almost all the cars in this report can be as an example of the fact that improving of cars textures cannot change view of the cars a lot. But, however, the interiors of all these cars are much better now. This is especially evident on the comparative screenshot of the Admiral.

Finally, pay attention at the BMX bike. Iron parts of it now are more detailed.

0_243b4a_bdff66da_M.jpg 0_243b4b_7dc0fe21_M.jpg

0_243b4c_ef750c68_M.jpg 0_243b4d_79631d89_M.jpg

0_243b48_5311a3f8_M.jpg 0_243b49_341e9b9f_M.jpg

0_243b51_fab5337b_M.jpg 0_243b52_70f047ad_M.jpg

0_243b4e_eaf884b3_M.jpg 0_243b4f_594c4083_M.jpg

0_243b50_d2b8897a_L.jpg

You can see these screenshots also on Mod DB

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: Vehicles: Admiral, Alpha, Banshee, Cheetah, Comet, BMX

Edited by Flame

Haha these new textures looked really weird at my phone (in 720p), but on my laptop @1080p they look great lol :p

By the way, mates, how do you think - what mod that changes vehicle.txd is the best? I want to change vehicle.txd in the similar ways, or include one of the exists mods (of course, with permission of its author).

And thanks all for the "likes"! :)

Edited by Flame

There's mine which is included in the latest Downgrader, which uses mobile assets and the original vehicle lights sourced from GTAV, scaled to twice the size of the original so it still fits in without being too HD if that makes sense,but i kept the originals if you'd want it higher quality.

Thanks, but I think that textures from V are different from SA's. If you want, you can give me your vehicle.txd, I want to try to repeat the same result (with free textures of lights, scratches and some on).

UPD. Oh, you're meant latest Steam Downgrader, I did not immediately realize what is what.

Also there is a very good vehicle.txd mod that made by Junior_Djjr, textures are really great.

Edited by Flame
  • Like 2

ECG - Vehicle.txd hands down. The one you showed :p

Edited by LaDiDa
  • Like 3

Thanks, but I think that textures from V are different from SA's.

I tracked down the ones that match the closest, and really only one set of rear lights are different, the rest of the ones they used in San Andreas were there, so I was able to make a lights texture at 1024x1024, which I then scaled down to 256x256 so it wouldn't stand out that much.

As for other improvements, I used the vehicle shatter from the mobile version, which is 256x256 instead of 128x128, and the scratch texture which is 128x128 instead of 64x64.

• Like 3