3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Flame

HRT 1.4

The Hero

@aap: Any hope to see Direct3D 11/12, more recent graphical features or better hardware usage implemented in librw (like multi-threading, better streaming, higher engine limits) ?

In theory, yes. Right now I'm implementing an OpenGL 3.3 driver for librw. I don't know if the design of the engine lends itself so well to these modern 3D apis. You just have to see how far you can come.

BobFromReboot

Flame when you redo something like an artwork/painting on a wall, have you been redrawing them from scratch, or simply filter them, overlay details and move on? I am currently attempting to redraw the mural in Las Venturas, near the chapel with the ramp behind it.

The original is so pixelated I can't even tell what half the things are. What do you do in situations like this when something is so blurry you are unable to replicate it in higher resolution?

Edit: Congrats on 50 pages!

Edited by BobFromReboot

Flame

I invented something interesting to create HD variants of artworks - I took parts of the same images (as the loadscreens) from official arts that were published by Rockstar in higher resolution and even from their screensavers, and combined these parts with improved by filters original images. (Why combined? Because in arts characters are placed a little differently). Sounds strange, but result is good. So I didn't redraw them (I cannot draw now, and this is bad), but because of this I invited this interesting idea.

One minus - I saved the images with 4:3 (like in original game) proportions. Maybe it's needed to create 16:9 variants.

60 pages soon! I like to see "life" in this thread. :)

Edited by Flame

BobFromReboot

That is pretty much how I made my HD cards. I was lucky enough that Rockstar already had very high resolution promotional images on their website that were also the source images for the original low quality cards. I will show you my redone artwork here when I am finished.

Flame

BobFromReboot, yes, I will be very glad to integrate your mod into HRT.

Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn2 section is almost finished

64794889.png

I'm glad to report that LAn2, one of the sections on which is divided Los Santos city, state San Andreas, USA, is almost finished.

Read more

Edited by Flame

The Duke Of Nukes

LAn2 section is almost finished

I'm glad to report that LAn2 one of the sections on which is divided Los Santos city, state San Andreas, USA is almost finished.

Read more

Eggcellent+cracks+me+up_4679da_4640747.j

Flame

LAn2, №24: Channels

The channels, connected with Los Santos river. In this place channels end near some buildings. There are three in-game screenshots (note on the photorealistic texture of the dirt) and one comparison image with one incorrect mapping problem that was, like always, fixed in the mod.

0_223f4c_da397789_M.jpg 0_223f4d_39260ca5_M.jpg 0_223f4e_373b5b6b_M.jpg

0_223f4f_4c0cdd90_M.jpg

You can see these screenshots also on Mod DB

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: LAn2: Channels

BobFromReboot

Hey Flame hope things are going well. Did you see that the streaming memory bug was fixed in the latest Silent Patch?

Flame

Hello, BobFromReboot. No, I did not see this. It's very good news for modding.

Also I want to apologize for long delays between updates (mod's news). In the near future I want to do some cases in real life and take a break from computer things. :) New videos and so on are still in the plans. Release date "is in the fog" even for me.

Thanks all for watching for my humble mod.

Edited by Flame

OZGUR

The mods released in 2025...

Springfield

Man, you should really needed to release it's demo version, cuz i cant wait to download and try it.

MCThug

I second that

darkdrifter

With a second though, I think this gun would be shown in its form of glory if you added some ambiant occlusion to the texture, so we could better see the shape of it (maybe use vertex prelighting like the rest of the game) ;)

Flame

New HRT 1.4 video: Ammu-Nation store (comparison video)

As I promised yesterday, this is the second video with Ammu-Nation weapons store.

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: New HRT 1.4 video: Ammu-Nation store (comparison video)

With a second though, I think this gun would be shown in its form of glory if you added some ambiant occlusion to the texture, so we could better see the shape of it (maybe use vertex prelighting like the rest of the game) ;)

I agree that some volumetric for this object (the gun) is very needed, but I'm not very good at using prelighting for volumetric effect, but I think that with ENBSeries it will look how it must look - because in the default settings of ENBSeries in the mod will be enabled (most likely) ambient occlusion. Edited by Flame

darkdrifter

I agree that some volumetric for this object (the gun) is very needed, but I'm not very good at using prelighting for volumetric effect, but I think that with ENBSeries it will look how it must look - because in the default settings of ENBSeries in the mod will be enabled (most likely) ambient occlusion.

Screen space ambiant occlusion will help, but clearly not as acurate as a baked occlusion map (integrated into the diffuse texture since GTA SA doesn't support occlusion map AFAIK). Not everyone likes ENB series too, and I think prelighting would be the best idea since your goal is to keep the original feel and look. I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure someone can help (The Hero or Silent maybe ? :) )

The Duke Of Nukes

New HRT 1.4 video is released: Ammu-Nation store in Los Santos

Finally, after a long pause, the new video from HRT 1.4 graphics modification is released! It is connected with Ammu-Nation weapons store in Los Santos.

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: New HRT 1.4 video is released: Ammu-Nation store in Los Santos

Just curious, what's the color depth of the new textures you're making?

Flame

Just curious, what's the color depth of the new textures you're making?

32 bit color depth.

Lennie.

Still checking this topic frequently and it's good to see there is still progress. Very good work! I am just wondering when you will be bringing out an alpha version of the mod? It would be a good 'advertisement' for the mod. There are probably more people who just can't wait to try this perfect looking mod. If you have any plans on an alpha (soon), I would like to hear it, so I can hop on the hype train XD. Keep up the good work and do it as you want.

Springfield

The mod will released in 3001

darkdrifter

Hey Flame, it has been a while since the latest update.

Have you some setbacks that made you stop you developement or something ? :/

I don't wanna do the stalker of "updates ?" or "relase mod now plz" guy, but I'd really like to see a pack when the whole Los Santos island is done, I have way too much waited for this mod (and I think I'm not the only one), and I don't think I'd still play GTA SA by the time this mod releases.

Without the community excitement of finally having a part of the mod released, I'm sure you'll be loosing motivation and developement speed.

An alternative solution would be to do something like the RE4HD mod developper: release a pack when a new section of the game is done (for example when LAe2 zone is finished, release a pack, and go on something else, so people can see your progress in their own game, and everyone's happy) :)

Edited by darkdrifter

Flame

Hello darkdrifter and all who like my mod and watch for it.

Honestly, I'm glad to get a message in my thread like yours, that the mod is needed for players and still expected; activity of the community is really needed for my motivation.

But I didn't stopped the development, just making the mod very slowly. Tomorrow I'll post a big message about the latest progress (but looking ahead I can say that everything is good). And idea of releasing mod by parts is interesting in fact, and I think about this. :)

Edited by Flame

Shakez

Flameeee...FK YEAH!
can't wait

Flame

As I promised before, I wrote a long message about current progress and what I think about a beta version of the mod. To not to copy full and long post here, I just added link. Please, read if you are interested. And in the end of post there are some new screenshots.

About latest progress and thoughts about future open beta version; screenshots

(post on hrt-mod.com)

I said before that open beta could be released before the end of this (2016) year. Now I understand that this is difficult doable and, most likely, it will not be released this year. But the open beta will be obligatory.

There is also one interesting question about structure of future beta version.

Very often people ask me about possibly release by parts. Earlier I did not find this idea attractive, because a lot of time ago, when I released first versions of old HRT Pack by the parts (for example, HRT Pack 1.0 was only with textures of one city, and then, in the next version, to one city was added another one, and another) some people were confused and did not know, what version is needed to be installed (and downloaded all versions and install them, instead of simple installation of the latest etc).

And when I only started work on HRT 1.4, I also tried to release selected places from the mod as mini-mods. This experiment was not very successful: downloads were small, and time that was needed to packing and preparing of mini-mods could be spend on the main works.

So I've decided that if it's needed to release HRT 1.4 before the final version, it must be released in any case with all the cities, with remade the whole state...

Nevertheless, given the fact that everything is very delayed, and the numerous comments that it would be good to release mod by parts, I again began to think about it. In fact this is a good idea and maybe I'll release the first (beta) versions in such way.

In this case the first beta version could contains only one of few sections of Los Santos, for example. The second beta could contains another section (in additional to the ones from the first version) and improvements to previous. And each beta can be a separate product (I mean that the second beta will contain all from the first beta + improvements etc).

0_233bbb_9b2cabd3_M.jpg 0_233bbc_79f8fe15_M.jpg

0_233bbd_f5256cc3_M.jpg 0_233bbe_80484ce3_M.jpg

0_233bbf_268b6af2_M.jpg 0_233bc0_a189c791_M.jpg

BobFromReboot

Why not just do HRT 1.4 the first city, then increment upwards (1.5, 1.6) until you are done all three and countryside? At that point you could just call it HRT 2.0 since it will be completely different from HRT 1.

Flame

Because HRT 1.4 is already the full name of the mod. I mean that this is not a version number anymore. Initially it was a number of version, but because of mod is fully relaunched and remade in comparison with HRT 1.3, I decided to consider that this is just a new part.

New, fourth part. And first released version of HRT 1.4 will be have 1.0 version number according to this. At least now I think so.

So, if HRT 1.5 will be, this can be only new part in series with a lot of very huge changes. But, of course, about the fifth part I'm talking just in theory, because I just must to finish this part and then will be good to do something other.

Edited by Flame

DEALUX

Amazing work. I can't wait to try this out.

Amadeo1234

Hello, Flame, it's Amadeo as you can see :)

I still remember of your working about HRT pack for GTA SA. This is my favorite game. So.. I'm playing in San Andreas with HRT 1.3 version on Macbook Air 13" and want to say it works quite so good. Actually, I didn't expect something like that. I mean, the game shows the excellent results (for Mac OS) with high video presets on your textures there, really! But I have disabled Enb library because I'm lazy to make some presets about brightness, contrast etc :)

All of this is tested by a virtual machine.

I have read the article about beta-version. I'm so interested of this. I mean, if HRT 1.4 works perfectly on Macbook, it must be so wonderful! :)

Anyway, I will be testing that. And finally, I will make some donation for your job as soon as possible.