3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Flame

HRT 1.4

Flame

Thanks for "likes". Soon will be some new media, and I glad that mod again "was back on the rails" and "drive" faster than earlier.

This design is much better for mobile phones (I am on my Lumia right now). In general I prefer a powerful image over small indistinguishable ones. Choose the top image wisely ;) If someone clicks an article I think he is rewarded with more images?

Thanks! Yes, of course. I also think about special template, adapted for mobile phones. :) Must confess that work with sites is very interesting for me. As the game world, this is also something like a little world. Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn2, №18:
At night

The night fell on Los Santos... Thick shadows (okay, not very thick, until we not figured out with visual effects) enveloped the megalopolis... The moon is shining bright on a cloudy sky... These are night screenshots of LAn2.

0_21c090_15249019_M.jpg 0_21c091_6d3af126_M.jpg 0_21c092_d66ba467_M.jpg

0_21c093_42f64b68_M.jpg 0_21c098_70ef1d8f_M.jpg 0_21c097_82bb2e8b_M.jpg

0_21c095_7b70376d_M.jpg 0_21c094_609be2bc_M.jpg 0_21c099_4b61f2cc_M.jpg

You can see these screenshots also on Mod DB

Interesting fact: night windows are usually made in GTA: San Andreas as separate objects that add by the game on (over) the buildings objects at night. So when I retexture the building, I must pay attention at this — if new windows on the texture will shifted relative to the original ones, this will be bad... I also must say that in the original game night windows are not always located right by developers — sometimes between the buildings and its night windows can be some distance (but this is not very evident). I like more when night windows are showed with vertex colors (fourth screenshot); for this model must be more detail and it is not always possible to do this.

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: LAn2: At night

P.S. I have changed image with mod's logo in the first post of this thread, and images on the Mod DB page, they are with the night city too.

Edited by Flame

FuppySid

Hi,excellent work dude I've been hyped for this mod since 2013 and I want to ask you something. Are you planning to do a second pass on San Fierro aswell and if so why?

Flame

LAn2, №19: At nigh

There are few additional screenshots on the same theme.

0_21c0d8_a9dc2d31_M.jpg 0_21c0d9_9c4725b9_M.jpg

0_21c0da_c6139ff3_M.jpg 0_21c0db_f7094a04_M.jpg 0_21c0dc_73c4a41f_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: LAn2: At night (continue)

FuppySid, thanks. It is very important that there are people who really wait for the mod so long, because that's like in case with commercial game - as gamer I can imagine that wait for something is not always pleasant.

At the same time I cannot release a bad-quality mod (and this is answer on question about second pass for San Fierro, I will redo it again). I don't want to release bad-quality mod, and must set one quality level for the whole mod. This is difficult, because something in the mod was made a long time ago, something recently. I see on the content that I made a long time ago and think that something made bad, and want to redo. Like in case with Los Santos. When I saw textures that were made at the start, they seemed to me very weak. I started to redo Los Santos from scratch and still do this. Result is great, but... With this approach to the mod it's easy to "bogged down in the swamp" (we have such expression). And because of this I must and finish mod fast, and make one quality for all the mod. Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn2, №20: Ammu-Nation

Ammu-Nation is one of the famous brands in the game; a network of weapons shops. One of the shops is located on LAn2 section. Exactly this Ammu-Nation shop is notable for the layout of the huge revolver. This revolver is a problem place for retexturing mods. Because it's difficult to improve its look only with textures changing. Original model is very low polygonal. I decided that it's time to fully replace it!

0_21d318_2ecbadfd_M.jpg

0_21d317_2560dd9f_M.jpg 0_21d30f_599bbf0c_M.jpg

0_21d310_7e8ea4b1_M.jpg 0_21d311_6d4d02db_M.jpg

0_21d312_e58b4537_M.jpg 0_21d313_e9efb608_M.jpg

Also were added night lights of the building's windows thanks to prelight they «shining» in the dark night.

0_21d314_6911e6da_M.jpg 0_21d315_175ecf8_M.jpg

0_21d316_4b24b057_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: An2: Ammu-Nation

Edited by Flame

Edgrd

the new revolver models looks nice , but the texture for the model seems wrong. idk tho , maybe its just me.

Toghrul Rahimli

Yes, i completely agree with Issik. I love everything except for that. That texture could be taken from real life weapon.

darkdrifter

I also think that the gun texture looks wrong, I'd prefer something more like the original texture.

Flame

Gun texture will not be changed again, I don't consider that it's bad and don't want to waste time.

But I must notice that model may look not "volumetric" enough. With ambient occlusion that will be added with ENBSeries, it will look better. This model was improved for the first time in the mods.

Edited by Flame

Edgrd

With ambient occlusion that will be added with ENBSeries, it will look better. This model was improved for the first time in the mods.

not everyone can run SA with ENB you know.

but im not saying you should remake the texture , im not pushing you , just letting you know.

oh , and i dont think its wasting time , if its for the better.

Edited by Issik

BobFromReboot

I like the original texture better too. A simple attempt to upscale the original texture would work better with the new model. it would also align better with the goal of making these textures in the same mood/style as the originals.

Flame

Thanks for your opinions and comments. This is bad that there are so little comments when all was remade good and I see commentaries only when something is remade not very good.

Don't forget that I do this mod as I can. Maybe I cannot do better because of skills are not well. Maybe later I'll back to the texture and redo it.

But it's not correct to claim a lot from me. I glad that you are waiting for the mod, but understand me - I do this non-commercial mod for a few years; textures always can be better, that's why I redo Los Santos for the second time from scratch, and that's why I'll redo San Fierro. I have very high requirements to the quality of my mod, and I always see, what I can do better. But sometimes is needed not to rework each time each element - as I do now, because mod can be forever in the development. I don't want this.

Edited by Flame

darkdrifter

Thanks for your opinions and comments. This is bad that there are so little comments when all was remade good and I see commentaries only when something is remade not very good.

It not because there is fewer comment when the mod is going "in the right direction" that it means that people are only here to complain.

We wouldn't be here for all those years if the mod was going nowhere. You make us dream Flame, dream about a gorgeous looking vanilla-styled GTA SA. :)

Keep it up, and come back on the texture if you feel like it / got the skill to do it right. Even if the mod is finished and released, I can just get the vanilla texture if that bother me too much ;)

Flame

darkdrifter, I really thankful for such support. I agree that maybe revolver texture is not ideal. I captured even some video footage with Ammu-Nation, but I did not mount them into the video. Soon you will see it also in dynamic.

I want to believe that I've set the high bar of quality for this mod, but I always understand, how many things I don't know... Maybe after years I'll have desire to remake again the textures, because I'll be better in this case, in work with textures - who knows. Now I even cannot say that I'm professional in this. No, there are still a lot of things I must learn. But it is important not to get bogged down with one project. It's important to finish this mod fast.

I think that I (maybe) will try to change textures of revolver again. But I was happy when I finish with this object and not very want to go back.

It's impossible to use just old resized texture, because revolver has not the one, but a few textures for different parts. It would be cool to "bake" the texture with fake shadows and so on, and model would be better and more "volumetric" thanks to this, but I don't know how to make this now.

So, we will see at this later. Soon I'll show you new objects and I very wait for comments. And I hope we will finally finish with this part of location.

Edited by Flame

The_GTA

Sounds cool! I am hyped to learn about the "new objects". I do not know about the revolver until I see video :)

But I love how you used the vertex lighting to give the illusion of light coming through Ammu-Nations window at night. Really smart.

Edited by The_GTA

Flame

Sounds cool! I am hyped to learn about the "new objects". I do not know about the revolver until I see video :)

But I love how you used the vertex lighting to give the illusion of light coming through Ammu-Nations window at night. Really smart.

Thanks, The_GTA, I hope I'll release the video in the first days of June. :)

Well, these are the promised new screenshots. Hope you will like them.

LAn2, №21: Different buildings

In this report I'll show you different buildings, streets and places from the part of Los Santos that is named LAn2. These are and familiar places, that you could see in previous reports, and places that I'll show for the first time. In HRT 1.4, in contradistinction to other textures modifications, will be retextured each object on the game world. Each -- this is not a hyperbole.

0_21d8c3_14301bb5_M.jpg 0_21d8c4_354e1f1c_M.jpg 0_21d8c6_4a923848_M.jpg

0_21d8c5_8dd18cae_M.jpg 0_21d8c7_c4a828f9_M.jpg 0_21d8c8_510b3b22_M.jpg

0_21d8c9_7a602358_M.jpg 0_21d8cb_3c7eda80_M.jpg 0_21d8cc_b972b59a_M.jpg

0_21d8ca_a37157be_M.jpg 0_21d8cd_66adde51_M.jpg 0_21d8c1_dd7ac24f_M.jpg

0_21d8c2_b31df8a4_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com:

LAn2: Different buildings

Reyks

This mod impresses me more and more with each new screen, these textures look absolutely gorgeous!

Btw I saw a in few posts back that you're also retexturing and remodelling LODs, sadly LODs don't support mipmaps in this game, this means that when high resolution textures are used they will appear "noisy" when looked at from a certain distance, regardless if the texture has mipmaps or not.

I'm hoping someone with great coding skills can fix this issue, better looking lods with working mipmaps would certainly make the game look a lot nicer.

TWIST_OF_HATE

Flame, what inspires you to work so hard on this project ? May be SA is your favourite game of them all ? Or atleast your favourite GTA ?))

P.S. Personally, I like all 3D era GTA's, but in terms of atmosphere - GTA III is absolutely best for me. Which is why I'm very happy about Xbox Mod project by Rim, also I hope that The Hero will give us unreal GTA III Xbox experience in the future :rol:

Flame

Flame, what inspires you to work so hard on this project ? May be SA is your favourite game of them all ? Or atleast your favourite GTA ?))

It is a very interesting question. GTA: San Andreas is, maybe, one of my favorite games. But now my flavors were changed and I like more "peaceful" games. But I still like GTA SA, despite on disadvantages (now I think that stories of the GTA games are not very clever, for example), for its atmosphere, large open world, possibilities and even good memories... From all GTA games my favorite one - is GTA: Vice City (I did not played GTA V yet). My first GTA games are GTA 3 and VC, then SA.

For me interesting to do this mod because it's interesting to see the results, the results of your actions and work, also this is like a test (an exam) for me, because it is not easy to finish such large project like this mod.

This mod impresses me more and more with each new screen, these textures look absolutely gorgeous!

Btw I saw a in few posts back that you're also retexturing and remodelling LODs, sadly LODs don't support mipmaps in this game, this means that when high resolution textures are used they will appear "noisy" when looked at from a certain distance, regardless if the texture has mipmaps or not.

Thanks, Reyks! It is possible to use MIP maps on the LODs textures, at least I generate MIP maps for all the LODs textures and it seems that LODs look more smoothed too.

Shakez

@Flame You better install V !!!

Reyks

Thanks, Reyks! It is possible to use MIP maps on the LODs textures, at least I generate MIP maps for all the LODs textures and it seems that LODs look more smoothed too.

I guess it depends on the texture resolution, since most LOD textures have a really low quality it doesn't really matter if they have mipmaps or not, but I could be wrong.

From what I was told by some scripters (don't remeber who exactly) in theory LODs don't support mipmapping, but I never really tested this in-game to see if it the mipmaps are working or not :p

Flame

I guess it depends on the texture resolution, since most LOD textures have a really low quality it doesn't really matter if they have mipmaps or not, but I could be wrong.

From what I was told by some scripters (don't remeber who exactly) in theory LODs don't support mipmapping, but I never really tested this in-game to see if it the mipmaps are working or not :p

My LODs are in high resolution (some of them - 1024x1024) and mipmapped, but I don't know exactly (after our conversation), works mip mapping on the LODs in standard game or not; I hope yes, because technically for the game these are the same textures, but with other distance of appearance. We need to check this.

@Flame You better install V !!!

I've installed GTA V, but did not played. :) Maybe I'll play it soon. I think, it can give me some inspiration. Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn2, №22: Different buildings

There are some new screenshots from HRT 1.4 modification. Like the previous one, this report is connected with different buildings and areas on the LAn2 section. You can see and already familiar from the previous reports places, and the new ones. Pay attention also on the little details; minor objects also have new textures.

0_21f350_7e3f5748_M.jpg 0_21f351_e5de5b1_M.jpg 0_21f352_88ca5e86_M.jpg

0_21f353_24de06ce_M.jpg 0_21f354_3e8b4651_M.jpg 0_21f355_de4b8966_M.jpg

0_21f356_30219939_M.jpg 0_21f357_fd647899_M.jpg 0_21f358_b171d0fb_M.jpg

0_21f359_b220ae0f_M.jpg 0_21f35a_c2067356_M.jpg 0_21f35b_9eb89894_M.jpg

0_21f35c_a46b511_M.jpg 0_21f35d_e6e8a9b1_M.jpg 0_21f35e_fd45a4a1_M.jpg

0_21f35f_afe3d0f_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com:
LAn2: Different buildings (continue)

Edited by Flame

spartaque12

nice work flame , keep it up <3

Shakez

I have a dream: HRT 1.4 + INSANITY VEG + MMGE 3.0

Flame

Thanks, mates. Always glad to see the new comments here.

Edited by Flame

Hansonic

The day when regret buying gta sa enhance edition :facedesk:

Marty McFly

With ambient occlusion that will be added with ENBSeries, it will look better. This model was improved for the first time in the mods.

not everyone can run SA with ENB you know.

but im not saying you should remake the texture , im not pushing you , just letting you know.

oh , and i dont think its wasting time , if its for the better.

ReShade AO is very lightweight without the overhead of ENB.

@Flame: being such a "rework everything over and over because halfway in the process your old work is inferior to what do can do now" - modder myself, I totally understand your point; hesitating to release unfinished work because it's not the best you can do. But I'd really like to test your mod with my ENB mod which is rather revolutionary in comparison to other ENB mods. Stuff like shader generated sky, new water shader (not eNB'S one, totally new) normal mapping (yes, not a lie), PBR, new rain with puddles and water ripples and numerous other things. I use RoSA atm and I really don't like it. I'm craving for some good textures (with fixed UV mapping, vertex lighting etc)..

Here's how it looks atm but mostly missing mipmapping kills it :/

12080270_1012588885445731_43013611262860

13321616_1068224403215512_13210972604620

13256322_1059569570747662_47143025046759

13133287_1049692171735402_66596700569306

13227555_1055512857820000_42564653789145

Edited by Marty McFly

Shakez

@Flame GIVE THIS MAN HRT 1.4 !!!

Flame

@Flame: being such a "rework everything over and over because halfway in the process your old work is inferior to what do can do now" - modder myself, I totally understand your point; hesitating to release unfinished work because it's not the best you can do. But I'd really like to test your mod with my ENB mod which is rather revolutionary in comparison to other ENB mods. Stuff like shader generated sky, new water shader (not eNB'S one, totally new) normal mapping (yes, not a lie), PBR, new rain with puddles and water ripples and numerous other things. I use RoSA atm and I really don't like it. I'm craving for some good textures (with fixed UV mapping, vertex lighting etc)..

Here's how it looks atm but mostly missing mipmapping kills it :/

Hello, Marty McFly, glad to see you here. You are far advanced in the ENB configuring, shaders and so on, for me this are very difficult things, and I'm impressed how looks your ENB mods. Even with standard materials game looks like the new one. While the HRT improves the game's graphics in artistic sense (materials, fixed models), MMGE improves the graphics in program, post-possessing sense, and it will be cool to combine these things. You will play with the mod and your newest MMGE and ReShade will look very good with HRT 1.4.

I'll be even more try to finish the mod faster, but in the same time I really cannot release unstable and unfinished mod, because this can kill all good impressions from my work, when people will play in the very "raw" modification...

For the standard completion of HRT mod also is very needed some ENBSeries mod.

@Flame GIVE THIS MAN HRT 1.4 !!!

Wait and you will be rewarded. :^: Edited by Flame