1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Flame

HRT 1.4

Flame

LAn2, №12:
Parking

A huge car parking on LAn2 section, textures of which were reworked. By the way, here takes place action of some missions.

0_2192e0_90b8d53f_M.jpg 0_2192e4_31ce9cdc_M.jpg 0_2192e5_49a9a106_M.jpg

0_2192e2_49c9fa23_M.jpg 0_2192e1_9b6e75f7_M.jpg 0_2192e3_f71f88db_M.jpg

You can see these screenshots also on Mod DB

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com:
LAn2: Parking

Don't you have any problems with Yandex images hosting? I mean, is this comfortable for you to watch the screenshots from this hosting (because it has some signs in Russian, like a link for opening full resolution image). I can post images from Mod DB, but thumbnails there are much smaller. P.S. I don't like popular images hostings. Edited by Flame

The_GTA

Don't you have any problems with Yandex images hosting? I mean, is this comfortable for you to watch the screenshots from this hosting (because it has some signs in Russian, like a link for opening full resolution image). I can post images from Mod DB, but thumbnails there are much smaller. P.S. I don't like popular images hostings.

At first time I was worried because I cannot read Russian. But the way you can switch between images is great. I'd say stick to Yandex because its a quality service.

I agree to you Flame. Recently I tried postimage.org but when I tried to display thumbnails in my GTAForums topic it was broken. Instead, Yandex cares about customers. :)

Flame

Thanks for answer, The_GTA. I also remember cases, when pictures were deleted by hosting, also sometimes hostings just filled with ads, sometimes inappropriate.

To open full resolution image is needed to click on "...", and then on the link.

Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn2, №14: Some fixed places

Unfortunately, the original game, despite the quality level of debugging (for example, clear game never, as for me, crashes* — *at least, in Windows XP, in newer systems it sometimes work in not the best way), has a lot of shortcomings in quality of the models. There are and «gaps» on the models, and incorrect collisions, and bad mapping with either squeezed or stretched textures, and incorrect proportions...

This is normal for that times and I do not criticize Rockstar. Their work is very good. We must note that capacities of consoles — in that times — were not powerful. GTA SA was developed originally for PS2. Small size of RAM, of videocard memory. Developers just could not load to these memory difficult textures and models.

Due the technical reasons developers used very low quality textures. When textures are low quality it is insensibly that they are incorrectly mapped on the model, but when we replace this LQ texture on HD one, it becomes clear how texture is bad mapped. Exactly these situations I try to fix in the mod. You can read an article about improving of the models.

In this report I'll show some places that were fixed now on this part of location.

0_21999f_3e17fe6b_M.jpg 0_2199a0_4362e9e6_M.jpg

0_2199a1_19b7fb65_M.jpg 0_2199a2_e215c126_M.jpg

0_2199a3_ff2d979a_M.jpg 0_2199a4_c89e671b_M.jpg

0_2199a5_2f2ff560_M.jpg 0_2199a6_ac86b6ac_M.jpg

0_2199a7_e411b81e_M.jpg 0_2199a8_75b85b0a_M.jpg

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com: LAn2: Some fixed places

I will be glad to see your comments.

Edited by Flame

darkdrifter

Wow, that laundry was really big, good job Flame.

And thanks for not editing collisions, the game will still be compatible with SA:MP and MTA with this mod :)

Flame

Thanks, darkdrifter! But I edit collisions. There are some places in original game where player can walk through the object, or if on the model was added new part - it is needed to create new collision. Will see, I hope that I will be able to make the mod compatible with SA-MP.

Edited by Flame

TWIST_OF_HATE

Amazing, tons of hard work on this mod, and after looking at progress map, looks like it still far from final release. Flame, are you really plan to release this in 2016 ? The way I see it - 2017.

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

darkdrifter

Thanks, darkdrifter! But I edit collisions. There are some places in original game where player can walk through the object, or if on the model was added new part - it is needed to create new collision. Will see, I hope that I will be able to make the mod compatible with SA-MP.

I don't think if SA:MP will crash or desyncronise for something like that, so it's okay :)

But if you edited collisions, why don't you remove this part (see screenshot) ? It's now useless since it was used my the old shop and doesn't mean anything now. :D

wWsBvrk.jpg

Flame

Thanks, TWIST_OF_HATE. Release date, release date... I tired to move the release date each time. Maybe I'm too romantic or optimist, who knows, but I want to try to finish it in the status of beta version this year. It can be like almost finished mod, but unpolished. Then, as final version, in 2017. But will see, maybe I'll move the release date again. Each time this causes great damage, because probably more people get tired of waiting for it.

darkdrifter, I totally agree, that part is not needed more, but I've switched to the other models now - and soon I'll show a lot of screenshots, so I can left that part as some kind of "architectural refinement", or delete them later. :)

Edited by Flame

Edgrd

those textures are so beautiful. best textures for SA so far.

frostbiT

I've been waiting for this mod since the topic has been started ~2012. At least i hope to see some test versions like whole LS. and SF. Because if we have to wait for finished all map, i think this would took a few years more for finished product....

Flame

Gytis-JDM, I'm glad that there are people who consider that this mod is worth for so long waiting!

My patience to work with the mod also is not endless, and I think that there are not few years. For the final version next year can be the year of release. So far, I have confidence that all will be by the plan. If not, it will make sense to review it and release the mod by the parts.

Edited by Flame

Flame

One user (and thanks to him) on Mod DB pointed on my inattention - missed "r" in "laundry" sign. Sad a little for so my inattentiveness. Anyway, I've fixed the texture.

Osho

Yeah. It'll be great if you release the mod in parts, like-LS, Countryside, SF, Deserts, and LV.

Can't wait to play with the upgraded textures for the countryside. Dense vegetation, different types of trees and creepy forests would be awesome.

Flame

I promise that materials for countryside and the forest will be awesome, because I like nature very much. This is certainly will be one of the strong sides of HRT 1.4. Photorealistic textures of grass, a lot of grass types, smooth transitions between textures. And you can see nature textures are made in other my mods, like Autumn Sunshine. I think, not bad.

But I note that in HRT will not be new models of the vegetation, so don't wait for them. Any user will just install his favorite trees mod.

Or this is important, to have a third-party mod that will be installed with HRT "from the box"? Just interesting.

About release by the parts.

Previous old HRT Pack was released by the parts - LV, LS, SF. And after I decided that it would be better to release only the full mod, in full completion. I did not like the idea to release mod by the parts. This can make some confusion, some users after the release will not know, what version they must download and so on, like happens very often.

But last time I thought about this. If this idea will be implemented, for the first can be released certain cities, and after then mod with the all parts of the game world together.

And some question. Nobody faced with problem when game crashes by pressing F3 on the keyboard? Any version, even clean.

Edited by Flame

icatalin

I was going to beg for a link to test it - but I'm not.

Keep up the good work! I'm looking foward to play San Andreas once again with this mod, when it's finished. Just take your time and release it when you think it's ready, it's all your work afterall.

Flame

LAn2, №15: Some other fixed places and buildings

There is the newest report about development of HRT 1.4 mod.

This new report is connected with the previous one. I've boasted of improved model of the laundry that in the original game was with incorrect proportions — door was in few times bigger then our hero, but what a shame — I've made a misprint on the LAUNDRY sign. Now it was fixed.

Also I want to show a lot of new places; I've changed again some textures (including shop windows) from the previous time. These buildings models also are improved with new textures mapping and new materials that are not in original game (in the mod there are a lot of not only replaced, but added materials).

0_21aa99_3ab332be_M.jpg 0_21aa9a_1dc56e5e_M.jpg

0_21aa9b_6e7d6fd5_M.jpg 0_21aa9c_d2a50a78_M.jpg

There is also will be a Chinese shop. I hope, the sign is correct, if not please, report me about this. One of the nameless cafe, near which there are plastic chairs, now will be Italian trattoria — this is more interesting.

0_21aaa1_f4d5645_M.jpg 0_21aaa0_9d787a40_M.jpg

0_21aa9f_52ba0320_M.jpg 0_21aa9d_939f90f6_M.jpg

0_21aaa2_f95c1926_M.jpg 0_21aa9e_dc7b0ba8_M.jpg

For it's door I've used a texture with eCola. This soft drink brand that was appeared in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (only in this game from so-called 3D Universe), and in all the HD Universe GTA games (IV, V). I think, the appearance of this trademark in some places of GTA SA will not avoid the game's atmosphere. If you think that this is not the best idea, again, write me your opinion here.

0_21aaa3_9dd7992f_M.jpg 0_21aaa4_2d2457cf_M.jpg

LAn2: Some other fixed places and buildings

This thing is still important!

And some question. Nobody faced with problem when game crashes by pressing F3 on the keyboard? Any version, even clean.

UPD. Maybe this F3 problem (F3 runs playing of replay) was connected with incorrect replay file in savegames folder; problem was disappeared.

icatalin, thanks!

Edited by Flame

Shakez

Amazing @Flame
Congrats for everything you did with this game.Can't wait to see your work on countrysides, mount chiliad and desert.I hope you will add more grass, plants, rocks.(don't be afraid to add things there.You will not change the feeling fo the original game.Rockstar added too if they could with tehnology they had in 2003-2004 and you had a nice idea with veg.Because many of us will use insanity.) To be honest and NOT MEAN the city in san adnreas FOR ME it's the boring place so can't wait for you to "go" there.

BobFromReboot

Any progress on interior or vehicle textures? I'm curious what you're going to do with the interiors of vehicles, and the inside of Ten Green Bottles/it's clones. Are you going to be able to give the different bars more unique interiors, or are you keeping that the same?

Flame

BobFromReboot, progress of vehicle textures is good! After some reports about the city I'll show some vehicles. In the mod will not be new interiors, will be used original ones (of course, each of them will be remade).

By the way.

Happy Victory Day!

The Duke Of Nukes

Excellent work as always! But if I had to be picky, the text in the "Coin Laundry" isn't centered very well but used to when it read "Coin Laundy". Also, the Chinese restaurant's texture mapping is a bit weird, if I were you I would make the slanted inwards parts in the middle and on the left side of the entrances a brick wall. Awesome job nevertheless and I am really looking forward to this mod!

Flame

Thanks, The Duke Of Nukes! Text is centered the same, as for me, maybe it looks another because I've used a little another font for new sign, because I did not saved .psd earlier. I agree that Chinese restaurant is not ideal, but and is not bad. Textures on the original model were mapped (again) with incorrect proportions (giant doors and so on), and I've remapped textures on the model without significant changes on the model. I compensated giant door problem with adding the smaller door in the center of stone wall, and replace texture with giant door on the wall with smaller one. Hope this is not that important, because we have a lot of other models that must be fixed.

Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn2, №16:
Ancient building with lions on the doors

There is an old building with ancient architecture. Model of this building was not only retextured, textures were remapped (were fixed some mapping issues, traditional for the game), also model was smoothed to look a little better.

0_21b8f0_f56eed87_M.jpg 0_21b8f2_21aa106c_M.jpg

0_21b8f3_d2fd4368_M.jpg 0_21b8f1_77569f10_M.jpg

With night prelight I tried to show that window openings glow in the dark. Pay special attention at the lions figures on the metal doors. Now they are more voluminous.

0_21b8f4_fe91a09d_M.jpg 0_21b8f5_5724f47f_M.jpg

0_21b8f6_b90768d6_M.jpg 0_21b8f7_ca326085_M.jpg

LAn2: Ancient building with lions on the doors

Edited by Flame

Lennie.

AWESOME. I am really waiting for a beta release, are you planning it anytime soon?

Keep up this brilliant work!

The Duke Of Nukes

Magnifique!

Flame

Thanks, mates!

Lennie, beta will be, but, unfortunately, not soon.

Edited by Flame

Flame

Very soon I'll post new screenshots, but now I made some changes on the mod's site, and I want to ask your opinion,

Previously, in short news text (that displaying on the main page and on the news archive) were displayed few little images from those, there were displayed in the full news. But now I decided to make the site more modern: in a short news will be displaying only one image, but a big one, at width of all news block. It is more easy to show than describe.

0_21b936_8075d8c1_M.png 0_21b935_63b94151_M.png

The first image with old design of the news (it will remain for the old news). The second image with new design of the news (for experiment I changed view of latest ones). I think, it is better now. How do you think?

Flame

LAn2, №17: LODs

Resolution of the LODs textures in HRT 1.4 is increased in few times. Thanks to this objects will be in very good quality even on the far distance. In the same time this feature still working on us as optimization and help us to save some performance.

0_21b99d_9c99df7a_M.jpg 0_21b99e_a1304c8d_M.jpg 0_21b99f_acea8955_M.jpg

LAn2: LODs

The_GTA

The first image with old design of the news (it will remain for the old news). The second image with new design of the news (for experiment I changed view of latest ones). I think, it is better now. How do you think?

This design is much better for mobile phones (I am on my Lumia right now). In general I prefer a powerful image over small indistinguishable ones. Choose the top image wisely ;) If someone clicks an article I think he is rewarded with more images?

Good job!