3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Flame

HRT 1.4

Flame

Silent, I did not understood very well. For me proportions that I have is correctly.

Tomasak, mod is a remaster of PC version, I am not interested in "PS2 atmosphere" and similar tricks, for me icons are very good.

George Costanza

Tomasak, mod is a remaster of PC version, I am not interested in "PS2 atmosphere" and similar tricks, for me icons are very good.

I say that hud icons from PC version are with color loss. So proper remastering should be done from PS2 one as they are same expect they don't have any color and quality loss.

Flame

I do not want to offend or disappoint anyone, but mod uses PC version as a base. For me this version is the main, because this is the same PS2 version, but highly improved, yes - with another gamma and with little cuts, but and with improved content at the same time. I know that a lot of users like different aspects of PS2 version and like this variant of the game more. In this case any user can install their favorite mods over the game and that's all. But redrawn by yojo icons are very quality and crisp, I additionally added sharpness filter for better displaying. For me they are good. I looked at PS2 icons, they are more colorful, but nothing more, icons in the mod are much better. (By the way, there is very interesting thread, I'll investigate all these things, maybe some of them can inspire me).

Edited by Flame

Gjosh

Your years of hardwork deserve much, much more popularity. Keep up the great work Flame!

Shakez

@Flame

What about roads and rails?
Will you gonna improved them ?

Flame

MrMateczko

Tomasak wanted to tell you, that PC icons are a result of compression and color loss of original PS2 icons, making them a different style unintentionally.

Casual players have played for 10 years with original PC icons, they except them to look the same, just in better quality.

I think Flame is doing the right thing. He said it, don't like it? Install your own.

With Mod Loader, this is even easier.

Edited by MrMateczko

Flame

Did you miss the new screenshots?

The_GTA

MrMateczko, I think Flame knows much about mods. It does not matter what makes other mods unique. The point is that yojo did a really good job and his work deserves to appear in HRT.

MrMateczko

What new screenshots?

Yes, we want them!

Flame

Okay, mates, progress is very good, but new screenshots and reports will be in about a week.

zmudziak32

Yes, any news of HRT is great. I hope that when you LS, you don't redo SF again.

Flame

LAn2: Work in progress

Finally I can say that work on LAn is really finished. Works on the next section, LAn2, are already continued. In this new development report I'll show you new images from the mod, remind about latest progress and say few words about the weather outside.

Read full material on my site

Materials

0_2124f8_10c4fb3a_M.jpg 0_2124fa_4b0e8910_M.jpg 0_2124fc_db16d4a_M.jpg

Los Santos Tower (we will back to this building)

0_2124ff_217d179b_L.jpg

0_212500_1bb48c39_L.jpg

Edited by Flame

Shakez

Good luck next.Always be positive!
Great screens btw

Flame

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Ezekiel, thanks and for suggestion, but, as you can see, I already have my own textures for this building.

Flame

LAn2, №2:
Los Santos Tower

In previous and the first report about this section (LAn2), I've already wrote about this building Los Santos Tower. This is a skyscraper in Downtown of Los Santos, the tallest building in the whole San Andreas state. It's based on U.S. Bank Tower from real Los Angeles, California.

Interesting that building in the game also has a special rooftop (to get into the roof, you will enter to a marker near the doors of the building), from what player can jump with a parachute.

I want to show you, how this model was improved special for the mod. On these renders from 3ds Max you will see new textures, that made for the mod, but you can compare texture mapping how textures were mapped (overlaid) on the model. Upper frame is mapping from the original game. Very often in the original game mapping is incorrect: textures are or very squeezed, or distorted in other way... Now, as you can see from the lower frame, mapping is corrected.

0_2134e6_52f60a7c_M.jpg 0_2134e7_e2cc8e1e_M.jpg 0_2134e9_bef30229_M.jpg

0_2134e8_b21ba2d1_M.jpg 0_2134ea_1da9bc55_M.jpg

You can see these screenshots also on Mod DB

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com:
LAn2: Los Santos Tower

darkdrifter

Nice !

I love to see theses model improvements posts, and I want to see more of them :D

Keep it up Flame ! :)

Flame

Thanks, darkdrifter. On this section will be a lot of models that really need improving, and you will see a lot of such posts. :)

Edited by Flame

savidge

very nice work, @Flame. i love the detail your work has.

Toghrul Rahimli

Great job with the tower Flame!

The only thing i don't like is the first mapping. It's rotated and doesn't fit the detail and logit at all :D Here, i mean, it could be much better this way:

m1O1EV.jpg

Flame

Yes, I agree that it can be "straight" but this is better than earlier. Will see, maybe if will be some time, I'll fix this model again, but a lot of such models waiting for me. Sometimes it seems that whole the game is composed from such models.

Edited by Flame

Flame

I glad to show you some new images from my mod. And other interesting news - finally I've (at least, I hope so) figured out with PayPal, and now people who want support the mod can do this with help of PayPal.

LAn2, №3:
ZIP clothes shop

ZIP is one of the main clothes brands in San Andreas state. There are a lot of ZIP clothes stores in the state, and one of them you can find on the LAn2 section of Los Santos.

For the first, two comparison images with mapping. How incorrect mapping of the textures was fixed in HRT 1.4 mod.

0_214107_673e495e_M.jpg 0_214106_ad78f201_M.jpg

Now let's move to in-game screenshots.

0_214108_de998416_M.jpg 0_214109_9b2cd5f4_M.jpg 0_21410a_b13138f4_M.jpg

About improved textures. As I've wrote (if I'm not mistaken) in one of old posts, sometimes, for SOME textures, in the mod is uses method of improving of the old textures with using of special Photoshop plugin (for resolution increasing). Improving, because sometimes is hard to find exactly the same material, like the old one, but is very needed to save familiar look of the object. Such improved textures are used for the part of the building; another part of the texture is a fully new one (including ZIP logo).

LAn2: ZIP clothes shop

Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn2, №5:
Buildings with glass parts

In this report I want to show you a glass building. Seriously, I don't know, how this place is named and what prototype it has. And I didn't find it in GTA Wikia or other places with list of places in GTA: San Andreas world. It looks like some complex of buildings, to be more correct, maybe gallery or something like this. Write me if you know.

Few buildings have glass parts; on the territory of the buildings there are flower beds; fitted with tiled floor.

Well, this place in Los Santos, like all other places too, was totally retextured.

0_214590_593b8f72_L.jpg

Also there is one interesting feature. Some of fences in original game have not transparency. In HRT 1.4 it was added.

Another interesting thing — added opacity to glass texture and through the glass can be seen sky.

0_214592_3424c2df_M.jpg 0_214595_47088e67_M.jpg

0_214597_7d937de8_M.jpg 0_214596_d0bbfeea_M.jpg

0_214593_791c26e8_M.jpg 0_214594_c0c9e938_M.jpg

On the glass on the wall of building also added very low transparency. I try to create illusion of some reflection (through it can be seen location, to be honest, but this is unclear), if will be some critics about this window — I can disable it's opacity:

0_214598_b1651b8c_M.jpg 0_214591_68bb7280_M.jpg

LAn2: Buildings with glass parts

Edited by Flame

NyTaed

^Great work, as always. :)

Edited by NyTaed

darkdrifter

Nice work !

It's hard to complain about your hard work, but I honestly don't like the transparent window on the last screenshot, it looks like a bug to me. :/

Flame

Thanks for comments, mates. Very interesting to see more opinions about that window (in dynamic it's better than on the screenshot).

IlyaKostygov

Fixed mapping looks great! Keep it up.